801 3 2022-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibeteck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46939 ft
United States

IMG_3088.jpeg

This is my first time using the DJI Avata and flying in FPV mode. At first, I was afraid of how my body would react when wearing the goggles since by nature I'm used to looking for my drone up in the sky and not used to wearing something that obstructs sight. I have never used or experienced an FPV and I had no clue what to expect from it. I can personally tell you that it was a complete wow factor as a novice and first-time user. Being able to experience this product has really changed the way I see drones and what they are capable of doing. The Avata is very nimble when turning corners and you are able to fly it through some small spaces without worrying about the propellers touching anything and wiping out in mid flight. The setup was a bit daunting but if you follow each step slowly you will be able to get to flying in no time. After charging up the three batteries I got with the Avata because DJI was kind enough to also send out a Fly More Kit with the Avata, DJI Goggles 2 and the motion controller I was ready to take my first flight in FPV.

IMG_3089.jpeg
My initial reaction when I wore the goggles and was seeing though the Avata's lens I was trying to quickly wrap my mind around the fact that I was about to take flight, but my body was still grounded and there was nothing to worry about. The one thing I was not sure is how my mind was going to react when I was up in the air flying so I was a bit worried. All my worries turned into natural adrenaline I enjoyed every single minute I was up in the sky. I was able to quickly get a grasp of how the Avata was being controlled via the motion controller. Although I did find myself physically looking down not too sure why. I still must adjust to that. I took it out to the coast here in Los Angeles and was enjoying the views that you can only get when riding a helicopter and even then you can't experience the thrill of flying in FPV. Having the extra batteries really helped because you only get approximately 18 minutes of flight time off of each battery. You cant go out and fly such an amazing drone with only one battery you will be left wanting more flight time.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 11.22.37 AM.jpg Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 11.40.53 AM.jpg

Build Quality
The Avata is a pretty solid piece of machinery with a bulky exo skeleton which makes it look really cool. It is small enough to fit in the palm of my hand and felt comfortable gripping it firmly without worrying about the propellers since they do have a propeller guard on them. The frame that hold the battery is solid enough to give it a squeeze without damaging the integrity of the drone itself. The camera is safely housed within what appears to be an exoskeleton that also holds the battery.

IMG_0052.jpg IMG_2617.jpg IMG_2346.jpg
Video Quality
I was amazed at the quality of the video the Avata was able to capture. At 4k 60fps the video is silky smooth and looks amazing right from the drone without color correction. With the Horizonready and Rocksteady system built into the drone allows for the video to be captured smoothly there is no jerking around. The camera does have other capture settings but capturing at 4k 60fps I feel that it's the best and I will continue to capture at this rate.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 11.42.51 AM.jpg

Overall
This first-time experience with the Avata for sure brought out the drone pilot in me. I really can't wait to take it out to many more places such as canyons, the desert and if possible when I travel to another country to capture the amazing beauty from a First-Person-View that the Avata offers.

IMG_0050.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 11.22.54 AM.jpg
2022-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see and read!
2022-12-2
Use props