Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updating Goggles 2 with DJI assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)
4866 15 2022-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D.R.O.N.E.P.I.L.O.T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56407 ft
Singapore

I've been having trouble connecting my Goggles 2 with the DJI assistant app to update the firmware. The DJI Assistant 2 app connects perfectly with the Avata and Controller but just will not recognise the Goggles 2 when plugged in. I'm running the Mac version of the DJI Assistant 2 app.

The only way I can update the goggles 2 firmware is via the DJI Fly app.

Anyone having this issue and managed to solve it?

Thanks in advance
2022-11-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know did you change a cable to plug in the computer with DJI Goggles 2? Also, would you please confirm whether the computer recognize your DJI Goggles 2?
2022-11-30
Use props
D.R.O.N.E.P.I.L.O.T
lvl.2
Singapore

Yes tried on multiple cables and also tried on 2 different macs. It did not recognize the goggles 2 but only recognized the Avata and motion controller
2022-11-30
Use props
whoisjason
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue on a Mac. My phone recognizes the goggles but I only have the goggles 2 (no avata) and I cannot update the firmware.

My computer does not recognize the goggles 2 at all -  and have tried 9 different cables. Please help.
2022-12-5
Use props
D.R.O.N.E.P.I.L.O.T
lvl.2
Singapore

Seems like there is a bug on the DJI assistant 2 application that doesn't recognise the goggles 2, even though the DJI website says it supports the goggle 2....
2022-12-19
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Why don't  you just use DJI Fly app to update the firmware then?
The only device where DJI assistant 2 has to be used is the FPV Remote Controller 2 for the first firmware update.
2022-12-19
Use props
D.R.O.N.E.P.I.L.O.T
lvl.2
Singapore

nosnoop Posted at 12-19 22:35
Why don't  you just use DJI Fly app to update the firmware then?
The only device where DJI assistant 2 has to be used is the FPV Remote Controller 2 for the first firmware update.

Yea, I guess i don't have a choice. But also giving feedback to DJI that there is an issue with the app so that others will be aware, since they claim that it works with Goggles 2.
2022-12-19
Use props
FlyHard FPV
New
United Kingdom

i also cannot conect my goggles 2 to dji assistant, i actually want to go back to the first sorftware which you cant seem to do on the phone app or can you? just to let you know im using a mac too

2023-1-12
Use props
djiuser_pfrJMDA7wrgy
New

United States

whoisjason Posted at 2022-12-5 18:33
I am having the same issue on a Mac. My phone recognizes the goggles but I only have the goggles 2 (no avata) and I cannot update the firmware.

My computer does not recognize the goggles 2 at all -  and have tried 9 different cables. Please help.

Were you able to figure it out? I don't have the avata too and I can't update with out the avata on the dji go app
2023-1-21
Use props
fans0670523d
lvl.1

United States

I just figured it out. I had the same problem and had to use the DJI fly app to update the Goggles 2 (slooowly.....) and the DJI assistant 2 to update everything else. I read the Goggles 2 instruction manual, and the answer was in a small note in the middle of the manual.

Solution: you can only use a USB-C to USB-A cable to connect to a Mac. A USB-C to USB-C connection DOES NOT WORK (not compatible). My Mac laptop only has USB-C ports. So I used a USB-A to USB-C adapter, and plugged the USB-C to USB-A cable into it. IT WORKED!!!!!! The Goggles 2 connected via Assistant 2 and the firmware could be updated.
2023-5-16
Use props
Will Savitri
lvl.1

United States

fans0670523d Posted at 5-16 17:06
I just figured it out. I had the same problem and had to use the DJI fly app to update the Goggles 2 (slooowly.....) and the DJI assistant 2 to update everything else. I read the Goggles 2 instruction manual, and the answer was in a small note in the middle of the manual.

Solution: you can only use a USB-C to USB-A cable to connect to a Mac. A USB-C to USB-C connection DOES NOT WORK (not compatible). My Mac laptop only has USB-C ports. So I used a USB-A to USB-C adapter, and plugged the USB-C to USB-A cable into it. IT WORKED!!!!!! The Goggles 2 connected via Assistant 2 and the firmware could be updated.

I had the same issue on my Windows computer.  The usb A to usb C cable did the trick
2023-10-10
Use props
ra.daniels
New

United States

DJI...What if the Goggles 2 aren't recognized by the DJI FLY app or the DJI Assistant 2? I cant get either those two OR the virtual flight app to recognize ANY of my hardware. I need to connect to the fly app in order to update everything...but using multiple cables (even getting a lightning to USB C and bypass the provided dongle), and even a couple different phones, nothing works.
iPhone 14 pro max with iOS 17.0.3. I have the Goggles 2 with the DJI FPV remote controller 2.

I can fly the Avata just fine...but connecting to the apps for updates is impossible. I've searched all over these forums and elsewhere and I can't seem to find an answer. Please help!
2023-10-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ra.daniels@outlook.com Posted at 10-17 12:37
DJI...What if the Goggles 2 aren't recognized by the DJI FLY app or the DJI Assistant 2? I cant get either those two OR the virtual flight app to recognize ANY of my hardware. I need to connect to the fly app in order to update everything...but using multiple cables (even getting a lightning to USB C and bypass the provided dongle), and even a couple different phones, nothing works.
iPhone 14 pro max with iOS 17.0.3. I have the Goggles 2 with the DJI FPV remote controller 2.

Hi, ra.daniels. Sorry about the inconvenience. If you have already tried using multiple cables and phones but the issue still persists. We suggest sending the goggles for repair. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Have a great day.
2023-10-18
Use props
Birbal
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is plain stupid. For it to work, you need USB-C to USB-A than another USB-A to USB-C because my Mac has only C ports. Is the only way that works. But it won't work USB-C to USB-C :facepalm
1-5 14:02
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Birbal Posted at 1-5 14:02
This is plain stupid. For it to work, you need USB-C to USB-A than another USB-A to USB-C because my Mac has only C ports. Is the only way that works. But it won't work USB-C to USB-C :facepalm

on my mac, usb-c to usb-c from computer to integra/goggles2 works just fine.
otherwise, every mac owner should have one of these (or equivalent):  https://www.amazon.com/OWC-Thund ... 97TVLB4F/ref=sr_1_4
1-5 14:51
Use props
Birbal
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-5 14:51
on my mac, usb-c to usb-c from computer to integra/goggles2 works just fine.
otherwise, every mac owner should have one of these (or equivalent):  https://www.amazon.com/OWC-Thunderbolt-Dock-Compatible-Equipped/dp/B097TVLB4F/ref=sr_1_4

On mine USB-C to USB-C doesn't work and I've tried every single cable that I have
1-7 03:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules