Nanuk cases, two thumbs up
1095 9 2022-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

I held off for a long time getting a Nanuk case for my Air 2s, I looked at several other brands who offered orange but was not at all happy with what I could see. I wanted an orange case, I think they look more professional, and I wanted the 925, with the cut outs for the fly more. The case generally sells for around $220, which to me is way to much for what it is. Even with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday yada yada sales it was still around $160+. After a lot of consideration I decided that the smaller 915 would suffice and I stumbled on that case, in orange, on sale at Amazon for about $73, with the cut outs, VS the pick-N-pluck foam. That price was much more palletable and the case came in today. I'm pleased to say that it looks to be excellent quality and tight. Plus it has a lifetime warranty, (for what ever that's worth). So this long story is to give a hearty plug to Nanuk Cases. I'll buy one again in the future for a different drone, when that time comes.
2022-11-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too use Nanuk cases on all my drones and for my pistols also.  They are just really well made and durable.  I can attest to them being watertight also.  They are a bit expensive but in this case you get what you pay for.  
2022-11-30
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-30 04:11
I too use Nanuk cases on all my drones and for my pistols also.  They are just really well made and durable.  I can attest to them being watertight also.  They are a bit expensive but in this case you get what you pay for.

I'm glad to hear that, I'm not using mine yet, but I am impressed with a lot of the little things about the case. The latches, the way it's designed to hold upen, I like the clean look and I appreciate that it's offered in a selection of colors.
2022-11-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

very helpful to have different case colors when you have multiple drones.

this is my first experience with a decent (branded) case so i hope to understand the benefits soon rather than buying a bunch of basic no-name cases and hoping for decent quality for a lower price.  with nanuk, so far so good.
2022-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-30 05:10
I'm glad to hear that, I'm not using mine yet, but I am impressed with a lot of the little things about the case. The latches, the way it's designed to hold upen, I like the clean look and I appreciate that it's offered in a selection of colors.

All great reason to buy a Nanuk.  
2022-11-30
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-30 13:56
All great reason to buy a Nanuk.

Yes sir. After using it a while I'll have a better idea of what I do/don't care for about it, but as of now I'm pleasantly surprised!
2022-11-30
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-30 09:01
very helpful to have different case colors when you have multiple drones.

this is my first experience with a decent (branded) case so i hope to understand the benefits soon rather than buying a bunch of basic no-name cases and hoping for decent quality for a lower price.  with nanuk, so far so good.

100%. It seems to me to be such a simple thing to throw some color in the resin during the mix, but I have no experience so maybe there's a BIG clean up after each color change.
2022-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 11-30 14:50
Yes sir. After using it a while I'll have a better idea of what I do/don't care for about it, but as of now I'm pleasantly surprised!

I have a total of 6 Nanuk cases and to be honest I have zero complaints about any of them.  I hope your experience will be similar.  
2022-12-1
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-1 03:55
I have a total of 6 Nanuk cases and to be honest I have zero complaints about any of them.  I hope your experience will be similar.

That's good to hear,  I too hope things are the same for me!
2022-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 12-1 15:26
That's good to hear,  I too hope things are the same for me!

I have no doubt the Nanuk case will hold up well and you'll be glad you bought it vice one of the cheaper made hard cases.
2022-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules