New DJI Osmo Action 3 Firmware Released (4/26/2023 )
123Next >
44521 114 2022-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DunnoLol
New

United States

I've updated the firmware but I don't see an option for 10-bit. Does it automatically kick in on some mode or another?
2022-12-2
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

DunnoLol Posted at 12-2 18:53
I've updated the firmware but I don't see an option for 10-bit. Does it automatically kick in on some mode or another?
pro mode: cinelike you see 10bit
IMG_20221203_043626.jpg
2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

esobey Posted at 12-2 07:19
The camera was only turned on, the heating increased in time, the camera wasn't recording or anything else.
10:28 - 69% battery  
10:38 - 61% battery

Thanks for your update.
We will forward your feedback to our engineer ASAP.
2022-12-2
Use props
djiuser_9TlpZvxizgUE
lvl.2
Germany

esobey Posted at 11-30 07:23
Is anyone's camera super hot after the update? Its just turned on and its getting very hot. Factory reset - done, restart - done.
Update: I totally have overheating issue. The camera is on and its getting super hot while doing nothing. Recording at 4K 30 after 9 minutes - the camera stopped recoding due to overheating

Yes! I didn't have time to check after how long, but it shut off after about 10 Minutes 4K 30 FPS. Bummer!!!
2022-12-3
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

djiuser_9TlpZvxizgUE Posted at 12-3 01:24
Yes! I didn't have time to check after how long, but it shut off after about 10 Minutes 4K 30 FPS. Bummer!!!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 850&pid=2918830
2022-12-3
Use props
Ralf G.
lvl.2
Germany

osmonauta Posted at 12-3 11:06
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=279850&pid=2918830

Thank you for the link! :-)
2022-12-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

The touch of "Green" to the   usb connection was "sweet" that I like
2022-12-3
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

You mean the new link icon? I was gonna just comment on that, too. Attention to details!

I also like that the thumbnails are now showing the aspect, and in case of a video, the duration as well. (It may have showed the duration before I just don't remember. But I don't think it did.)
2022-12-3
Use props
Marlow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37316 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I'm getting the following message, when trying to sync timecode.

I have tried this with a TentacleSync Sync-E Mk2 and an Atomos/Timecode Systems UltraSync One and obviously matched the framerates between camera and timecode generator.

I am using a generic microphone adapter, which works fine as a microphone adapter with the Osmo Action 3.

Which cable was used in the DJI video on Skypixel ?

/M
2022-12-5
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

Hello guys

Here is my new fw yt video. English subtitles work fine most of the time.
2022-12-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

TNQ Posted at 12-5 08:09
Hello guys

Here is my new fw yt video. English subtitles work fine most of the time.

Really good copy you have
2022-12-5
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DunnoLol Posted at 12-2 18:53
I've updated the firmware but I don't see an option for 10-bit. Does it automatically kick in on some mode or another?

It's 10 bit in HDR mode or go into pro mode and record cinelike
If you don't normally do any editing HDR mode would be the one to go for but not in low light as you will see some slow shutter motion blur effects.
In normal always 8 bit even with the enhanced setting turned on.
8 bit is still fine in almost all scenarios.
10 bit only makes a difference if you do grading later - you might pull that bit more from highlights and shadows or make more adjustment to colours without footage tending to show banding in sky for example.
2022-12-7
Use props
red rob
lvl.1
United States

With the new OTG  support, can an external HDMI-Out be added to output a clean, live, image from the camera to a live switcher?  If so, would this work with a hub so it could be powered over USB while also providing HDMI out?
2022-12-7
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Thank you, DJI!
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_ECQSByqvlYN7
lvl.1
Bangladesh

Please enhance the "AUDIO QUALITY" as like "GOPRO". Dji osmo action 3 is capturing too much wind noise, vehicles and crowd noise when I use it in MotoVlog. It's really providing me bad audio when I ride bike.

My Gopro is providing very good audio without extra noise in a Cheap External Microphone. Where my Dji osmo action 3 providing too much noise.

Please update and solve this issue.

Thank you!
Arvin
2022-12-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_ECQSByqvlYN7 Posted at 12-22 07:24
Please enhance the "AUDIO QUALITY" as like "GOPRO". Dji osmo action 3 is capturing too much wind noise, vehicles and crowd noise when I use it in MotoVlog. It's really providing me bad audio when I ride bike.

My Gopro is providing very good audio without extra noise in a Cheap External Microphone. Where my Dji osmo action 3 providing too much noise.

Turn mic input down if you are in PRO
2022-12-22
Use props
djiuser_ECQSByqvlYN7
lvl.1
Bangladesh

Please upgrade the sound quality. -12db is not good enough for our MotoVlogging.
2022-12-25
Use props
djiuser_ECQSByqvlYN7
lvl.1
Bangladesh

johansenfoto Posted at 12-22 15:54
Turn mic input down if you are in PRO

It's -12db already but capturing too much wind noise and other noises as usual. I want a sound quality as like Gopro.
2022-12-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_ECQSByqvlYN7 Posted at 12-25 10:15
It's -12db already but capturing too much wind noise and other noises as usual. I want a sound quality as like Gopro.

Get a small deadcat for your lav-mic, it helps really much.
2022-12-25
Use props
djiuser_WEpT6sBaOIsT
New
Flight distance : 3369 ft
United Kingdom

Hi.. I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place here, I'm new to the forum, so apologies in advance if I'm in the wrong place.
I have a problem with my OA3 when trying to shoot continuous long duration video. When I finish recording my files have recorded into segments of around 6 to 7 mins duration. I contacted support who basically advised me to lower the resolution and bit. I've now tried all available recording resolution settings and I get the same result each time - a video divided into chunks I'm using a San Disk Extreme 256GB card.  Firmware v01.02.10.10 Can anyone offer an idea as to what is causing this?  Many thanks
2022-12-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_WEpT6sBaOIsT Posted at 12-28 06:59
Hi.. I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place here, I'm new to the forum, so apologies in advance if I'm in the wrong place.
I have a problem with my OA3 when trying to shoot continuous long duration video. When I finish recording my files have recorded into segments of around 6 to 7 mins duration. I contacted support who basically advised me to lower the resolution and bit. I've now tried all available recording resolution settings and I get the same result each time - a video divided into chunks I'm using a San Disk Extreme 256GB card.  Firmware v01.02.10.10 Can anyone offer an idea as to what is causing this?  Many thanks

Welcome to the forum.

All files splitted at around 4GB in size also? It is because of the limit of the filesystem.
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_WEpT6sBaOIsT
New
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 12-28 16:59
Welcome to the forum.

All files splitted at around 4GB in size also? It is because of the limit of the filesystem.

Hi, thanks for your reply. yes thats right files all under 4GB. So that's normal?
2022-12-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_WEpT6sBaOIsT Posted at 12-28 23:08
Hi, thanks for your reply. yes thats right files all under 4GB. So that's normal?

Yes it's normal for all cameras using FAT32 filesystem, that is almost everyone today.
2022-12-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I wonder if DJI will quicken the LED on start up  as its delays when recording
2022-12-29
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

djiuser_WEpT6sBaOIsT Posted at 12-28 23:08

You can use this to quickly join them together without recompression.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281755
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_ECQSByqvlYN7
lvl.1
Bangladesh

Update the sound quality as like "Gopro" please.
My setup is now: "Osmo action 3 + External Mic + Gain -12db" But when I ride at 40kmph, This camera catches so many wind noise and Wind blast.

Where "Gopro" Catches only voice and remove all other noises in any speed automatically.
2022-12-31
Use props
Staffydog33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1348881 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

THAT'S It I QUIT.

Sending this rubbish camera back......and im seling my my CRAP 300m DJI Mini 3 as it screws up at 300 meters.........my old DJI 2 used to give  me absoluyely ZDERO trouble, but I'm sick and Tired of paying hard earned mey for faulty crap. Or maybe it's just me, I mean, how silly of me paying a GRAND for a drone.......PLUS HAVING THE CHEEK TO EXPECT IT TO WORK 0UT OF THE BO=X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE I???????
2022-12-31
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Staffydog33 Posted at 2022-12-31 21:57
THAT'S It I QUIT.

Sending this rubbish camera back......and im seling my my CRAP 300m DJI Mini 3 as it screws up at 300 meters.........my old DJI 2 used to give  me absoluyely ZDERO trouble, but I'm sick and Tired of paying hard earned mey for faulty crap. Or maybe it's just me, I mean, how silly of me paying a GRAND for a drone.......PLUS HAVING THE CHEEK TO EXPECT IT TO WORK 0UT OF THE BO=X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE I???????

Just curious, what is wrong with the “rubbish camera”? I don’t see any posts under your avatar that concerns the Action 3.
2023-1-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Staffydog33 Posted at 2022-12-31 21:57
THAT'S It I QUIT.

We hear you but we like   to better understand  things, we are here to help so maybe we can figure the issues you are having out..

FISH
2023-1-1
Use props
djiuser_FJ5jy4EVq9pC
New

India

DJI Osmo Action 3 should support audio recording through external microphone while simultaneously charging the camera. This will help lot of motovloggers to keep recording for a long time.
2023-1-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If htey can not at least they can offer the pin layouts
2023-1-1
Use props
djiuser_ECQSByqvlYN7
lvl.1
Bangladesh

Please update the "Audio Quality" as like "Gopro".
My Dji Osmo Action 3 is capturing all the wind noise and other noises with my voice when I ride motorbike. I am not happy with this audio quality.
My every motovlog's footages are useless for this audio quality.
2023-1-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Question ( i know my answer):

Narrow; is only  available  on a lower resolution, not 4K, while we have Digital zoom and uses the sensor, why can you not just add narrow to  all, especially 4K.  the sensor is being used   for narrow is it not, I understand you  can not do horizon level (360 degree) due to the sensor, but can do it if you crop in.

I guess this is why a 5K action gets it all in a 4k resolution, correct?
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_WEpT6sBaOIsT
New
United Kingdom

Hi, I don't know if this is the correct place for this post, so apologies in advance if I'm in the wrong place.

When recording a continuous video of longer duration, say 30 minutes, my OA3 divides the footage into files of around 4GB. I understand that this is normal. However, when I come to splice the clips together, OA3 has dropped fractions of a second between each of the files, so there is a noticeable 'jump'. I'm using a v30 256GB SanDisk Extreme card. Anyone any ideas how to get smooth continuity between the files? Many thanks
2023-1-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

existing issue with the Action 1 DJI will fix it , if they see the comment. will take few firmwares
2023-1-8
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

djiuser_WEpT6sBaOIsT Posted at 1-7 04:57
Hi, I don't know if this is the correct place for this post, so apologies in advance if I'm in the wrong place.

When recording a continuous video of longer duration, say 30 minutes, my OA3 divides the footage into files of around 4GB. I understand that this is normal. However, when I come to splice the clips together, OA3 has dropped fractions of a second between each of the files, so there is a noticeable 'jump'. I'm using a v30 256GB SanDisk Extreme card. Anyone any ideas how to get smooth continuity between the files? Many thanks

Use this one first for joining the files. It was designed just for that. Mine haven't had a skip neither with regular nor hyperlapse videos of any kind.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281755
2023-1-8
Use props
djiuser_ECQSByqvlYN7
lvl.1
Bangladesh

Is the "CYNOVA" Mic adapter computable with "Dji Osmo Action 3"??
Please leave a comment if anyone know about that.

Screenshot_2023-01-21-11-23-30-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
2023-1-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

djiuser_ECQSByqvlYN7 Posted at 1-20 21:43
Is the "CYNOVA" Mic adapter computable with "Dji Osmo Action 3"??
Please leave a comment if anyone know about that.

No!

you  most usb type C wireless mics, and lav mics they  did not wire the USB port for it
2023-1-21
Use props
BrettHooker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161736 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Looking forward to Narrow FOV being added to 4k
2023-2-5
Use props
djiuser_5x5RF7UzPsGS
New

Germany

After updating to this firmware my back screen doesn’t work anymore. Only the front screen works. I have already tried multiple times factor resetting the camera. Even after reboot I can only use the front screen. Anyone having the same issue? Is there a fix for this? Can I re-do the firmware update somehow?
2023-2-12
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules