Mini 3 Pro for Photography
3451 44 2022-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

The audio bleep is misleading as well which is worse than not having it - it beeps of the controller initiates an RTH.  This doesnt mean the drone has actually received the comment or is returning home.  It merely says the RC attempted to tell it to.
Ive seen this a few times with the random cutouts on my Mini where the beeping indicated it was RTH but the drone itself was hovering in place where it was before with no intention of coming home.

If you lose the screen as well (which i have) you'd think it was coming home.

Another advert for good VLOS flight.
2022-12-8
Use props
ShadowyMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48392 ft
Canada

Great shots and some great examples of what careful photography combined with intelligent processing can achieve.

How you managed to capture Scotland on a day that it's not raining must be just down to luck!
2022-12-8
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

ShadowyMan Posted at 12-8 21:34
Great shots and some great examples of what careful photography combined with intelligent processing can achieve.

How you managed to capture Scotland on a day that it's not raining must be just down to luck!

Yeah, I think I was lucky between showers ha ha. Especially with Glencoe.

With regards to the mini 3 pro, you are right with processing etc. It is a small sensor camera, we can't just boost exposures 5 stops and expect it to look good. We need to think about light, ISO / shutter speed and exposure overall and how we want the end result. I nearly always bracket, and I push the histogram as far to the right as possible so that after processing, I am not left with blotchy sky noise etc. Processing always introduces the noise so this is important. I hope they come out with a RAW only option rather than RAW and JPG. I never see the reason to shoot this in JPG personally, and it will save me time and clutter deleting the JPGS.
2022-12-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Great shots.  Scotland is fantastic for all types of photography - i go a few times a year.

Walked the WHW this year with my Mini 3 but 6 months on haven't found time to edit the images yet.

Also somewhat surprisingly, ive never actually seen it rain in Scotland on any of my visits to date.  I have however managed to get horribly sunburnt a few times (!)
2022-12-9
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 12-9 03:04
Great shots.  Scotland is fantastic for all types of photography - i go a few times a year.

Walked the WHW this year with my Mini 3 but 6 months on haven't found time to edit the images yet.

West Highland Way is a beautiful Walk. I have climbed about 15 of Scotland's many mountains, hope to take the M3P up some eventually also. You have been very lucky with the rain! I am amazed my M3P hasn't been attacked by heavy rain yet. It caught a few drips as a shower started awhile ago but I got it down and in the bag fast enough.
2022-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules