30767 194 2022-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Kamen666 Posted at 12-13 01:14
So.... bye bye focus problem and hello new overheating problem

Now the 4k50 test at room temperature gave me I don't know why more files 7:19, 7:27, 6:36, 2:54 and overheat. Loop is off.
2022-12-13
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

StevoB Posted at 12-13 02:47
I'll tell you.... At the moment I'm only comparing on 1080 (due to PC weak graphics cuts videos, problem with h.265) with GP11, as I quickly set it yesterday and the guard turned, but literally, on FHD GP11 soft compared to FHD OA3 It's not motion blur from GP11...

For focustests it is perfectly sufficient to work with photos, you will even get better test results. Better in the sense of better comparable.
2022-12-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

StevoB Posted at 12-12 10:36
It still spins stiffly. The glue is probably the fixation of the "calibrated" tube by the supplier of all the optics, and DJI will only fix it with screws in the factory. Someone here has already done a test that it is stable even after a hard MTB ride. As soon as the Out of Focus buzz started, someone said that a third party was providing them with the optics....right? not true? It doesn't matter, because it is complemented already detuned to other distances, not what they declare...

whe you break the seal,  it needs resealing, depends on the product  we all do the obvious. but since you said DJI uses screws, was that what they did to yours?

so yeah that says  that they do what they want, and that be a very unprofessional manner t return a broken camera

2022-12-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

overheating in latest firmware, never will figure out why a  enclosed camera overheats quicker
2022-12-13
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I'm very happy that I'm not the only DIY man. The fix works. DIY always works.

Haters gonna hate but I'm loving it.
2022-12-13
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

StevoB Posted at 12-13 03:20
Now the 4k50 test at room temperature gave me I don't know why more files 7:19, 7:27, 6:36, 2:54 and overheat. Loop is off.

Did you contact DJI and what did they say about the overheating issue
2022-12-13
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Aavalaakso Posted at 12-13 04:56
I'm very happy that I'm not the only DIY man. The fix works. DIY always works.

Haters gonna hate but I'm loving it.

Maybe this is how they recruit technical talent, widespread vaccinations obviously damage the gray cortex of the brain
2022-12-13
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Kamen666 Posted at 12-13 05:47
Did you contact DJI and what did they say about the overheating issue

No, and I don't have confidence after all that. It looks nice on the eye, but it's a huge waste of time. The comrades mumbled something in the fw, so I assume that it will be corrected in the next fw.
2022-12-13
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

StevoB Posted at 12-13 06:04
No, and I don't have confidence after all that. It looks nice on the eye, but it's a huge waste of time. The comrades mumbled something in the fw, so I assume that it will be corrected in the next fw.

Look at it on the bright side, it's already winter, you have to use it mainly outside so it don't overheat!
Fingers crossed that it doesn't freeze after the next firmware update
2022-12-14
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Thanks for sharing this info
2022-12-14
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

SOURCES

2022-12-14
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

That looks really good!
2022-12-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Kamen666 Posted at 12-14 01:23
Look at it on the bright side, it's already winter, you have to use it mainly outside so it don't overheat!
Fingers crossed that it doesn't freeze after the next firmware update

Mine didn't overheat when I shot it outside today in -9 or so
2022-12-14
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

lucky you  
2022-12-14
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

johansenfoto Posted at 12-14 05:53
Mine didn't overheat when I shot it outside today in -9 or so

yes, but you're still a loser because it doesn't warm your hands...
2022-12-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Kamen666 Posted at 12-14 05:56
yes, but you're still a loser because it doesn't warm your hands...

Haha true
2022-12-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

That's a really good camera
2022-12-14
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

The next "promotion" from DJI will be with a gift of gloves or a fan.
At the customer's choice!
2022-12-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Kamen666 Posted at 12-14 06:07
The next "promotion" from DJI will be with a gift of gloves or a fan.
At the customer's choice!

Haha I can just imagine using a fan for the camera
2022-12-14
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

There is no luck.. he did adjusted the lens ;-)
2022-12-14
Use props
TroutManiac
lvl.2
United States

One OA3 with tweaked focus ring, one right out of box. Both have dates of MY of 9\22.
RIGHT CLICK OPEN IMAGE IN NEW TAB TO BE ABLE TO ZOOM IN FULL RESOLUTION AND SEE ACTUAL COMPARISON DIFFERENCES

2022-12-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TroutManiac Posted at 12-14 15:45
One OA3 with tweaked focus ring, one right out of box. Both have dates of MY of 9\22.
RIGHT CLICK OPEN IMAGE IN NEW TAB TO BE ABLE TO ZOOM IN FULL RESOLUTION AND SEE ACTUAL COMPARISON DIFFERENCES[view_image]
https://youtu.be/3GkRFcpu7F0

Why do you keep zooming in that is not what an action camera is about or designed for. People who do this so called fix are rather stupid in my view. It probably voids their warranty and possibly ruins the camera for underwater use
2022-12-14
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-14 23:24
Why do you keep zooming in that is not what an action camera is about or designed for. People who do this so called fix are rather stupid in my view. It probably voids their warranty and possibly ruins the camera for underwater use

You are stupid enough. You probably haven't taken off the protective glass from OA3 in your life, otherwise you wouldn't have written such nonsense. Guaranteed to fall? By gently turning it to 15°CCW, there is no reason to void the warranty, because technically nothing changes, only the micro movement of the lens from the sensor, and the lens is not removed, the only thing that is allowed is the gluing of the lens in the tube, which is not due to waterproofing, but that someone "wise" calibrated and sealed it so that it would not rotate during transport and assembly in the body and "correct" calibration was guaranteed. According to DJI, it is correct for sharpness at infinity... In some videos, they do a complete dissection to show how it works, but to fine-tune the correct focus, you just need to turn the lens, there is no need to remove any sealing rings. The only protective ring against water is orange just below the protective glass, it is the only thing that separates the intestines from the water. The sealing ring on the lens is more of a protection against dirt and moisture when handling and changing ND filters, CPL....so even if there were no black ones, only orange ones you can safely underwater.

PS: You keep stirring up dust and insulting. Whether you're comfortable with softness at a distance where an action camera is used the most is up to you, but don't make fools of them that they want to have it the way it should be, otherwise I'd buy a landscape camera instead of an action camera. NO action camera in the world is as soft in the foreground as the Osmo Action 3! So why are you playing smart, what is it supposed to be used for. Buy the third and fourth, you know, how can I trust you, be happy and if you can't help the mass of people with an obvious technical problem of the manufacturer, then you better shuffle your feet at home. I assume you know how to use the internet, so there are a lot of people on youtube with the same vague problem, so attacking Marc and co is a ridiculous attempt on your part to continue who from whom. And the only reason I keep responding to your nonsense is so that if anyone reading you is new to it and doesn't know, they won't be misled and fooled by your biased propaganda and make their decision based on the evidence of the SOURCES. Have a nice day.

2022-12-15
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I didn't see any action on your videos, you are using your action camera wrong.  
An actioncam was not designed to make boring "me crawling around the park" videos.

And now don't tell us what we can and can't do with it....
2022-12-15
Use props
TroutManiac
lvl.2
United States

Zooming in? You would be someone who uses the zoom function on an "action camera". Changing the point of focus on different objects by moving closer and further away from them  in the focal ranges however, I didn't notice that in the not allowed section of the manual, mind boggling!

Good thing I don't go scuba diving, but do want the objects I'm filming out and about in the world to actually not be softer then your wife's wang. All I see you do here is pretend a problem doesn't exist, except for the ones you continue to stir up. Which does nothing but explicitly mislead the community
2022-12-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

JustName Posted at 12-15 01:35
I didn't see any action on your videos, you are using your action camera wrong.  
An actioncam was not designed to make boring "me crawling around the park" videos.

Walking around in park is action for old people
2022-12-15
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

johansenfoto Posted at 12-15 03:34
Walking around in park is action for old people

But not for the cam. Old smartphone is good enough for this kind of "action"
2022-12-15
Use props
EpicTree
lvl.2
United Kingdom

One OA3 with tweaked focus ring, one right out of box. Both have dates of MY of 9\22.
RIGHT CLICK OPEN IMAGE IN NEW TAB TO BE ABLE TO ZOOM IN FULL RESOLUTION AND SEE ACTUAL COMPARISON DIFFERENCES[view_image]

Nice difference, How much roughly did you turn your lense? just to check did you have to rotate the lense anti-clockwise?
2022-12-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looks REALLY good. I’m not sure I have the bottle to do this to my camera, but seeing what people are getting makes it very tempting. Great result!
2022-12-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yeah call me old   
2022-12-15
Use props
TroutManiac
lvl.2
United States

EpicTree Posted at 12-15 09:33
Nice difference, How much roughly did you turn your lense? just to check did you have to rotate the lense anti-clockwise?

Id say it got rotated about 0.25 to 0.5 cm from the original position. I started off counterclockwise, but from going back clockwise once or twice gauging focus on the screen i honestly dont know which direction it ultimately ended up deviating from. I wish i marked it before adjustment to be honest.
2022-12-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

EpicTree Posted at 12-15 09:33

I started too much approx. 45° counterclockwise (CCW) it was focused to maybe 5cm. Then I'm slowly back. First through the webcam and then through the window, isn't it already infinitely soft....It works out for me that 10-25°CCW is enough, I won't write in mm, since it's a movement in a circle. It is not possible to say how many degrees it is in a lump sum, what a piece it is different, as there were shifts of part-time workers....
2022-12-16
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Nice tweak with this lens rotation. Makes the problem finally solved.
But is it also going well with the latest firmware update? Seems the latest firmware update caued the image to feel sharper, but there were also people complaining about increased heat generation and decreased battery life after update. Which could mean there's extra processinggoing on (digital sharpening?).

Are recordings now not "oversharped" with an corrected focal distnce in combination with the latest firmware?

Great fix! An just wondering
2022-12-16
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Rockel83 Posted at 12-16 04:19
But is it also going well with the latest firmware update? Seems the latest firmware update caued the image to feel sharper, but there were also people complaining about increased heat generation and decreased battery life after update. Which could mean there's extra processinggoing on (digital sharpening?).

Digital focus has no effect on consumption. More like HDR, where probably when it has enough light, it combines several frames into one... and that is demanding on performance, i.e. consumption...
2022-12-16
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rockel83 Posted at 12-16 04:19
But is it also going well with the latest firmware update? Seems the latest firmware update caued the image to feel sharper, but there were also people complaining about increased heat generation and decreased battery life after update. Which could mean there's extra processinggoing on (digital sharpening?).

OP - Thanks for sharing this video.

"Are recordings now not "oversharped" with an corrected focal distnce in combination with the latest firmware?"

This was my question as well. I'd love some insight.
2022-12-17
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

KLRSKIR Posted at 12-17 04:29
OP - Thanks for sharing this video.

"Are recordings now not "oversharped" with an corrected focal distnce in combination with the latest firmware?"

No they are not oversharped.
2022-12-17
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

JustName Posted at 12-17 08:10
No they are not oversharped.

Thank you!
2022-12-17
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

I added all the videos without editing on that day of "testing" the tuning OA3 vs. GP11. I had them next to each other, body to body In these lighting conditions, the output of the OA3 is definitely pleasing to me. GP11 and its HDR (always ON) , I certainly don't, but someone may like it. Where I remember it, I added HDR to the name for OA3, or Enhanced 05 videos, the rest are standard, all auto and wide. It would still like to work on compression (data flow), because there is almost twice as much OA3 as GP11 at the same resolution and frames...10bit OFF to all.

In Focus OA3 vs. GP11 black
2022-12-17
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Nice comparison between GP11 and OA3.  
At first glance, the GP11's image looks better, but if you take a closer look, you'll notice that the OA3 has a wider FOV in every configuration and the image is naturally less detailed as a result. In addition, the GP11's images look very artificially post-sharpened.
Overall, I think the OA3 delivers a very good image once the focus is set correctly. However, it would be better if the FOV was smaller because the image becomes too spongy and distorted at the edges, giving away resolution overall.

Would be cool if you could maybe swap out the OA3's lens altogether for one with a smaller FOV. Like an interchangeable lens, so to speak. It can be unscrewed, after all.
2022-12-17
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

JustName Posted at 12-17 11:35
Nice comparison between GP11 and OA3.  
At first glance, the GP11's image looks better, but if you take a closer look, you'll notice that the OA3 has a wider FOV in every configuration and the image is naturally less detailed as a result. In addition, the GP11's images look very artificially post-sharpened.
Overall, I think the OA3 delivers a very good image once the focus is set correctly. However, it would be better if the FOV was smaller because the image becomes too spongy and distorted at the edges, giving away resolution overall.

I like this FOV, because it pleases in some (very few) situations. I mostly shoot in standard dewarp and a little less in wide. Of course, if the lens had a FOV of 120°, it would distort less....but here is the race of competitors, the more FOV, Mpx, mAh, sensor size....the more lines, the more adidas.... : )
2022-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules