UK Commercial Flying
938 2 2022-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UFLYERK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So in the future I would be open to the idea of purchasing a M30T for a range of services to provide as a business, which is what the M30 series are available for.

Given the changing world of CAA regs and laws surrounding drones in every catagory, I'm a bit lost in terms of if its possible and how to do it, given its weight and falling into the A3 catagory.

So how would I be able to own and fly a M30T in the UK for commercial purposes? Given that bt the A3 rules state no flying near commercial, industrial or residential areas, and a minimum distance of 150 meters from people.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.
2022-11-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Until the CAA sets their own rules no one can answer this.    But remember that it's comercial and people not under your control.  
2022-12-1
Use props
FT Site Eng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1765587 ft
United Kingdom

I have just managed to get my head around this.

I have just purchased a Mavic 3 Enterprise RTK for construction site surveying.

Within the open category, this falls into the A3 class (1050g Max Take off Mass).  Which, as you said means you need to be more than 150m from uninvolved people.

I'm in the process of completing my GVC with Coptrz.  This then allows you to fly in the secific category, under PDRA-01, which is a pre-defined risk assement from the CAA, this means you can go up to 50m of uninvolved people (i think, still not 100% on the ins and outs, but google PDRA-01).

The course is a good bit of learning, and involves completing an operations manual, taking an exam and a practical assesment.  You then apply for operational authorisation from the CAA
2022-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules