New DJI Osmo Action 3 Firmware Released (4/26/2023 )
123Next >
44240 114 2022-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.04.26
  • Firmware Version: v01.03.10.30
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.8.16
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.8.16

What’s New
  • Added Enhanced Image Quality in video shooting mode for certain resolutions and frame rates.
  • Improved image quality when used as a webcam or when livestreaming.
  • Optimized UI display for certain functions.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
Custom Mode settings will be reset after the firmware update.

If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
1.    Restart Osmo Action 3 and DJI Mimo.
2.    Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
3.    Connect Osmo Action 3 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.
Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.11.30
  • Firmware Version: v01.02.10.10
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.8.6
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.8.4

What’s New
  • Added HDR Video in shooting mode for wider dynamic range (10bit video and Enhanced Image Quality are enabled by default when recording HDR Video).
  • Added shooting 10bit video in D-Cinelike mode, providing wider color grading for post-production (Only available for certain resolutions and frame rates).
  • Added Enhanced Image Quality in video shooting mode, extending the dynamic range and displaying more highlight and shadow details (Only available for certain resolutions and frame rates).
  • Added Timecode for synchronization. When using Timecode, Osmo Action 3 can be synchronized by the system settings or the time code synchronizer. This improves the post-production efficiency when shooting with multiple cameras.
  • Added OTG (USB On-the-GO) connection. Android devices can connect to the camera to transfer files.
  • Added RockSteady+ for better stabilization.
  • Added support for 16:9 vertical display livestream.
  • Added Narrow option for FOV.
  • Added options for Auto Power Off. 1 min and 2 min are now available.
  • Added support for Arabic in camera system settings.

Notes:
Custom Mode settings will be reset after the firmware update.

If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
1.    Restart Osmo Action 3 and DJI Mimo.
2.    Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
3.    Connect Osmo Action 3 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.
Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

Tutorials:
Firmware update

How to Use Timecode
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/timecode-how-to-use-timecode

2022-11-29
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

Thank you, DJI!
2022-11-29
Use props
djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15748 ft
United States

What is difference between Rockstead+ and Rocksteady? I see with Rocksteady+ the video is cropped a little more closer to when I use Horizon balancing.
2022-11-29
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

Added Enhanced Image Quality in video shooting mode, extending the dynamic range and displaying more highlight and shadow details (Only available for certain resolutions and frame rates).

This sounds good !
2022-11-29
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

I'm noticing that the startup time has been significantly improved. When I press the ON button to turn the camera on, it's maybe half a second or less and the camera is ready.
2022-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2022-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

osmonauta Posted at 11-29 23:16
I'm noticing that the startup time has been significantly improved. When I press the ON button to turn the camera on, it's maybe half a second or less and the camera is ready.

That is a welcome change!
2022-11-29
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ll get mine out of the cupboard! Thank you DJI.
2022-11-30
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

hd
extra fov 26mm
hyperlaps auto 4k
2022-11-30
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

Can't wait to update and test. I will make a video in my yt channel .. Before & after... ;)
2022-11-30
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The narrow mode is giving the equivalent of 26mm. It looks as though there is indeed, more ‘punch’ in the picture. Enhanced image option available in ‘normal’ colour, not d-cinelike. Narrow field of view not available in 4k.

I just took a quick shot in really poor light (very dull here at the moment) and I have to say, it looked pretty good for an action cam in poor light. The normal colour seemed over saturated and the grass was a bit blotchy but that’s to be expected in such poor light.

I'm almost frightened to say that I pointed it at my face on this forum, but I couldn't resist. I think it looks better. Whether it's the higher contrast or it is actually sharper, I don't know but I was definitely happier with my face definition.

You know, I might hang on to the A3 because to me, even though it looks like a contrast adjustment, the overall image is way more acceptable. Way better than the original footage that I took.

If anything, too contrasty perhaps in normal mode, but I need to wait for better light.

Well done Osmo……. It’s a sharper looking image overall with the sharpening that you’ve added. It’s just a question of waiting for better light to be fair to the camera and see if there are more artifacts on edges, which I suspect might be appearing. Not certain yet.

2022-11-30
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk Posted at 11-29 21:00
What is difference between Rockstead+ and Rocksteady? I see with Rocksteady+ the video is cropped a little more closer to when I use Horizon balancing.

fierce sports like downhill bike needs more stabilization.
rocksteady+  takes more crop for steady. There are for steady / fov choice.
2022-11-30
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

Android Smartphone -Kamera
zeigt automatisch den Speicher an!
IMG_20221130_123435.jpg
2022-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TNQ Posted at 11-30 00:25
Can't wait to update and test. I will make a video in my yt channel .. Before & after... ;)

Looking forward to seeing the before and after video.  
2022-11-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-30 03:38
fierce sports like downhill bike needs more stabilization.
rocksteady+  takes more crop for steady. There are for steady / fov choice.

Great to see that rocksteady+ was added in this update.
2022-11-30
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Has the focus issue been sorted?
2022-11-30
Use props
Darklf
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Arpettaz Posted at 11-30 05:38
DJI, thanks for the latest firmware. Looks like video sharpness has also been tweaked a bit more so thanks for that
Hello ,
  You say "a little" improved?
  Doubt still seems possible ?….
2022-11-30
Use props
EpicTree
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wow nice update! just tried out the new features and about to view my files on my PC. Very excited, will report back how i find all the new features i tested

Edit: Noticed the startup time has drastically reduced... when i first got device it was 2 seconds, then it increased on the previous update to about 5 seconds and now mine is starting and ready in sub 1 second. ggs
2022-11-30
Use props
EpicTree
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Rocksteady Plus Holy smokes that was so good, even in the shoddy weather condtiions i currently in!! Awesome feature.

10 bit colour I'm not a colour grader (yet) so havent played around with that yet. also because weather Sucks Right now so cant get good light footage.

Enhanced image quality good, cant see much yet since i recorede footage is a full cloudy sky no proper light. So will retest when the sun shows itself. but I can immediately see slightly higher bitrate when it is on. So look forward to that.

Great update
2022-11-30
Use props
esobey
lvl.1
Czechia

Is anyone's camera super hot after the update? Its just turned on and its getting very hot. Factory reset - done, restart - done.
Update: I totally have overheating issue. The camera is on and its getting super hot while doing nothing. Recording at 4K 30 after 9 minutes - the camera stopped recoding due to overheating

2022-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Only glad I didn’t go taking mine apart because even though mine was pretty decent, it has improved quality in this update, I’m guessing FW could have sorted out the issues that were said to be hardware related. Great to see 10 bit, rocksteady + I would liked to have seen FW to allow for gyro stabilization.

(Only available for certain resolutions and frame rates).

I’ve seen this pop up twice, can someone explain what resolution’s?
Edit : they are in the menu under HVEC.

One thing worth checking is your personal settings will have changed a lot with new FW so worth checking before you go shooting.
2022-11-30
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

So happy I returned mine   and bet I get a 3rd one perfect out of the box
2022-11-30
Use props
Iancraig10
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This new firmware has improved it a lot, Fish. Mine’s one of the first and it went straight into a cupboard after I’d seen the footage. Kept it in case of improvements. Now I’m thinking it could be really useful.
2022-11-30
Use props
Astroita87
lvl.2
Italy

Thanks a lot DJI! Can't wait to test it on my Action 3! love this camera!
2022-11-30
Use props
djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15748 ft
United States

The 10bit is really nice addition. The colors and overall sharpness has improved greatly.
2022-11-30
Use props
Droffarc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Unable to update
please see
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=280367

Tried AGAIN! and was able to get up to 50% this time no error, cellphone just hanging
2022-12-1
Use props
Jadezkee
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

esobey Posted at 11-30 07:23
Is anyone's camera super hot after the update? Its just turned on and its getting very hot. Factory reset - done, restart - done.
Update: I totally have overheating issue. The camera is on and its getting super hot while doing nothing. Recording at 4K 30 after 9 minutes - the camera stopped recoding due to overheating

Yeah, mine too, it got hot after sometime right after updating it. Has anyone else experienced this.
2022-12-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

In wide mode, it looks like RockSteady has the equivalent of a 1.1x crop and the new RockSteady+ has the equivalent of a 1.5x crop. It really is a significant difference.  
2022-12-1
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Is anyone's camera super hot after the update? Its just turned on and its getting very hot. Factory reset - done, restart - done.
Update: I totally have overheating issue. The camera is on and its getting super hot while doing nothing. Recording at 4K 30 after 9 minutes - the camera stopped recoding due to overheating

Winter is comming...
2022-12-1
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

Thankfully, mine seems to be ok. Doesn’t get warm
2022-12-1
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

So if the camera can do HDR for video, why there is no HDR for photo? Could it be added?
2022-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
May we know if you connected to DJI Mimo app when you meet this problem and have you reset the country code? If possible, could you please provide us your log so that we can confirm details with our engineer and offer you better assistance?
Here are the steps to export the log:
1. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”.
2. Use the USB-C cable to connect Osmo Action 3 to a computer.
3. Select “File Transfer” on the Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2 screen. Go to “My Computer”. Find the corresponding disc for the Osmo Action 3(internal storage).
4. Please export all log files and zip them. Send the entire zip file back for analysis and confirmation (You can send us the log via Google Drive or Dropbox).
5. Please let us know the time point when the abnormality occurred.
2022-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jadezkee Posted at 12-1 02:59
Yeah, mine too, it got hot after sometime right after updating it. Has anyone else experienced this.

May we know if you connected to DJI Mimo app when you meet this problem and have you reset the country code? If possible, could you please provide us with your log so that we can confirm the details with our engineer and offer you better assistance?
1. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”.
2. Use the USB-C cable to connect Osmo Action 3 to a computer.
3. Select “File Transfer” on the Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2 screen. Go to “My Computer”. Find the corresponding disc for the Osmo Action 3(internal storage).
4. Please export all log files and zip them. Send the entire zip file back for analysis and confirmation (You can send us the log via Google Drive or Dropbox).
5. Please let us know the time point when the abnormality occurred.
2022-12-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

still no remote controller....
2022-12-2
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

JJB* Posted at 12-2 03:57
still no remote controller....

next update maybe ;)
2022-12-2
Use props
esobey
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-1 22:59
May we know if you connected to DJI Mimo app when you meet this problem and have you reset the country code? If possible, could you please provide us your log so that we can confirm details with our engineer and offer you better assistance?

The camera was only turned on, the heating increased in time, the camera wasn't recording or anything else.
10:28 - 69% battery  
10:38 - 61% battery
10:48 - 53% battery
10:58 - 47% battery
11:10 - 39% battery

Then I left everything to cool down.
Recorded in 4K 30 HDR, RS after 20 minutes the camera shot down due to overheating.

Before I ran this test, the factory reset was done. Settings auto.
The log file was generated after this test, here is the link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-IOW9d4If4ITmWMPgYdYPhGsORLtKaWC?usp=sharing
2022-12-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Kamen666 Posted at 12-2 04:33
next update maybe ;)

yeah...

Waterproof Remote controller like this one from Garmin!
Need one for my motorcycle....

cheers
JJB
GarminRemote.png
2022-12-2
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

JJB* Posted at 12-2 08:00
yeah...

Waterproof Remote controller like this one from Garmin!

It is for the bike that I want to use it too...)  it will be super comfortable
2022-12-2
Use props
cameraction
New

Netherlands

Hi guys, I made a first impressions and an installation video (it's in Dutch). The coming weekend I will record some more test footage in the city of Leiden in the Netherlands.https://youtu.be/SNWCQ23Gf5Y
2022-12-2
Use props
Darklf
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

esobey Posted at 12-2 07:19
The camera was only turned on, the heating increased in time, the camera wasn't recording or anything else.
10:28 - 69% battery  
10:38 - 61% battery

Well here it is in the same galley... same phenomenon for me: a real oven also this camera... I run away from gopro for that and it seems worse... moreover, I remain doubtful about the "improved" quality it's a only digital
2022-12-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules