3211 7 2022-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question for DJI (or anyone who can confirm).  Is the new "DJI O3 Air Unit" camera the exact same camera we get in the "DJI Avata" quad?  Specs look the same but I've been unable to confirm if they are EXACTLY the same camera being used.  Anyone know for sure?  I've not had a chance to compare side-by-side to see for myself.  

Know the picture quality in the Avata drone is a little dark in the shadows and if the exact same camera in O3 Air Unit than would expect the same.

O3 Air Unit Camera Specs:
  - 1/1.7 inch CMOS sensor
  - f/2.8 aperature

- 155 (degree) FOV

DJI Avata Camera Specs:
  - 1/1.7 inch CMOS sensor
-  f/2.8 aperature

- 155 (degree) FOV

2022-11-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the DJI Avata and the DJI O3 camera specifications are the same, but the structure is different. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-30
Use props
Jeff1975
lvl.1

Luxembourg

And... could I upgrade the DJI FPV drone camera with the O3 on the existing berceau?

2022-12-1
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-30 21:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the DJI Avata and the DJI O3 camera specifications are the same, but the structure is different. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

Perfect!  Exactly what I was looking for.  I suspected the 'structure' was different but just wasn't sure.  
2022-12-1
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FYI:  Put this short video together based upon the information received on this question (in case anyone else was wondering):  Sometimes easier to just watch a video...  

2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RGMGFitness Posted at 12-1 05:36
Perfect!  Exactly what I was looking for.  I suspected the 'structure' was different but just wasn't sure.

Thank you for your response. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-12-5
Use props
propartners1.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286900 ft
  • >>>
Lebanon

Hello.

I was wondering if the 03 camera ptz cable is the same for Avata.
Thank you.
Regards.
2023-9-13
Use props
SebOFPV
lvl.2

France

propartners1.gmail Posted at 2023-9-13 03:52
Hello.

I was wondering if the 03 camera ptz cable is the same for Avata.

Hi @propartners1.gmail,
Did you get an answer ?  I was looking for teh same: cna we use O3 camera in both FPV DIY and Avata,
or maybe refurbish Avata cam in a FPV Drone (and vice/versa)...
have a good day,
KR
Seb
1-23 01:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules