Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustName
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

StevoB Posted at 12-17 11:48
I like this FOV, because it pleases in some (very few) situations. I mostly shoot in standard dewarp and a little less in wide. Of course, if the lens had a FOV of 120°, it would distort less....but here is the race of competitors, the more FOV, Mpx, mAh, sensor size....the more lines, the more adidas.... : )

The problem is, the standard dewarp is nothing else, then upscaled picture from the middle of the standard wide angle picture.
2022-12-17
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

KLRSKIR Posted at 12-17 04:29
OP - Thanks for sharing this video.

"Are recordings now not "oversharped" with an corrected focal distnce in combination with the latest firmware?"

I wanted to write that HDR on OA3 sharpens the digital strongly, but I found out at home that I only had HDR on 1080. I already wrote once that the output of GP11 on 1080 is mud compared to OA3 and it looks like OA3 is on 1080 digitally overboosted sharpness to a great extent. It needs a better test at all resolutions. It can look decent on older TVs and monitors, and some people like it, but I certainly don't. The output from OA3 at 4k shows no signs of overboost.

2022-12-18
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

Where is the camera mounted? Head, chest, or just in your hand? Is it RockSteady, or HB?
I exclusively use RockSteady all the time, but now that I got the Telesin neck mount, the footage is kinda goes up and down when I walk. Your's is quite stable vertically so maybe you are using HB? I need to try other stabilizations, too.
2022-12-18
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

osmonauta Posted at 12-18 13:29
Where is the camera mounted? Head, chest, or just in your hand? Is it RockSteady, or HB?
I exclusively use RockSteady all the time, but now that I got the Telesin neck mount, the footage is kinda goes up and down when I walk. Your's is quite stable vertically so maybe you are using HB? I need to try other stabilizations, too.

Just in hand. Horizon balancing.
2022-12-18
Use props
CRAIGMART75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the Info
2022-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

2022-12-31
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

What R these?
2022-12-31
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

those are the tools to remove a lens but not the sizes we need, sorry, but here is a video of it just found

2022-12-31
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

That's interesting! They have all sorts of lens unmounting stuff at https://japanhobbytool.com/. The things people come up with...
2022-12-31
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I thought I just share a short video  when its scheduled to air.   

By the looks of the image shown there is really minimal room for margin, so to each their own and be careful if you go about the repair yourself
2023-1-2
Use props
Heil
New

Ukraine

Has dji solved the problem of physical focusing in new cameras?
2023-1-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DJI has not noted the site or will so people are saying YIM 11/2022 and up.  depends also on the region. I been with three models and all three are good .
2023-1-18
Use props
Heil
New

Ukraine

Fishycomics Posted at 1-18 16:08
DJI has not noted the site or will so people are saying YIM 11/2022 and up.  depends also on the region. I been with three models and all three are good .

thank you, I will probably try to buy)
2023-1-19
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Heil Posted at 1-19 10:28
thank you, I will probably try to buy)

You are quite welcomed.

1. official site  should  send the correct ones out, between you and DJI
2 online stores,  they will send what they got
3 stores to walk in you can  inspect before paying

good luck
2023-1-19
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

was the easiest tweak ever took like  minute to do  sharing the vid  
2023-1-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

a minor adjustment was all that was needed with the camera.  good luck to all!
2023-1-25
Use props
skysailor64
lvl.4
United States

I recently purchased a used OA3 said by the owner to be a replacement from DJI for the out of focus issue and that this one did not have the out of focus issue...Well,not true.  And while it was out of focus I decided a return through eBay was not worth the effort. It was indeed out of focus as have been the previous 5 cameras I have received from both DJI and Amazon.  So feeling a little desperate I decided to try the lens adjustment now widely known on the Internet. Success! I now have sharply focused videos and photos like many I had previously seen online convincing me this camera is capable of good sharp video and stills.  All I can say is that it's not a myth. There is a problem but one that is easily fixed by a physical adjustment of the lens.  I am not going to post a bunch of before and after stills and videos to satisfy the trolls (you know who you are).  I am a DJI Osmo Action camera fan and I sold my OA1 because I was expecting great things with the OA3.  My initial disappointment is now (after many purchases and returns)  resolved by taking direct action to refocus the lens of my current camera.  Good luck to you all.
2023-2-9
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

skysailor64 Posted at 2-9 17:07
I recently purchased a used OA3 said by the owner to be a replacement from DJI for the out of focus issue and that this one did not have the out of focus issue...Well,not true.  And while it was out of focus I decided a return through eBay was not worth the effort. It was indeed out of focus as have been the previous 5 cameras I have received from both DJI and Amazon.  So feeling a little desperate I decided to try the lens adjustment now widely known on the Internet. Success! I now have sharply focused videos and photos like many I had previously seen online convincing me this camera is capable of good sharp video and stills.  All I can say is that it's not a myth. There is a problem but one that is easily fixed by a physical adjustment of the lens.  I am not going to post a bunch of before and after stills and videos to satisfy the trolls (you know who you are).  I am a DJI Osmo Action camera fan and I sold my OA1 because I was expecting great things with the OA3.  My initial disappointment is now (after many purchases and returns)  resolved by taking direct action to refocus the lens of my current camera.  Good luck to you all.

I'm glad that you're finally happy and the camera makes you happy...
2023-2-14
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I am about to re do my image up on the roof is PURE daylight and a computer screen to tweak it again. Lol
2023-2-14
Use props
Karo Cann
lvl.1
United States

can someone link to amazon what is the best tweezers to use to adjust the lens? i got an october batch and it seems out of focus....
youtube.com/watch?v=TwNi1TFswTs
youtube.com/watch?v=sjpYxB48PMc
2023-2-14
Use props
JustName
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I did used this one

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B009YSOZSW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=newstipp-21&linkId=d1ffe853a4d5871b749b5dab893f171c&language=de_DE&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
2023-2-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Mine is also 25cm. €3 in medical supplies.
2023-2-15
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

skysailor64 Posted at 2-9 17:07
I recently purchased a used OA3 said by the owner to be a replacement from DJI for the out of focus issue and that this one did not have the out of focus issue...Well,not true.  And while it was out of focus I decided a return through eBay was not worth the effort. It was indeed out of focus as have been the previous 5 cameras I have received from both DJI and Amazon.  So feeling a little desperate I decided to try the lens adjustment now widely known on the Internet. Success! I now have sharply focused videos and photos like many I had previously seen online convincing me this camera is capable of good sharp video and stills.  All I can say is that it's not a myth. There is a problem but one that is easily fixed by a physical adjustment of the lens.  I am not going to post a bunch of before and after stills and videos to satisfy the trolls (you know who you are).  I am a DJI Osmo Action camera fan and I sold my OA1 because I was expecting great things with the OA3.  My initial disappointment is now (after many purchases and returns)  resolved by taking direct action to refocus the lens of my current camera.  Good luck to you all.

I am not going to post a bunch of before and after stills and videos to satisfy the trolls (you know who you are).

Because you have no proof and seem to run with the hares and hunt with the hounds.
The funny thing about this moving of the lens. Not a single user on this forum has posted any credible results either photos or videos. But instead others have posted the absolute proof that those who actually moved the lens had horrific outcomes so much so that they wont post any results. Maybe you have joined this club.

This is a forum that others come for help but people like you try to put them astray because you completely fail in to prove you have been true to your convictions . Not posting results is nothing but a sham and is continually being posted by those “claiming “ they fixed their problems. Same people were not a bit shy of posting their problems have now crawled under their shells when it comes to showing the fix. But I bet those who come to this forum would greatly appreciate these “great results” being on show. You are not satisfying the trolls you are helping genuine people who come here for that help, so don’t be so ignorant and post the results before/after “or do you even have them.

If you need to see the shocking outcomes of taking such action I can post at anytime.
2023-2-15
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Karo Cann Posted at 2-14 21:31
can someone link to amazon what is the best tweezers to use to adjust the lens? i got an october batch and it seems out of focus....
youtube.com/watch?v=TwNi1TFswTs
youtube.com/watch?v=sjpYxB48PMc

Your videos show nothing and moving your lens voiding your warranty will not improve on anything you posted here.
2023-2-15
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I would listen o your heart         the spanner tools for the job are no where to be found
2023-2-15
Use props
Karo Cann
lvl.1
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 2-15 10:52
Your videos show nothing and moving your lens voiding your warranty will not improve on anything you posted here.

im pretty new to action cameras, how do i test if something is out of focus?
2023-2-15
Use props
Karo Cann
lvl.1
United States

decided not to do the manual adjustment, i dont want to break the warranty like what was posted here. going to just return it and get a gopro instead.... the amount of time i spend researching to fix this is not worth it, i'll just pay the $100 more
2023-2-17
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Karo Cann Posted at 2-17 14:03
decided not to do the manual adjustment, i dont want to break the warranty like what was posted here. going to just return it and get a gopro instead.... the amount of time i spend researching to fix this is not worth it, i'll just pay the $100 more

That will fix it for sure. ; )
2023-2-17
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

$Amen.........
2023-2-17
Use props
skysailor64
lvl.4
United States

I used an Adel Clamp like this one which protected the lens barrel from any scratches.
https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Lok ... id=pla-571003471913
2023-2-17
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

2023-2-18
Use props
skysailor64
lvl.4
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 2-15 10:47
I am not going to post a bunch of before and after stills and videos to satisfy the trolls (you know who you are).

Because you have no proof and seem to run with the hares and hunt with the hounds.

It's funny how the trolls (or perhaps Chinese Bots) self-identify themselves. All you need to do is call them out as trolls and they come running. I am very happy with my DJI Osmo Action 3 camera now that I have corrected the focus by repositioning the lens. That is not a challenge to anyone...it's simply a state of fact.  There are more than enough examples of out of focus videos and methods of making the adjustment on YouTube for anyone who has a question about it.  Such as this one I am simply reporting my success and satisfaction with having received a faulty device and making the risky adjustments to achieve very sharp and clear focus on my DJI Osmo Action 3 camera. I find this forum very helpful and for the most part congenial and educational. No need for insulting accusatory over reactionary comment unless you have an agenda.  
2023-2-20
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

I had same focus issue. even after exchange also same focus issue with new cam. I was in dilemma to send my replaced second camera to DJI for repair which would cost me 30% of cost.  I watched multiple tutorials for lens rotate. Finally figure it out that you only need Tweezer to do deal with focus issue. see attached image link BEFORE and AFTER adjusting lens.
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=505338624913

2023-2-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

totally awesome. really enoyed the fix
2023-2-21
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

skysailor64 Posted at 2-20 17:20
It's funny how the trolls (or perhaps Chinese Bots) self-identify themselves. All you need to do is call them out as trolls and they come running. I am very happy with my DJI Osmo Action 3 camera now that I have corrected the focus by repositioning the lens. That is not a challenge to anyone...it's simply a state of fact.  There are more than enough examples of out of focus videos and methods of making the adjustment on YouTube for anyone who has a question about it.  Such as this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10R0eIvE0ZMI am simply reporting my success and satisfaction with having received a faulty device and making the risky adjustments to achieve very sharp and clear focus on my DJI Osmo Action 3 camera. I find this forum very helpful and for the most part congenial and educational. No need for insulting accusatory over reactionary comment unless you have an agenda.

someone will say that you are making things up again...
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m Posted at 2-21 06:27
I had same focus issue. even after exchange also same focus issue with new cam. I was in dilemma to send my replaced second camera to DJI for repair which would cost me 30% of cost.  I watched multiple tutorials for lens rotate. Finally figure it out that you only need Tweezer to do deal with focus issue. see attached image link BEFORE and AFTER adjusting lens.
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=505338624913
[view_image]

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. May I confirm if this issue is resolved? If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know.
2023-2-22
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

skysailor64 Posted at 2-20 17:20
It's funny how the trolls (or perhaps Chinese Bots) self-identify themselves. All you need to do is call them out as trolls and they come running. I am very happy with my DJI Osmo Action 3 camera now that I have corrected the focus by repositioning the lens. That is not a challenge to anyone...it's simply a state of fact.  There are more than enough examples of out of focus videos and methods of making the adjustment on YouTube for anyone who has a question about it.  Such as this one am simply reporting my success and satisfaction with having received a faulty device and making the risky adjustments to achieve very sharp and clear focus on my DJI Osmo Action 3 camera. I find this forum very helpful and for the most part congenial and educational. No need for insulting accusatory over reactionary comment unless you have an agenda.

I think the real trolls are the cowards who continue to refuse to post one single video showing what they done and the results of this. But once again nothing to show. The same trolls who are continually on here complaining about how many units they send back offer nothing to anyone except to copy and paste useless information from others and you are clearly one of the biggest trolls operating this so called information without any actual information. So another user who has posted nothing but ridiculous rants giving ridiculous advice that show nothing except they are all mouth and no trousers…
2023-2-22
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 2-22 05:25
I think the real trolls are the cowards who continue to refuse to post one single video showing what they done and the results of this. But once again nothing to show. The same trolls who are continually on here complaining about how many units they send back offer nothing to anyone except to copy and paste useless information from others and you are clearly one of the biggest trolls operating this so called information without any actual information. So another user who has posted nothing but ridiculous rants giving ridiculous advice that show nothing except they are all mouth and no trousers…

Totally hear ya but remember

if one stupid lil thing went wrong, they quickly blame the camera, and that holds true for every place you are on.
the DJI  Osmo Action 3   does the job, gets the job, but in the right hands, maybe these people never heard of gopro and they are on their first ever camera, never know.   

I hate my computer because I type and it adds double spaces.  GEE!

Peace   F I S H
2023-2-22
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

So here is with the Tweaked lens that DJI got no clue what is in their cameras, and I am in darkness, but this is a frame grab shows you how nicely this camera did capture a shot, ask me later will it do it again
Oh its video, not sure what a photo will do

FISH

2023-2-22
Use props
Stuff
New

Czechia

Hallmark007 Posted at 2-22 05:25
I think the real trolls are the cowards who continue to refuse to post one single video showing what they done and the results of this. But once again nothing to show. The same trolls who are continually on here complaining about how many units they send back offer nothing to anyone except to copy and paste useless information from others and you are clearly one of the biggest trolls operating this so called information without any actual information. So another user who has posted nothing but ridiculous rants giving ridiculous advice that show nothing except they are all mouth and no trousers…

I was creeping around these forums for a while now, researching the issue, but I was never going to post. Congratulations, you win, your comments appearing over and over again made me do it. Although this will likely fall on blind eyes, here I go:
I got two OA3, the first one is 2022/08, second is 2022/11. I corrected the focus on both.
The 2022/08 was abysmal, turned the lens about 30°ccw. This video I made after the fact - I wanted it to be out there as a resource for people, as judging by DJI responses on this forum I do not think you can achieve anything productive talking to them.
https://youtu.be/uN_6SIkRxCk

Since I actually love the camera (after I fixed it). I decided to give it another try and bought the 2022/11 a few weeks ago. Here I made sure to very thoroughly test it against my (at that point fixed) 2022/08:
https://youtu.be/GMGm6en-Nag
And here I made sure to record the whole proces of me correcting the focus of the 2022/11 (turned about 5°ccw):
https://youtu.be/Ijv6WVzXxHs

Both my cameras were out of focus out of the box, and they were focused wildy differently (one brutally out of focus, the other slightly out of focus). There is a world outside of this forum and it is much bigger. You can find many videos on youtube.
Here a video I took with the corrected 2022/08, seems perfect to me... I think it was ISO max 800, shutter 1/100, 4k60, rocksteady (not+), ultrawide, WB auto.
https://youtu.be/lV4NtGbQJH4

I bought both cameras from (different) retailers in my country, not from DJI directly. I have not contaced DJI or the retailers I bought from at all, as I am just a DIY guy and from my point of view the cameras are perfect now and I just want to enjoy them and move on. I love the cameras, not so much the company response to this issue... My only hope is you will stop confusing people researching the issue here. Signing out now.
Best Regards
2023-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules