Mavic 2 Zoom - Latest firmware Upgrade impossible
2313 7 2022-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

I'm desperately trying to upgrade my DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with the latest firmware and it just does not work.

The remote control can be upgraded using the DJI Go 4 and all versions of DJI Assistant. But the aircraft won't upgrade. On the DJI Assistant, the download process is stuck and then displays a red exclamation point. While the DJI GO 4 will start the download process then freeze around 99% before prompting a warning with "Download Failed. Try later." I have been trying since more than 24 hours without any success.

2022-12-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why update?
If you can not update the drone can you roll the controller back to the old firmware?
2022-12-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-1 10:12
Why update?
If you can not update the drone can you roll the controller back to the old firmware?

Why update?
It is important to update the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom to firmware 01.00.0770 because it fixes a serious bug that prevented the battery to be charged when the battery level was low. In other words turning the battery into an expensive brick.
2022-12-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

I think it was a temporary server problem. I updated three Mavic 2's recently, it was a smooth process without a glitch. I used the Go4 app, connected to the internet with WiFi. By mistake I shut down one drone while updating, but I simply started over again.
Wait a day or two and try again. If still no success you might contact support.
2022-12-1
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

ArcticPhoto Posted at 12-1 13:26
Why update?
It is important to update the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom to firmware 01.00.0770 because it fixes a serious bug that prevented the battery to be charged when the battery level was low. In other words turning the battery into an expensive brick.

Yes, i lost one of my batteries because of that "bug", it was charged over 50% and i stop flying for 2~3 months. Now i can't charge it back, it's "dead".

I will wait some few days more and try again.
2022-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. Please try uninstalling the software from your computer and then reinstalling it again through this link. Additionally, before starting the update, ensure that the battery level for the aircraft is more than 50% and the internet connection is stable. You may temporarily disable the antivirus on the computer, exit DJI Assistant 2, restart the aircraft, and then try the update again. If possible and available, kindly use another computer if it still fails. If the issue remains after performing the abovementioned troubleshooting steps, kindly provide a screenshot/picture of the error message so we may further isolate the issue. Also, please confirm the current firmware version of the aircraft. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-12-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ArcticPhoto Posted at 12-1 13:26
Why update?

Thanks, I will look into that
2022-12-2
Use props
donwiley
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23091729 ft
  • >>>
United States

Firmware 01.00.0790 was released in September, just updated my M2Z, no idea what it "fixes".  Anyone have any idea?
2022-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules