INAV OSD Support for O3
4046 19 2022-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jan_S
lvl.2

Germany

Hello

I was really stoked to see OSD support in O3. But sadly I had to find out DJI again only went a little step and left out all INAV users. Even claims I heard about community interaction are shredded by this revelation. A fix would have been easy. Interaction would have been easy and competitors live that and prove this. Yes, they dont have some of your features, but how should I enjoy your product without an OSD to know where I am going ???

You left the FPV community high and dry without an OSD for years, just to be proven how easy it is by some random hackers that reengineered it to the V2 goggles.

I preordered a goggle 2 and 2 O3 air units. But If there is no INAV OSD support its just useless to use your products and I would have to go to the competition (Caddx) that have been proving over and over that they listen to the users and adapt and expand.
For FPV products Betaflight, INAV, Arduplane, these are your customers and you should start listening. This group might be small in regards to all your consumer drone base or commercial. But you did a product for FPV, so listen to FPV

please

Regards
Jan

2022-12-2
Use props
djiuser_70iiUuV0Uk3k
New

Indonesia

Congratulations DJI!
You've done it again. As an INAV flyer on both quadcopter and fixed-wing, I'm pretty much disappointed.
But back then DJI didn't have competitors, now we have WS and HDzero as promising alternatives.
2022-12-3
Use props
MojoRisin
lvl.1

United States

I'll just leave a comment here that I too would like to have support for INAV with the O3 FPV system.

There are plenty of examples out there between Caddx Avatar and WTFOS to prove that it's possible to support an OSD using MSP DisplayPort API across different flight controller firmwares if you make it possible for users to add the font packages to the SD card in the goggles rather than trying to embed them in the goggle firmware itself.

In fact, Betaflight is planning to add a whole slew of new characters in the next version, so  it would benefit DJI to do this implementation for future compatibility with Betaflight as well.

Please make this happen. I've been a long time DJI FPV user and have faith in the hardware. But if DJI cannot deliver this then a lot of people are going to be jumping ship to other brands that do understand how important a flexible OSD with firmware other than Betaflight is for us.
2022-12-3
Use props
djiuser_3ch1tNUDXFwl
New

Germany

Hello,

Im also waiting for osd in inav with the new DJI o3 Air unit!

Please Support DJI!

Michael
2022-12-3
Use props
jan_S
lvl.2

Germany

INAV OSD pleaaaaase
2022-12-5
Use props
jan_S
lvl.2

Germany

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OQDlcAeOV4
2022-12-6
Use props
djiuser_xKTFOlpz5c0S
lvl.1
France

O3 unit is really a game changer in terms of penetration HD transmission, and 4k cinematic filming.
As a heavy user of inav, but also betaflight and the new avata, i truly regret we cannot have the OSD in inav.
Can we get some devs from DJI talking to inav community and fix this issue that only rely on misunderstanding ?
I am sure this is just a matter of communication and few hours of dev to fix this.
Please Help.
2022-12-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 655&pid=2921683
2022-12-7
Use props
jan_S
lvl.2

Germany

This is how openspurce delivers an OSD

Not the crippled stuff DJI delivers !!!!!!
CE9B4E1F-2C0B-4A16-9A4C-E36716850848.jpeg
2022-12-14
Use props
rotormasher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162021 ft
United Kingdom

Inav osd please DJI!!
2022-12-26
Use props
fans98f5b575
lvl.1

Canada

I fly inav me too, i would be really nice to have full canvas support. It is even more useful with plane that fpv drone.
2023-3-25
Use props
jan_S
lvl.2

Germany

DJI is just pathetic…
They don’t care…

Give all your money to Caddx Walksnail. Almost same quality but they listen and evolve !
2023-3-25
Use props
LOTW.PY
New

Switzerland

If nothing happens here, we only have the choice between W*lksn*il, or waiting for WTF.OS to do their magic.
Come on, DJI.... Pls make it possible to use own Fonts (for BF, iNav and Ardupilot), or give us a nice Fixedwing-Font.
I don't like to change system, I was happy with my V1, and very VERY happy with V1 + WTF.OS.  
Don't make it so difficult to fall in love with G2 / O3.  
2023-4-4
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Im also waiting for this
2023-4-5
Use props
jan_S
lvl.2

Germany

jan_S Posted at 2022-12-14 03:57
This is how openspurce delivers an OSD

Not the crippled stuff DJI delivers !!!!!![Image]

100%
What is so bad: as if DJI has no capable developers … they have so much resources and still some hackers show how its done
2023-4-5
Use props
Danni Skov Høglund
lvl.1

Denmark

+1

Would definitely like to see this capability as well!
2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Danni Skov Høglund Posted at 8-17 13:18
+1

Would definitely like to see this capability as well!

Hi, Danni. Thank you for your insight. I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2023-8-19
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-19 07:38
Hi, Danni. Thank you for your insight. I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.

More of nothing from DJI on this. I sold off my 5 O3 air units and went to Walksnail because I want the proper OSD support for fixed wing. They just don't care about FPV users.
2023-11-1
Use props
NCL
lvl.1

Switzerland

Dear DJI developers,

Many of us need compatibility with the INAV OSD. This navigation system is gaining popularity and attracting beginners who must choose between DJI and the competitor. The ball is in your court!
2023-11-30
Use props
djiuser_KGfaSRhBjooW
New

Germany

INAV OSD PLEASE
2-5 10:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules