Is the RC-231 for the Mavic Air 2 the same as RC-N1?
3519 6 2022-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giebler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81280 ft
United States

Is the RC-231 for the Mavic Air 2 the same as RC-N1?  Is the Air 2 controller the same controller included with the Air 2S?  If so, if I have the Air 2 Fly More Combo, I could just buy an Air 2S Drone Only and use my Air 2 controller and batteries and essentually have the Air 2S combo for the price of the drone body.  Are the propellers the same as well or did they change?  I'm planning ahead for the remote ID requirement and trying to determine the cheapest way to get to a remote ID drone instead of wasting money on a module.
2022-12-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe that the RC231 & RC-N1 are, effectively, the same controller and interchangable.
2022-12-2
Use props
Giebler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81280 ft
United States

So O3 is a change in the Air 2S only - the RC-231 controller that the Air 2 came with is the same controller that ships with the Air 2S package?
2022-12-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do not know about the occusync stuff but all that I have seen is to the effect that the controllers are the same and interchangable.
I have a recollection that a firmware change is sometimes mentioned when swappping between drones but do not remember if that relates to the RC231/RC-N! or a smart controller not which drones but it is my memory that once the two foirmwares are downloaded the appropriate device store both and can swap between the two quite quickly AND without the need of a connection to the web.
2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Giebler. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, it is an RC-N1, and it is compatible with the DJI Air 2S. And the propellers are still the same as the Mavic Air 2. Hope this helps!. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2022-12-2
Use props
Carlosfilmve
lvl.1
Flight distance : 705030 ft
Venezuela

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-12-2 22:35
Hi, Giebler. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, it is an RC-N1, and it is compatible with the DJI Air 2S. And the propellers are still the same as the Mavic Air 2. Hope this helps!. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!

Tengo un RC-231 del mini 2 es compatible con el mini 3 pro?
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Carlosfilmve Posted at 5-15 19:15
Tengo un RC-231 del mini 2 es compatible con el mini 3 pro?

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, the "RC231" or also called the RC-N1, is compatible with the DJI Mini 3 Pro. Please note that to use the remote controller, you may be prompted to update the firmware first. We hope this helps!
2023-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules