8085 51 2022-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PTRbxzbetawA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 147064 ft
Germany

Hello,

i am trying to install DJI Fly on my DJI RC Pro Enterprise controller.

However every time i try to install DJI Fly, the installation crashes.

Can you please help me with this issue?

I want to use the DJI RC Pro Enterprise controller with my regular Mavic 3.

Thank you

Jan

2022-12-2
Use props
swigmofa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3258543 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been told that the DJI RC Pro Enterprise is not the same controller as the DJI RC Pro and will not work with the aircraft the DJI RC Pro does.
2022-12-3
Use props
djiuser_PTRbxzbetawA
lvl.4
Germany

Hi there,

thank you so much for your reply.

It's a pity the devices are not compatible with each other.

I think technically they are compatibel, but DJI doesn't want us to.

It's also a pity the DJI RC Plus is not compatible with the Mavic 3 Enterprise Series.

2022-12-3
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157133 ft
  • >>>
United States

I personally would purchase a Mavic 3 Classic body only if I could fly both drones with my enterprise RC. My main goal is to keep things streamlined these days and having two RCs that are essentially identical isn’t doing it for me. I would find it very hard to believe the enterprise RC couldn’t run the fly app.
2022-12-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13335725 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Enterprise RC can be flashed with normal RC firmware and it becomes exactly that. It won't work with the Enterprise Mavic 3 in that state but it can just as easily be flashed back to an Enterprise RC. I know this isn't ideal and would be a hassle while in the field. The good thing though is that you keep the previously installed apps and user data when going back and forth. For example I have DroneLink Beta installed for the M3E. When I flash it with consumer firmware DJI Fly magically appears and works fine. When I go back DroneLink Beta is there again and doesn't get deleted.
2022-12-27
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-27 19:27
The Enterprise RC can be flashed with normal RC firmware and it becomes exactly that. It won't work with the Enterprise Mavic 3 in that state but it can just as easily be flashed back to an Enterprise RC. I know this isn't ideal and would be a hassle while in the field. The good thing though is that you keep the previously installed apps and user data when going back and forth. For example I have DroneLink Beta installed for the M3E. When I flash it with consumer firmware DJI Fly magically appears and works fine. When I go back DroneLink Beta is there again and doesn't get deleted. [view_image]
That’s just nuts. My working theory had been that DJI is pulling some of this stuff just to get us to buy two drones. If that was the case though you’d think they’d let us use the Enterprise RC with other aircraft.

So did you actually get it to link to another drone?
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_PTRbxzbetawA
lvl.4
Germany

Thank you Johnnokomis, this is the ultimate proof, that this is a software barrier and has nothing to do with the hardware of the Enterprise RC PRO controller. Even though i am not too confident, i hope they will fix this.
2022-12-28
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Jiggyb21 Posted at 12-28 03:06
That’s just nuts. My working theory had been that DJI is pulling some of this stuff just to get us to buy two drones. If that was the case though you’d think they’d let us use the Enterprise RC with other aircraft.

So did you actually get it to link to another drone?

I don't have a regular Mavic 3 to try and connect to with it unfortunately. I don't see why it wouldn't work though.
2022-12-28
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_PTRbxzbetawA Posted at 12-28 06:38
Thank you Johnnokomis, this is the ultimate proof, that this is a software barrier and has nothing to do with the hardware of the Enterprise RC PRO controller. Even though i am not too confident, i hope they will fix this.

Yea I don't have much faith that DJI will make this happen. They'd rather sell an extra drone and RC than make things easier for their customers. They've tried telling us that they're two different protocols and that it'd be impossible to make happen.. They were lying to us the whole time. If anyone is still thinking DJI has a defense on this issue just take a look at what DJI themselves told the FCC here.. I'm still waiting on DJI to comment on the matter...
185345j7jgfz859tzz7tte (1).jpg
2022-12-28
Use props
MattWMatt
lvl.1

Russia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-28 19:05
Yea I don't have much faith that DJI will make this happen. They'd rather sell an extra drone and RC than make things easier for their customers. They've tried telling us that they're two different protocols and that it'd be impossible to make happen.. They were lying to us the whole time. If anyone is still thinking DJI has a defense on this issue just take a look at what DJI themselves told the FCC here.. I'm still waiting on DJI to comment on the matter...

Have you tried to flash the m3 e drone itself, to a regular firmware m3?
2022-12-29
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MattWMatt Posted at 12-29 06:34
Have you tried to flash the m3 e drone itself, to a regular firmware m3?

I've definitely thought about it but it would be a little more involved since there are hardware differences between the two. Onboard USB port, LED beacon, mechanical shutter etc. With the RC it's literally the same exact piece of hardware. I still want to try it just to see what would happen.
2022-12-29
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-28 18:57
I don't have a regular Mavic 3 to try and connect to with it unfortunately. I don't see why it wouldn't work though.

If you wouldn't mind elaborating, what did you have to do?  I used to root all my Android phones and mess around but that was years ago.  Was it as simple as enabling developer mode and flashing a different RC firmware or something else?  I have an Air 2S that theoretically should work.  

I, like you, am being driven mad.  DJI comes on these forums and answers, I'm sorry, the dumbest questions and only those questions.  

Every time I think I've found a workaround to a problem I come across another.  I paid for and tested DroneLink and I have to say it's pretty damn good, even the virtual stick missions when paired with the M3E.  I tested the same flight today with the M3E vs the Air2S and the M3E definitely performed better but the image is total garbage compared to the Air2S with its control over the color profile, sharpness, contrast, etc.  It's not even close.  So the 1" sensor blows the 4/3 sensor out of the water.   On what planet does that make sense!?  Why even put a 4/3 sensor in the M3E?

Anyway if I could get the Fly App to work with the Air 2S, I would assume it would work with the Mavic 3.  I'd probably buy an aircraft only and sell the Air 2S so at least I have one controller.  I'm so f-ing mad.
2022-12-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Jiggyb21 Posted at 12-30 16:16
If you wouldn't mind elaborating, what did you have to do?  I used to root all my Android phones and mess around but that was years ago.  Was it as simple as enabling developer mode and flashing a different RC firmware or something else?  I have an Air 2S that theoretically should work.  

I, like you, am being driven mad.  DJI comes on these forums and answers, I'm sorry, the dumbest questions and only those questions.  

I've sent you a PM with what you need to do it.
2022-12-30
Use props
MattWMatt
lvl.1

Russia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-30 16:25

please send me information
2022-12-30
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

So here's my report-

I was able to flash the Mavic 3 firmware no problem just like @Johnnokomis.  The controller booted with no flight app; no FLY app and no PILOT 2 app.  
-I side loaded the DJI Fly app and was very easily able to link the DJI RC PRO ENTERPRISE with my Air 2S.  
-I performed two test flights without issue.  
-After a power cycle the FLY app disappeared and even snooping around the root files it seems to have been erased after power cycling the RC. I reinstalled the FLY app via the apk several times and every time I powered off/on it was removed.  
-For good measure I tried a few times to sideload the DJI FLY app to the RC PRO ENTERPRISE with stock firmware which obviously failed.  

So as @Johnnokomis said earlier, the RC PRO hardware is clearly cross compatible and I don't see any reason DJI couldn't let this $1000 RC PRO ENTERPRISE control any of the other drones that work with the RC PRO, it's obvious they could.  I'm left with the exact same conclusion as many others that not only have they completely stripped the M3E of its potential and assumed capabilities but also the RC that comes with it.

The more I correspond with DJI and they keep reiterating that the features we want are consumer-level features and we are talking about Enterprise drones, the more I understand that by 'enterprise" they don't mean "professional".  It simply means large entity with minimal demands and a big budget.  So there's an expensive version of the Mavic 3 that caters to the largest of entities with extremely narrow scopes of work and a cheap one that caters to consumers.  That leaves the sort of blue collar middleman with no improvements since the Phantom 4 Pro without owning multiple Mavic 3 drones.  

That leads me back to the other way they can fix this for me.  If they were to release the SDK for the Mavic 3, the only market I can see them losing from an enterprise standpoint is the photogrammetry market and that would have to be the fly-by-night crowd that does it a few times a year(AKA the folks who would never buy the M3E anyway) Anyone making serious money from mapping wouldn't see $4000 as any sort of barrier I don't think.  People that need serious waypoint functionality would still have to spring for the enterprise version too.  

My final conclusion is that consumers are now happy because they have an amazing drone and now on-board waypoints and enterprise users at the far end are happy enough because their needs are simple and/or they don't know any different so the only one really getting screwed hard here is the blue-collar jack of all trades type.  And After weeks of reading forums like this I don't think DJI will change any of it so here's hoping for another manufacturer to step up their game.  
2023-1-4
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Jiggyb21 Posted at 1-4 17:00
So here's my report-

I was able to flash the Mavic 3 firmware no problem just like @Johnnokomis.  The controller booted with no flight app; no FLY app and no PILOT 2 app.  

Hi, Jiggyb21. Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

*Insert vague, unrelated apology here*

Your comment will be forwarded to the recycle bin. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-1-4
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-4 17:40
Hi, Jiggyb21. Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

*Insert vague, unrelated apology here*

Last time I recv'd a code for a free micro sd card "to show you how important you are to us as a customer"
2023-1-4
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I don’t mean to steer this thread off course but I don’t think it’s worth starting a new one either.

I mean this genuinely. If there is no SDK planned for all these new drones what is the point of the regular RC PRO? I understand it’s a high quality piece of kit but are people really paying $1200 for longer range, brighter screen, and a few shortcut buttons?  Something doesn’t quite add up. The RC PRO Enterprise makes sense to me for several reasons. Maybe the RC Pro was always intended to be an enterprise controller and they made it backwards compatible with consumer drones to make a buck, or they originally intended to release the SDKs and if so the controller capable of 3rd party app install would have made sense.

It’s a weird one for me.
2023-1-5
Use props
djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 542431 ft
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 2022-12-30 16:25

I would like to know aswell how you flashed it. Although my goal is to use it the other way around and get Pilot 2 to work on other devices.
2023-1-5
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ Posted at 1-5 07:42
I would like to know aswell how you flashed it. Although my goal is to use it the other way around and get Pilot 2 to work on other devices.

I haven't tried it myself, but I have heard from VERY reliable sources that the flash doesn't work the other way around. Even if it did though the Pilot 2 app isn't going to work with anything except Enterprise drones. The Enterprise drones won't work with the DJI Fly app either. Just how it is.
2023-1-5
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Jiggyb21 Posted at 1-5 06:50
I don’t mean to steer this thread off course but I don’t think it’s worth starting a new one either.

I mean this genuinely. If there is no SDK planned for all these new drones what is the point of the regular RC PRO? I understand it’s a high quality piece of kit but are people really paying $1200 for longer range, brighter screen, and a few shortcut buttons?  Something doesn’t quite add up. The RC PRO Enterprise makes sense to me for several reasons. Maybe the RC Pro was always intended to be an enterprise controller and they made it backwards compatible with consumer drones to make a buck, or they originally intended to release the SDKs and if so the controller capable of 3rd party app install would have made sense.

Just my two cents here, all speculation.

DJI's business plan has changed drastically since the Mavic 3 released. Because you're right the regular RC Pro is pretty pointless and overkill the way it is now. DJI's official statement for a long time following the Mavic 3's release was that the SDK would be made available in a similar timeline as all other releases have been. It's been like that for MANY years. However, DJI's wording slowly started to change regarding the SDK topic. They silently removed any mention of their previous statements that said the SDK would be available in the future. Now their official statement is that they won't be releasing it for "older" drones. What does that even mean..? Are they calling the Mavic 3 an older drone? It's no coincidence that they made Waypoints a new feature around the same time this statement was published. I guess they thought it'd make the customers waiting on the SDK happy. It's all a money grab to try and make the two different choices us consumers are stick with as far apart as possible. I expect this from a corporation who has stock holders breathing down their necks. Share holders want a quick buck and couldn't care less about the company as a whole. DJI is a "private" company though. I put it in quotes because that's their words not mine. They have a handful of investors. Oh yeah and a little group called the Chinese government. I'm putting on my tin foil hat now, but I'm sure they have something to do with the SDK being held. I have no idea what exactly the reason is but I'm sure it's all part of some grander plan.
2023-1-5
Use props
djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ
lvl.3
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-5 16:52
I haven't tried it myself, but I have heard from VERY reliable sources that the flash doesn't work the other way around. Even if it did though the Pilot 2 app isn't going to work with anything except Enterprise drones. The Enterprise drones won't work with the DJI Fly app either. Just how it is.

I don't want to use the Pilot 2 App to fly the mavic 3 but to create grid waypoint missions easily to then import into the Fly app.
2023-1-6
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ Posted at 1-6 03:03
I don't want to use the Pilot 2 App to fly the mavic 3 but to create grid waypoint missions easily to then import into the Fly app.

A little bit convoluted but pretty easy once you get the hang of it I bet. Have you seen this?

https://youtu.be/GX0dZ1Jzw-g
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ
lvl.3
Germany

Jiggyb21 Posted at 1-6 04:08
A little bit convoluted but pretty easy once you get the hang of it I bet. Have you seen this?

https://youtu.be/GX0dZ1Jzw-g

Thank you!
I didn't know the video but the process.
I'm still looking for a cheap mission planner which supports grid missions an can export compatible kmz files.
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_0fQ0ktLSCSpo
New

United States

Sooo… Mavic 2 Enterprise Thermal : What Smart RC remote will work with this model? I’m tired of using a cell phone on my dang controller. Also. Best place to buy one?
2023-1-10
Use props
imJafar
lvl.1

Poland

and me, please
2023-1-16
Use props
djiuser_8DR4gZNNPHcu
lvl.1

Poland

Johnnokomis Posted at 2022-12-27 19:27
The Enterprise RC can be flashed with normal RC firmware and it becomes exactly that. It won't work with the Enterprise Mavic 3 in that state but it can just as easily be flashed back to an Enterprise RC. I know this isn't ideal and would be a hassle while in the field. The good thing though is that you keep the previously installed apps and user data when going back and forth. For example I have DroneLink Beta installed for the M3E. When I flash it with consumer firmware DJI Fly magically appears and works fine. When I go back DroneLink Beta is there again and doesn't get deleted. [view_image]

Добрый день меня зовут Денис, я хотел узнать как вы проишили rc pro enterprise пульт от интрепрайса на прошивку обычного rc pro
2023-2-18
Use props
djiuser_8DR4gZNNPHcu
lvl.1

Poland

imJafar Posted at 1-16 02:31
and me, please

Добрый подскажите способ как вы прошли пульт rc pro enterprise на прошивку пульта rc pro
2023-2-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_8DR4gZNNPHcu Posted at 2-18 02:30
Добрый подскажите способ как вы прошли пульт rc pro enterprise на прошивку пульта rc pro

Денис, на данный момент стабильно это не осуществимо. Можно попробовать, установив RC-прошивку М3. Когда RC pro перезапустится, FLY исчезнет.
2023-2-18
Use props
djiuser_8DR4gZNNPHcu
lvl.1

Poland

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-18 03:00
Денис, на данный момент стабильно это не осуществимо. Можно попробовать, установив RC-прошивку М3. Когда RC pro перезапустится, FLY исчезнет.

А как это сделать хотя бы не стабильно подскажите процесс
2023-2-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

djiuser_8DR4gZNNPHcu Posted at 2-18 03:18
А как это сделать хотя бы не стабильно подскажите процесс

Посмотрите на № 5.  Наш товарищ Johnokomis пробовал, с М3Е не работает. Протокол отличается между M3 и M3E. Вы можете установить FLY, но это не работает. Если ваша цель — использовать функции FLY, вы можете попробовать с UGCS.
2023-2-18
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yes LV_Forestry is partially correct. You can install the RC Pro firmware and it works perfectly fine with all the consumer line of Mavic 3's/Air2S's. You must flash it back in order to get it to work with the M3E though. I don't get what our buddy LV_Forestry is trying to say with "You can install FLY, but it doesn't work." When it's flashed with Enterprise firmware you CANNOT install Fly. When it's flashed with RC Pro firmware you CAN install Fly and it DOES work just fine.

I've sent a PM with instructions how to do it.
2023-2-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-18 13:58
Yes LV_Forestry is partially correct. You can install the RC Pro firmware and it works perfectly fine with all the consumer line of Mavic 3's/Air2S's. You must flash it back in order to get it to work with the M3E though. I don't get what our buddy LV_Forestry is trying to say with "You can install FLY, but it doesn't work." When it's flashed with Enterprise firmware you CANNOT install Fly. When it's flashed with RC Pro firmware you CAN install Fly and it DOES work just fine.

You confirm that FLY does not allow to operate the enterprise range M3?

In #29 I put pro but I mean enterprise, my bad.

Когда он прошит прошивкой Enterprise, вы не можете установить Fly. Когда он прошит потребительской прошивкой, вы можете установить Fly, и он отлично работает с потребительским Mavic3.

потребительская прошивка: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 209/DJI+Assistant+2(Consumer+Drones+Series)+2.1.16.exe

Корпоративная прошивка:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 21/DJI+Assistant+2+(Enterprise+Series)+V2.1.7.exe

2023-2-18
Use props
djiuser_8DR4gZNNPHcu
lvl.1

Ukraine

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-18 13:58

Отправьте мне пожалуйста инструкцию в ЛС.
2023-2-19
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-18 23:23
You confirm that FLY does not allow to operate the enterprise range M3?

In #29 I put pro but I mean enterprise, my bad.

Correct.  The RC Pro Enterprise checks the name of the APK when installing any app. They coded the RC to not allow the Fly APK to even begin installation. This isn't a matter of incompatibility. They block their own app intentionally.

This is the code from a normal RC Pro when you try to install Pilot 2. It's exactly the same for Fly on Enterprise.
public boolean isAllowInstallByPackageName(String pkgName) {
    LOGD("isAllowInstallByPackageName: checking " + pkgName);
    boolean result = true;
    String reason = "";
    if ("com.dji.industry.pilot".equals(pkgName)) {
        result = false;
        reason = "Not allow installing PILOT on RC PRO.";
    }
    LOGD("isAllowInstallByPackageName: " + pkgName + " isAllow: " + result + " reason: " + reason);
    return result;
}
2023-2-19
Use props
djiuser_ity8dzfjCaBE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18356 ft
Mexico

Can you please send me the instructions to flash the RC pro enterprise to normal?
2023-2-28
Use props
Zoilent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56673 ft
Ukraine

Please send me this information as well. Thank you.
2023-3-23
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

Would you mind making a video explaining how to do this?
2023-4-5
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

CuAnnan Posted at 4-5 15:06
Would you mind making a video explaining how to do this?

Also. Can someone from DJI please inform us if doing this voids the warranty?
2023-4-5
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CuAnnan Posted at 4-5 15:18
Also. Can someone from DJI please inform us if doing this voids the warranty?

Yea I highly doubt you'll get a response from DJI regarding this work around. Their official stance is that DJI Fly isn't compatible with the RC Pro Enterprise. So if they even acknowledge this trick exist it kind of makes their whole story fall apart. I've had a DJI Care swap on an RC that has been flashed before and it went smoothly with no problems. Take that for what it's worth I guess.  
2023-4-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules