12Next >
3590 44 2022-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

This is, without a doubt the best drone for no hassle photography. Fly anywhere (almost), with the least restrictions in most countries and it has surprizingly good IQ for a small sensor camera. I come from using pro level 35mm nikon DSLRs such as the D810 and D850 and if shot in raw, bracketed and processed delicately, these files are really nice. ETTR must be used, if you wish to have good noise performance, and bracketing are a must with a small sensor camera. With those caveats, I have trialed the 12MP and 48MP modes but honestly, due to the need to bracket to get proper images most of the time, 12MP is where it is at. The files can be easily exposure blended due to there being no motion between the frames. If you want to shoot 48MP and bracket, you can but it will be manual and you will likely have drone motion between shots, making exposure blending more complex. 48MP is a bit more detailed, but..suffers from some colour artefacts. For this reason, I now shoot 12MP, and just make panos if I need more resolution. Simple really.

NB some of these are panos, some singular shots, one is 48MP. One is shot in jpg, by accident because everytime you do a firmware update it resets to JPG shooting (DJI you need to fix this, and my other suggestions in my other thread). It is important to note, that in the 12MP mode, I put NR to -2. Then in LR I can adjust to taste easier. It is a lot sharper. Better to have some sharp noise than blurry smudgy details.

Loch Tummel, Scottish Highlands

Loch Tummel, Scottish Highlands

Loch of Lintrathan

Loch of Lintrathan

Glencoe, Scottish Highlands

Glencoe, Scottish Highlands

Tioram Castle, Ardnamurchan

Tioram Castle, Ardnamurchan

Loch Earn in the Mist

Loch Earn in the Mist

Loch Tulla, Scottish Highlands

Loch Tulla, Scottish Highlands
2022-12-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12516775 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Really beautifull scenery, great pictures!

cheers
JJB
2022-12-2
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

The short comings of the camera aren't as noticeable when shooting in rural settings. But when shooting in urban locations, the moire, chromatic aberrations etc all come out to play.
2022-12-2
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 12-2 05:29
The short comings of the camera aren't as noticeable when shooting in rural settings. But when shooting in urban locations, the moire, chromatic aberrations etc all come out to play.

I am not a big fan of urban shooting; but not for the reasons you are saying. I just don't find it floats my boat much. CA can easily be fixed by a good RAW convertor like ACR in PS or LR. Very easily. A non issue. Moire, never noticed it even test shooting in my suburban neighbourhood when I first got the drone. We have to temper expectations. This is a 249g drone - a marvel of engineering. With careful hands and knowledge it works excellently IMO.
2022-12-2
Use props
DaniDenz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577805 ft
Germany

primeshooter Posted at 12-2 05:44
I am not a big fan of urban shooting; but not for the reasons you are saying. I just don't find it floats my boat much. CA can easily be fixed by a good RAW convertor like ACR in PS or LR. Very easily. A non issue. Moire, never noticed it even test shooting in my suburban neighbourhood when I first got the drone. We have to temper expectations. This is a 249g drone - a marvel of engineering. With careful hands and knowledge it works excellently IMO.

so true, pictures are wonderful - its an advertising to visit Scotland, thank your for sharing this wonderful impressions.
2022-12-2
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!!
2022-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Absolutely agree and WOW!
2022-12-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I love Glencoe, climbed there a few times, prefer the snow mind, lovely shots, wish i lived closer
2022-12-2
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

Great photos!
2022-12-2
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Stunning! Thanks for sharing.
2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, primeshooter. Thanks for reaching out and sharing these breathtaking sceneries. Compliments on your stunning work! As for your suggestions, we will have them forwarded to our designated department for evaluation. We appreciate your valuable feedback and continued support. Happy flying!
2022-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning shots.
2022-12-3
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks all. My drone is coming back next week. Looking forward to more flying!
2022-12-3
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DaniDenz Posted at 12-2 07:17
so true, pictures are wonderful - its an advertising to visit Scotland, thank your for sharing this wonderful impressions.

Thank you. I recommend to anyone that has never been. This place is totally unique.
2022-12-3
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-2 20:34
Hi, primeshooter. Thanks for reaching out and sharing these breathtaking sceneries. Compliments on your stunning work! As for your suggestions, we will have them forwarded to our designated department for evaluation. We appreciate your valuable feedback and continued support. Happy flying!

Thank you. I hope you do take it on board seriously. It will benefit your product. Raw only option. Ability to name the files. No resetting to jpg after firmware changes. These are big ones but easy to implement.

And bring the big battery to europe!
2022-12-3
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow, they look great. Looking forward to comparing mine to my Mav Pro 2. Fabulous shots. What post production software are you using?
2022-12-3
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ShadyDealer Posted at 12-3 09:39
Wow, they look great. Looking forward to comparing mine to my Mav Pro 2. Fabulous shots. What post production software are you using?

Thanks. I use LR and PS. I do panos and exposure blend a lot with luminosity masking.
2022-12-3
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

Awesome frames. Are you using Lr? and if so - what lens correction profile do you use (DJI never published a lens correction profile for the Mini 3 Pro lens)?
2022-12-3
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

primeshooter Posted at 12-3 12:57
Thanks. I use LR and PS. I do panos and exposure blend a lot with luminosity masking.

For fun, have you ever tried to generate true colors to get a realistic representation of a scenery? It's a real challenge, believe me!
2022-12-3
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

SPLflyer Posted at 12-3 14:01
For fun, have you ever tried to generate true colors to get a realistic representation of a scenery? It's a real challenge, believe me!

Sure...but most are colour graded. The loch Tummel is pretty accurate. Accurate enough. It has almost no grade. Tioram also. I just do whatever feels right, my mood and thoughts on this are always changing. I mean...no film you watch is realistic colour. They use colour to involk emotion. I recommend checking out Joker. A very good, recent example of this.

I draw the line at any sort of sky replacement or fakery. It has to still be real for me.
2022-12-3
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ShadyDealer Posted at 12-3 09:39

Meant to say...I owned a mavic pro 2 for a short time. It sadly had a hugely decentered lens. The left side was so blurry it was bad. Shame on hasselblad. I returned it of course...but then it went out of stock. I got back on board with this mini 3 Pro.

The mavic pro 2's 20mp sensor is much larger and it shows but...it could not even shoot vertically etc. A big downside for me when I am into panos. It wasn't much sharper...just had more DR...which I can easily counteract with bracketing.
2022-12-3
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Amit Dunsky Posted at 12-3 13:53
Awesome frames. Are you using Lr? and if so - what lens correction profile do you use (DJI never published a lens correction profile for the Mini 3 Pro lens)?

LRc and PS is my thing. I always shoot RAW. (They need to give RAW only as an option. I never want or need jpgs). I have read that the profile correction is in the dng. Still bums me out when LRc says 'profile missing' though...maybe they'll fix it. Who knows.
2022-12-3
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

SPLflyer Posted at 12-3 14:01

There is no such thing as "true colours". People perceive colours differently, and our eyes can see only a small part of the spectrum. Insects for example can see far up in ultraviolet, and that is just as true colours as they we can see.
And people who are colour blind sees colours different than those with good colour sight.

I can take photos at night when it is too dark to see anything with my eyes, but the images reveal details and colour invisible to me. Is the camera or me seeing the "truth"?

Unless you are a journalist or take photos that is meant to be documantary, it is my belief that photos should express what the photographer did feel, or saw, or thought he/she saw, and can adjust the photo as much as he/she wants until the photo expresses his/her "vision".
Cameras are more limited than the eye and brain, and has for example a far narrower dynamic range which can never capture a scene like a person looking at it. Or scanning it is a more correct term, that's what we do when we look at a scenery f.ex.
2022-12-3
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

primeshooter Posted at 12-3 14:23
LRc and PS is my thing. I always shoot RAW. (They need to give RAW only as an option. I never want or need jpgs). I have read that the profile correction is in the dng. Still bums me out when LRc says 'profile missing' though...maybe they'll fix it. Who knows.

Your photos are just fantastic looking.
2022-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

primeshooter Posted at 12-3 09:34
Thank you. I hope you do take it on board seriously. It will benefit your product. Raw only option. Ability to name the files. No resetting to jpg after firmware changes. These are big ones but easy to implement.

And bring the big battery to europe!

You're welcome and thank you for the added suggestions. We can see how this would be beneficial to our DJI drone users, and we appreciate your efforts in communicating these requests. Rest assured, your voice will be relayed to our developers. Significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Thank you, and have a nice day!
2022-12-3
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-3 22:40
You're welcome and thank you for the added suggestions. We can see how this would be beneficial to our  DJI drone users, and we appreciate your efforts in communicating these requests. Rest assured, your voice will be relayed to our developers.  Significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Thank you, and have a nice day!

Thanks. This is good. So many companies pretend to listen to their customers and placate them by saying they are listening to their suggestions but somehow none ever show up un any update strangely! But if you guys truly do this...power to you. It is the best way that everyone stays happy long term. Huge mini 3 pro fan here. Great to think might get some or all of my requests in an update. It will generate added value and buzz. Everyone wins.
2022-12-4
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Pastime Posted at 12-3 18:11
Your photos are just fantastic looking.

Thank you!
2022-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

primeshooter Posted at 12-4 03:22
Thanks. This is good. So many companies pretend to listen to their customers and placate them by saying they are listening to their suggestions but somehow none ever show up un any update strangely! But if you guys truly do this...power to you. It is the best way that everyone stays happy long term. Huge mini 3 pro fan here. Great to think might get some or all of my requests in an update. It will generate added value and buzz. Everyone wins.

We're glad to help! And we understand where you're coming from. Please note that our developers consider all suggestions and that certain deliberations are being done before features are added. We hope that it will be rolled out through a firmware version soon. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-4
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-4 22:57
We're glad to help! And we understand where you're coming from. Please note that our developers consider all suggestions and that certain deliberations are being done before features are added. We hope that it will be rolled out through a firmware version soon. Thank you for your continued support.

Really? That is excellent news!
2022-12-5
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-4 22:57

Got an extra one. See the RTH beep. For the love of all that is holy, please let us disable that as with all other sounds. We can see on the screen that the drone is returning to home. It is extremely annoying to hear the beep over and over. Thanks
2022-12-5
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful shots. I live not too far away from Glencoe.
2022-12-5
Use props
fans727b5dc3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1173596 ft
Israel

Amazing pictures. WOW!
We have visited Scotland 6 years ago, and it is one of the most beautiful places we ever visited. My wife saw these pictures and already wants to plan another visit...
2022-12-5
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans727b5dc3 Posted at 12-5 06:38
Amazing pictures. WOW!
We have visited Scotland 6 years ago, and it is one of the most beautiful places we ever visited. My wife saw these pictures and already wants to plan another visit...

Thank you very much, we love tourists - sounds like you need to plan a trip!
2022-12-5
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

primeshooter Posted at 12-5 04:42
Got an extra one. See the RTH beep. For the love of all that is holy, please let us disable that as with all other sounds. We can see on the screen that the drone is returning to home. It is extremely annoying to hear the beep over and over. Thanks

How about no. Just because you can see your screen doesn't mean that someone else doesn't lose theirs. The beeping is an audible guide as to whether or not the RTH command has been received by the drone.

My advice would be to learn to fly the drone home each time and don't rely on RTH when it's not an emergency. It's faster and much safer to fly the drone home each time, as well as being more efficient on the battery and unusable in moderately strong winds.
2022-12-5
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 12-5 08:15
How about no. Just because you can see your screen doesn't mean that someone else doesn't lose theirs. The beeping is an audible guide as to whether or not the RTH command has been received by the drone.

My advice would be to learn to fly the drone home each time and don't rely on RTH when it's not an emergency. It's faster and much safer to fly the drone home each time, as well as being more efficient on the battery and unusable in moderately strong winds.
I know how to fly the drone, and how to fly it home. And whilst it might be quicker...it will be less efficient on the battery. So my advice to you would be to allow others options and to perhaps better position yourself so you can see your screen when flying or RTH...even if it disconnects a sound is not really required because you have a screen which can alert you to the drones status even if video feed has dropped. Having a simple option to turn off the audible noise on/off if a user so wishes is not a problem...if it were implemented no one is forcing you to use it.
2022-12-5
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

primeshooter Posted at 12-5 08:33
I know how to fly the drone. So my advice to you would be to allow others options and to perhaps better position yourself so you can see your screen when flying or RTH...even if it diaconnects a sound dmisnt required because you have a screen. Sounds more dangerous than being able to turn off the audible noise on/off if a user so wishes.

A bit like how you don't get to disable a seatbelt chime in a car, it's a permanent safety feature.

There will eventually come a day that the beeping actually comes in handy for you and you might be thankful it's still there.
2022-12-5
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 12-5 08:38
A bit like how you don't get to disable a seatbelt chime in a car, it's a permanent safety feature.

There will eventually come a day that the beeping actually comes in handy for you and you might be thankful it's still there.
Totally different to a seatbelt alarm. A seatbelt alarm is there to bug the life out of you til you fasten it. I easily fixed that in my car, as i like to put bags on some seats sometimes and do not need to be nannied. The points i raised above ruin your argument entirely. I suggest you read them. Especially where i said you have a controller screen that can flash up RTH in progress even if disconnection occurs. No sound needed. If you cannot see your screen...move or shield it or just keep the noise on if if is such a necessity for you personally...but the fact remains the option is good. Also that annoying startup sound should be able to be disabled.
2022-12-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

primeshooter Posted at 12-5 01:33
Really? That is excellent news!

Hi there. When we forward the requests to the engineers, they will have to review them and consider many aspects to confirm if the feature/s will be added. All feedback is important and what we do is collect and forward it so our engineers may know customer's preferences. Regarding the beeping sound during RTH, it currently cannot be canceled so we will have that suggestion added and relayed to the related team. Thank you for your attention to DJI Products. Keep safe.
2022-12-5
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-5 23:46
Hi there. When we forward the requests to the engineers, they will have to review them and consider many aspects to confirm if the feature/s will be added. All feedback is important and what we do is collect and forward it so our engineers may know customer's preferences. Regarding the beeping sound during RTH, it currently cannot be canceled so we will have that suggestion added and relayed to the related team. Thank you for your attention to DJI Products. Keep safe.

Thank you for considering this.
2022-12-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

primeshooter Posted at 12-6 01:59
Thank you for considering this.

You're very welcome. Thank you for your valuable suggestions. Take care.
2022-12-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules