Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flashing OA icon
1093 14 2022-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

I use both the latest version FlyApp on my RC (mini3Pro) and on my mobile device (MavicAir2).

RC FlyApp does not show the OA icon mid left on the screen, mobile device FlyApp does show this icon.

See the video, flight in N-mode with APAS ON (ByPass selected).
Sometimes in flight this OA icon starts to flash, the outer segments flashing white.

2 questions:
- Anyone knows what this flashing means ?
- why is this icon removed on the RC FlyApp ?

DJI ?

cheers
JJB
2022-11-30
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I don't have the last app version (I have 1.7.5) but have experinced the flashing as well, 3D OA indicator was displayed as it used to be. Could it be the possible obstacle in distance where the 3D indicator is not displayed?
2022-11-30
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I have never noticed this icon myself, probably because I have my drone in Brake mode, with APAS off. This icon represents the status of the APAS/Obstacle avoidance, but I don't know what the flashing means.
The green means that APAS is on and working, gray means Obstacle avoidance is working, but APAS is off/unavailable. Red means Obstacle Avoidance isn't working/isn't available.
Do you move the sticks when it flashes?
2022-11-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yaros1 Posted at 11-30 02:36
I have never noticed this icon myself, probably because I have my drone in Brake mode, with APAS off. This icon represents the status of the APAS/Obstacle avoidance, but I don't know what the flashing means.
The green means that APAS is on and working, gray means Obstacle avoidance is working, but APAS is off/unavailable. Red means Obstacle Avoidance isn't working/isn't available.
Do you move the sticks when it flashes?

Hi Yaros,

Flashing sometimes when flying, so RC inputs. But also with no inputs.

cheers
JJB

2022-11-30
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

Mine has been doing this since my other OA issues started.
2022-11-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

blue_canyon21 Posted at 11-30 08:56
Mine has been doing this since my other OA issues started.

This flashing icon is not new, asked this question few years ago too....

DJI never gave any answer....
2022-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, JJB*. Thank you for reaching out and we appreciate you sharing a sample video. The Obstacle Avoidance Icon on the left side of the camera view can be seen with Mavic Air 2 and DJI Air 2S drones only. The Obstacle Avoidance Icon on the camera view will flash green and white when APAS is set to “Bypass” but the aircraft is unable to execute the bypass mission due to environmental reasons, the function is downgraded to braking. We hope this information help. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 03:05
Hello, JJB*. Thank you for reaching out and we appreciate you sharing a sample video. The Obstacle Avoidance Icon on the left side of the camera view can be seen with Mavic Air 2 and DJI Air 2S drones only. The Obstacle Avoidance Icon on the camera view will flash green and white when APAS is set to “Bypass” but the aircraft is unable to execute the bypass mission due to environmental reasons, the function is downgraded to braking. We hope this information help. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi Gamora,

Thanks for your answer! Good thing to know....

But how does the Mini3Pro inform the remote pilot if this is the case?  annd for the M3 (classic)?
How do they know that Brake is active instead of the selected ByPass ??

If downgraded to "brake" will it automatically return to "ByPass" if environmental conditions are 'oke restored'...?

cheers
JJB
2022-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 12-6 03:16
Hi Gamora,

Thanks for your answer! Good thing to know....

Hello, JJB*. Upon checking, the DJI Mini 3 Pro indeed doesn't have this icon. We recommend checking the settings under Safety before and during flying. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-12-6
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 03:05
Hello, JJB*. Thank you for reaching out and we appreciate you sharing a sample video. The Obstacle Avoidance Icon on the left side of the camera view can be seen with Mavic Air 2 and DJI Air 2S drones only. The Obstacle Avoidance Icon on the camera view will flash green and white when APAS is set to “Bypass” but the aircraft is unable to execute the bypass mission due to environmental reasons, the function is downgraded to braking. We hope this information help. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi Gamora, Thanks for your answer.
2022-12-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 05:30
Hello, JJB*. Upon checking, the DJI Mini 3 Pro indeed doesn't have this icon. We recommend checking the settings under Safety before and during flying. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Gamora,

Are you serious with that answer ??

I have no clue when the conditions for "ByPass" are changing...so no idea when "Brake" is ON
Does DJI expect that i well check every x seconds in flight the settings ?
Is the setting actaully changed in the menu from ByPass to Brake, Bypass, Brake...ect ?

But the main question is ofcourse....if the software guys introduced this icon in the Flyapp, there is a good reason for that!

So why is is removed for the Mini3Pro and other types with OA sensors??

cheers
JJB

2022-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 12-6 06:56
Gamora,

Hi, JJB. Sorry for the inconvenience. I have forwarded your concern to our relevant team for further checking. We will update you once we receive feedback from them. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

LoveYou Posted at 12-6 06:38
Hi Gamora, Thanks for your answer.

Hi, LoveYou. You're welcome. If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us here at DJI Forum. Have a safe flight always!
2022-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 12-6 06:56
Gamora,

Hi, JJB. Thank you for patiently waiting.  We now received feedback from our relevant team, according to them, if environment restoration is eligible for "ByPass", the aircraft will "ByPass". But DJI still suggests that the user pays more attention to environmental changes during the flight. In addition, the obstacle avoidance icon on the left side of the DJI Fly APP interface is only supported by DJI Air 2S/AIR 2. Due to the structural and logical differences between different aircrafts, other aircraft do not support the obstacle avoidance icon displayed on the left side of the flight interface. You can enter the setting interface to check, we have also sent this issue to engineers for evaluation and optimization. Thanks for your feedback.
2022-12-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-10 20:27
Hi, JJB. Thank you for patiently waiting.  We now received feedback from our relevant team, according to them, if environment restoration is eligible for "ByPass", the aircraft will "ByPass". But DJI still suggests that the user pays more attention to environmental changes during the flight. In addition, the obstacle avoidance icon on the left side of the DJI Fly APP interface is only supported by DJI Air 2S/AIR 2. Due to the structural and logical differences between different aircrafts, other aircraft do not support the obstacle avoidance icon displayed on the left side of the flight interface. You can enter the setting interface to check, we have also sent this issue to engineers for evaluation and optimization. Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Gamora,

Thans for your answer.

DJI suggestion to check and pay more attention to the environmental changes...., uh... in a normal flight with no obvious, to me that is, environmental changes the icon flashes  often white.
I do not understand what the structural and logical differences are between DJI drones with OA sensors and how these differences interact with this icon yes or no.
AIr2 only front and rear( same for the Mini3Pro), Air2S more sensors as the M3.

As the icon flashes often during flight my thought is that because of that it has been removed from the FlyApp.

Checking the setings is ofcourse silly argument, how often and when do i need to check ; wich environmental change is a trigger to me to check...

cheers
JJB

2022-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules