Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Pilot App vs DJI Go app
29062 30 2015-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
captdkp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4521345 ft
United States

Unfortunately, I did not set my tablet to reject automatic updates for apps.  DJI Go automatically update and took over the DJI Pilot app.  Complete flop.  Tried to use on my Samsung Galaxy 8.4 Pro(android 4.4) and it keeps crashing (you know, the table that worked perfectly with the DJI Pilot app).  Little better luck with my Samsung Galaxy s4 with Android 5.1 but still crashes 50% of the time.

Does anyone have the .apk file for the DJI Pilot App so I can get back to flying?  Everything was working great until this last update.  I need some help please.  I have a job tomorrow and I need a monitor.

Thanks in advance.

2015-8-14
Use props
exkites
New

Lithuania

Hello, after trying all possible configurations on my Nexus 7 - 2gen. and fighting with logging video I tried iPad mini 2 and all problems was solved! video is flawless.. and app never crashing.
send me your email, I will send you old version of DJI app.

2015-8-15
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

Try to use Go 2.0.1 on Nvidia Shield/ CRASHING!!! 70% fligth time/ Video Cash On/OFF/ Still Crashing.
Is drone stand on a table( not flying) App never Crash! What this? Anyboby (my be DJI team) can help US!!!
The App is still unuseable
2015-8-15
Use props
1anr0bbins
lvl.1

Canada

exkites Posted at 2015-8-16 03:44
Hello, after trying all possible configurations on my Nexus 7 - 2gen. and fighting with logging vide ...

Hi exkites..could you send me the pilot app too please as I tried upgrading to DJI GO and it won't run on my android 4.4 tablet but it did run on my samsung phone which is android 5.0. I can't use my phone to fly and I can't afford a new tablet..not impressed. robbins@mts.net
2015-8-15
Use props
hilton571
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10220 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nemmo Posted at 2015-8-16 04:16
Try to use Go 2.0.1 on Nvidia Shield/ CRASHING!!! 70% fligth time/ Video Cash On/OFF/ Still Crashing ...

I had the same problem with my Inspire. 1, Nvidia shield and GO app. The program  disconnected in-flight  which meant no video.  Luckily I was in eyesight of the drone and was able to guide to the ground for landI got.  I have since going back to my iPad mini monitor and so far no problems .
2015-8-15
Use props
donatopi10
New

United States

Let me share my experience...  I initially began using my new DJI P3 Advanced on my old Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and had numerous App crashes, lagging with the image transmission, could not switch between camera mode and video mode while flying without the screen getting horizontal lines through it, etc.  It was horrible, made flying more of a anxiety issue than enjoyable activity.  So after doing my research, I was able to purchase an Acer Iconia 8.0 (on sale at BB) for $119.00) and had absolutely NO problems at all!!  Completely different experience, everything worked flawlessly.  Then, like many others, I upgraded the firmware on the P3 and anxiously awaited the availability of the "GO" app from the Google Play store.  After if finally came available, I upgraded the app and could not even open the app without it "Stopping", I did however get it to work once, and it was HORRIBLE!!  All of the same issues I had with the Note 8 were back with the Iconia tablet.  I tried my old Note 8, and it worked better than the new Iconia, but not without its flaws.  So I then tried my new primary tablet, (Samsung Galaxy TabS 8.4, and that worked OK, better than my TabS, but also not without its flaws, (lagging, weak video transmission, etc.).  So, understanding that there are so many different Kernels, Android Versions, SE's for Android, Build #'s, etc., for Android I realized that it's probably difficult for DJI to make an app for every Android tablet out

2015-8-15
Use props
Brainwerks
New

Malaysia

I have no problem using GO app on my Note 3 Kit Kat. I think I still have a backup file of the Pilot app.
2015-8-16
Use props
ArisMad
New

Greece

Hello, after trying all possible configurations on my Nexus 7 - 2gen. and fighting with logging vide ...

is it possible to send me also the file for ipad ? Have connection trouble with the new DJI Go.arismad@gmail.com
2015-8-16
Use props
slk8754
New

United States

ArisMad Posted at 2015-8-16 17:31
is it possible to send me also the file for ipad ? Have connection trouble with the new DJI Go.aris ...

Could someone please send me the DJI Pilot app also.  One day of flying & now I am down!  slk8754@sbcglobal.net
2015-8-16
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

You need to remove the Pilot App folder from your tablet/smartphone then reinstall the Go App.
Download ES file explorer from the play store and use it to locate the DJI folder, delete it and then reinstall the DJI GO app.
I also turned off local caching inside the GO APP and I have no issue at all now with the GO App.

Hope this works for you as I use the Hudl2.
2015-8-16
Use props
hilton571
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It looks like the issue is with the Android version of the GO app. Luckily I have a iOS  iPad mini which works perfectly. my Android is a nvidia Shield which I love but is not dependable with "GO", I get a disconnect in mid-flight.
Find a IOS device.  
2015-8-16
Use props
hilton571
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It looks like the issue is with the Android version of the GO app. Luckily I have a iOS  iPad mini 3 which works perfectly. my Android is a Nvidia Shield tablet which I love but is not dependable with "GO", I get a disconnect message which cuts out the video in mid-flight.
Find a IOS device.
2015-8-16
Use props
DaveH
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Nemmo Posted at 2015-8-16 04:16
Try to use Go 2.0.1 on Nvidia Shield/ CRASHING!!! 70% fligth time/ Video Cash On/OFF/ Still Crashing ...

When i turned usb de-bugging off, the app is much more stable on my Android device
2015-8-16
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

Thanks for suggestions. I'll try all of this.
2015-8-16
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

DaveH Posted at 2015-8-17 01:36
When i turned usb de-bugging off, the app is much more stable on my Android device

To Dave. I'm affraid that if USB- debugging will be off the connection to RC will be impossible. It's not the truth?
2015-8-17
Use props
lb11778
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368842 ft
United States

I run mine with a S4 and  run into DC issues about 5-10% of the time  with the new app. From reading previous posts its usually your device over heating or  the CPU being over worked.   I've found that on days when its 80 F or hotter i get more disconnects.
You should close all apps before flying,  
Put the device in airplane mode after opening the DJI app.
Turn the video bit rate to its lowest setting. This will not affect the video quality being recorded but will reduce the strain on the entire system and increase your video range.
2015-8-17
Use props
DaveH
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Nemmo Posted at 2015-8-17 19:01
To Dave. I'm affraid that if USB- debugging will be off the connection to RC will be impossible. I ...

I'm reporting what actually happened. Every time the app connected to my P3P on android, it crashed. I turned usb de-bugging off and it appears to connect and work. I dont trust it though, so I now fly it on the Ipad.
2015-8-17
Use props
Veilleuxfilms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 578182 ft
United States

Amber Posted at 2015-8-16 21:14
You need to remove the Pilot App folder from your tablet/smartphone then reinstall the Go App.
Downl ...

I did this on both my tablet (samsung tab a) and phone (note4) and it worked. The only thing I noticed is that the flight logs don't show up on my tablet. When I synced with the cloud all my logs showed up on my phone but not my tablet. It shows the number of flights but no thumbnails or logs below.
2015-8-18
Use props
waxahachie tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47169 ft
United States

Downl ...

"You need to remove the Pilot App folder from your tablet/smartphone then reinstall the Go App.
Download ES file explorer from the play store and use it to locate the DJI folder, delete it and then reinstall the DJI GO app.
I also turned off local caching inside the GO APP and I have no issue at all now with the GO App."

This worked for me. Amber gets the prize! I tried simply deleting DJI Pilot, that does not work, You have to use ES Explorer.
2015-8-18
Use props
DaveH
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Downl ...

Thanks for the info. Everything seems to be working fine. This forum and it's members is invaluable to us newbies.
2015-8-19
Use props
gearievideo
New

United States

gearievideo@gmail.com  Could someone please send me a copy of the pilot  app.  Infinitely appreciated!
2015-8-19
Use props
DaveH
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Downl ...

Absolutely spot on advice. Not only does it work flawlessly, but the spp on Android has features the IOS version doesn't appear to have. I,m wonering iif the option to draw the route on the map actually works in reality, or have I not grasped the correct concept?
2015-8-19
Use props
gregorioalonsom
New

Spain

Hello! Could you please send me the dji app too?not the new...because it doesn't work on my KitKat android thank youuuu very much...
My email: rare state filmmakers agnail.com
2015-8-19
Use props
jab_07
lvl.1

Colombia

It would be great to know when they enter routes and waypoints to go DJI application.
Moreover there was something I did not like about the upgrade DJI go. It will remove the shooting time of 5 seconds. I would like this option to be present for future updates.

Thank you
2015-8-20
Use props
jab_07
lvl.1

Colombia

hello, I could send the application of DJI pilot, would be very useful for the utility that we in our area.

Thank you
2015-8-20
Use props
jab_07
lvl.1

Colombia

hello, I would also like you to send me the pilot DJI app if you have problems.

jab_07@live.com

Thank you
2015-8-20
Use props
jab_07
lvl.1

Colombia

Brainwerks Posted at 2015-8-16 16:32
I have no problem using GO app on my Note 3 Kit Kat. I think I still have a backup file of the Pilot ...

podrias compartirla, te lo agradeceria mucho.

jab_07@live.com

gracias
2015-8-20
Use props
AirHead
New

Australia

Downl ...

Thank Amber. That worked for me. Once I uninstalled the app, I used the File Manager inside of my ASUS Tablet to delete the entire file folder structure.  Then reinstalled from scratch and just like magic, the app installed and ran.

Great as I can not load it and have a look.

Thanks for your assistance.
2015-8-22
Use props
Gsevans$
New
United States

Learning slowley
2017-4-8
Use props
MDuLQQk1
New
United States