Centralised monitoring soultion
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david.lordan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 297566 ft
Ireland

Hi all!

First time poster so if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

Back story: I work for an environmental organisation, and we have a fleet of DJI Drones that we use for protection and monitoring;

·        2 x M300 RTK with smart controllers

·        1 x Mavic 2 Enterprise with smart controller

·        14 x Mavic 3 (first release, not Enterprise or Classic) with basic controllers that require tablet/phone

·        9 x Mini 2 with basic controllers that require tablet/phone

These craft are used all over the country (Ireland) by different pilots within the team. Currently we have one pilot per craft, using their own individual DJI accounts set up with their organisational email. We have a third-party platform (ArcGIS/Survey123) which the pilots use for preforming pre-flight, onsite and post flight checks which are uploaded to a Dashboard for collection and review of operations. This solution has worked so far to meet our needs, but now there is a push for more detailed information such as accurate flight paths and telemetry to be shown post flight on some sort of centralised system.

I have looked at the various solutions and cannot decide which would be best for us so I am reaching out to the community for opinions and advice.

The requirements are;

Essential

·        Online location where flight log details from each craft are automatically uploaded and stored

·        Ability to limit access to the platform

·        Ability to store craft details and view fleet such as flight time for each craft and number of flights

Preferred

·        Ideally, work with the craft we already have if that’s possible. We are not opposed to changing the fleet over time if an ideal solution is found

·        Ability to sync data captured to a storage bank for future use

·        Ability to view real time operations live

I have looked at Flight Hub 2 but apart from the fact it only works with the two M300’s we have, I’m not sure it would suit our needs going forward as the operational tasks that it can preform would not be utilised as much in our remit. Could it be as simple as getting all pilots to use the one login email address when flying and have that sync all flight logs to one central place?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Regards

Dave
2022-12-1
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,
For the moment, december 1st 2022, Mavic 3 has no SDK, so you can forgot about it.
For M300 and M2 enterprise, i recommand you to ask a consultation with UGCS Ground Station Software | UgCS PC Mission Planning
2022-12-1
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're already using Esri apps and AGOL, you might have a look at SiteScan. It's iOS only and won't support all of your drones for flight management, but will process data from all of them and has some of the functionality you seek on a platform with which you are already familiar.
2022-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules