Shorter Power Cable For Goggles 2?
1050 22 2022-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deeve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72864 ft
United States

Hello, does anyone have a source for a shorter power cable on the Goggles 2? I have the battery mounted to the goggle strap and all the extra cable is a bit of an annoyance.

Thank you!
DAVE
2022-12-1
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Goggles 2 Power Cable and Battery Bracket for DJI Avata Goggles 2, Battery Clip Holder and Power Charging Cable for DJI Avata Pro-View Combo Goggles 2 Accessories(Not for FPV Goggles V2) https://a.co/d/7JA3pmw
2022-12-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

just folder it up over and over and then tie it.
2022-12-1
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-1 18:17
just folder it up over and over and then tie it.

That's what I do now. While that works, I'd rather have a shorter one.
2022-12-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

deeve Posted at 12-1 19:33
That's what I do now. While that works, I'd rather have a shorter one.

dobo ftw
https://www.etsy.com/listing/129 ... battery-strap-it-v2
apparently a disconnect is bad news; can you trust the new cable?
2022-12-1
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-1 20:35
dobo ftw

I've seen that and actually have something very similar that I 3D printed. Not sure if I trust the new cable as I don't have one yet. I understand what you are saying but I would like a neater solution.
2022-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Dave. Thanks for reaching out. At the moment, DJI has not released a shorter power cable for the DJI Goggles 2 yet. We hope that you can get the best recommendations from your Co-Pilots here. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-1
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-1 20:35
dobo ftw

The cable unplug comment got me thinking and I noticed the replacement one does not have a lock on the battery end to keep it connected. Given that, I will be sticking with the oem one until either DJI or someone else comes out with a locking plug. A disconnect certainly is a bad thing,.

Thanks!
Daver
2022-12-3
Use props
ps3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344098 ft
United States

I purchased this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BFBPFDS6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

don't purchase it. It is not exactly the same size and it's much more susceptible to disconnects from the goggles on the Goggles side. There is also the point there is no lock on the battery like the stock cable as well.
If anyone tries out any of the other ones for sale, please let us know.
goggles2_battery_cable_comparison 12-20-2022.png
2022-12-20
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
United States

Thats the same one I picked up. It seemed to connect well. True there is no lock on the battery side, but it fits very tightly and would be the same as the FPV cable, I believe. While the cable doesn't lock, it does fit very tightly and I would not be worried about it coming loose.
2022-12-20
Use props
ps3
lvl.1
United States

deeve Posted at 12-20 16:42
Thats the same one I picked up. It seemed to connect well. True there is no lock on the battery side, but it fits very tightly and would be the same as the FPV cable, I believe. While the cable doesn't lock, it does fit very tightly and I would not be worried about it coming loose.

for me, it was easy for the cable to lose connectivity. setting it on the desk doing some work on a drone it took a light pull on the cable and it disconnects. doesn't go all the way in like the original for me. curious if you have the same situation as the picture or if yours are identical?
2022-12-20
Use props
baymax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133353 ft
Taiwan

I purchased this one (no brand) recently from China but haven't received it yet. Will report back if this works well.

FYI, I am from Taiwan so not sure how else you'll purchase this. Most likely all made and come from China...
2022-12-20
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
United States

ps3 Posted at 12-20 21:24
for me, it was easy for the cable to lose connectivity. setting it on the desk doing some work on a drone it took a light pull on the cable and it disconnects. doesn't go all the way in like the original for me. curious if you have the same situation as the picture or if yours are identical?

I will take a look when I get home from work. I was focused on the USB C end and not the barrel connector.  I can say that it is longer like your and sticks out a little. I felt that the longer length did not inhibit the connection though. Let me do some more checking and let you know...your experience has me second guessing.
2022-12-21
Use props
ps3
lvl.1
United States

deeve Posted at 12-21 05:34
I will take a look when I get home from work. I was focused on the USB C end and not the barrel connector.  I can say that it is longer like your and sticks out a little. I felt that the longer length did not inhibit the connection though. Let me do some more checking and let you know...your experience has me second guessing.

take both cables and something small like a pin - i used the end of a mechanical pencil that has a protruding tip.

On the original the mechanical pencil hits the tip (the + terminal in the center) and can't go all the way in when hit centered.

On the new cable the mechanical pencil can not reach the tip. Yes, its not very scientific but it's at least empirical

this makes sense for what I saw. it does power the goggles, but it's sensitive b/c there is less direct contact on the + due to a further recessed male tip. hopefully that makes sense
2022-12-21
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

ps3 Posted at 12-20 16:29
I purchased this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BFBPFDS6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

don't purchase it. It is not exactly the same size and it's much more susceptible to disconnects from the goggles on the Goggles side. There is also the point there is no lock on the battery like the stock cable as well.
[Image]

Mine from Aliexpress is identical to the original.  
Right is original, left is the shorter cable.
8D6D7DDB-2D98-49DB-ABB6-EDFBAC13D0A0.jpeg
2022-12-21
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
United States

ps3 Posted at 12-21 20:28
take both cables and something small like a pin - i used the end of a mechanical pencil that has a protruding tip.

On the original the mechanical pencil hits the tip (the + terminal in the center) and can't go all the way in when hit centered.

That does make sense or at least fits the common sense test. Thank you
2022-12-22
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
United States

nosnoop Posted at 12-21 23:46
Mine from Aliexpress is identical to the original.  
Right is original, left is the shorter cable.

Do you have a link?
2022-12-22
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

deeve Posted at 12-22 05:10
Do you have a link?

This is the one I got:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... em.9.1c70f19cIXdayS
2022-12-22
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
United States

I did some "experimenting" and it feels like both the original and Amazon chord take the same amount of force to remove. Also both, barrel plugs look to have to pull out the same amount before becoming disconnected. I tried taking some photos showing that, but I am afraid they are not the best...hopefully you can get the idea. I think the Amazon one will be fine. The USB C end fits pretty tight and for me, with the battery in a holder in the headband it would take considerable effort to unplug. It could happen but it wouldn't be easy.

I took some photos but cant seem to get them to upload.  They are not great showing things.
2022-12-22
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

I purchased a headband with a shorter cable from Aliexpress. It works perfectly and has never disconnected.
2022-12-22
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
United States

I got a fat strap with their smaller battery holder. It is very comfortable and is surprising what a difference it makes compared to the original. I really didnt expect that.
2022-12-22
Use props
ps3
lvl.1
United States

all good for folks that got a working cable. it's good for us to share our experiences. I will not use the cable I showed due to fear of disconnect and if anyone is using DJI O3 and the DJI FPV Controller 2 - that can be catastrophic for your fpv drone. However, mileage always varies depending on how you fly, luck of the draw, etc. I ordered 2 of the cables from Ali above. always good to have a spare esp knowing they are identical to the original size. Thx again all!
2022-12-23
Use props
Peter Cantropus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82530 ft
United States

Compré esto en Amazon:

Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 10.45.30 PM.png
cable.png
2022-12-23
Use props
Advanced