772 7 2022-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_tXfql7tWsUI3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68970 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I know this has been requested many times in the past but there has been no feedback from DJI other than the standard "We'll pass it along to the engineers." I'm aware that it can be done with a 3rd party app. However I'd prefer it to be part of the official DJI offering.

So a plea to the moderators. Can you ask if this has been looked at and if it is still a possibility for a future firmware release, or if it has been decided that this will never be implemented for the Mini2, and let us know once and for all?

Thanks,
Darren

2022-11-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No way   Mini2 has no OA  so no follow me....

Too risky to use activetrack without sensors
2022-11-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd guess this has been asked for since the Mavic Mini was launched, let alone the Mini 2, so I guess the answer is. they have no intention of adding it......... and for the reason JJB suggests.
2022-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Darren. Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate you looking forward to having a Follow Me feature on Mini 2. Regretfully, we currently don't have an answer about this but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your support and kind understanding.
2022-11-30
Use props
djiuser_tXfql7tWsUI3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68970 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-30 14:47
Hi, Darren. Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate you looking forward to having a Follow Me feature on Mini 2. Regretfully, we currently don't have an answer about this but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your support and kind understanding.

Hi Gamora.

Thanks for the reply. However it doesn't really answer my question.

As has been mentioned, this feature has been requested many times since the release of the Mini2, and each request seems to be met with the same response, ie. the request will be forwarded to the appropriate team. The problem is we never hear if that suggestion is dismissed. Putting the idea forward again doesn't advance anything.

I understand what JJB is saying about the lack of obstacle avoidance. But as someone else mentioned on another thread that hasn't stopped the implementation of quickshots. And if I'm daft enough to try a "follow me" around a load of trees I'm probably daft enough to try and fly my drone myself in the same area, but the lack of obstacle avoidance doesn't prevent me from doing that.

So I ask again, can you ask if a follow me mode for the Mini2 is still on the table or has it been dismissed please? If it's never going to happen at least we will all know.
2022-11-30
Use props
AndyAusmAquarium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165915 ft
Germany

THX for information
2022-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not going to happen. that drone is pretty much end of life from a product development perspective.
2022-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_tXfql7tWsUI3 Posted at 11-30 15:08
Hi Gamora.

Thanks for the reply. However it doesn't really answer my question.

Hi, Darren. I understand that you just want to have a straight answer however, we apologize as we have not received notice that this function will be added at this time for Mini 2. Your kind understanding and support are appreciated.
2022-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules