How to Update My Phone Number?
1216 5 2022-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
veryken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8665 ft
United States

As silly and non-forum as it may sound, I cannot figure out how to update my phone number. I thought I never even provided it at any time to DJI.

Today, at a jobsite where I needed to fly only 20 feet straight up for a quick 5-second video of a roof condition, I was locked out. Location was just barely on the edge of the outskirts of the large warning zone of a small airport. Just a mild verification. My controller unit asked if I wanted to unlock drone by entering my phone number. So I did. Syntax format was correct. It said phone number not recognized. I tried my other phone number. Same not recognized. Tried another number. Then another. I tried all my phone numbers that I've ever had in the last five years. None recognized. Cannot get airborn. Drone feature failed the job.

Now back at the desk, I log into my account here with browser, and lo-and-behold, I ALSO CANNOT FIND MY PHONE NUMBER anywhere in any section of any page of my profile.

So I connect my drone, iPad, controller again on the desk. Maybe it's a different login. It shows my same email address correct. It downloaded the latest firmware. So far so good. But I still CANNOT FIND WHERE I HAD EVER provided a phone number. No page, no section, nowhere to look at or edit my phone number. There's just nothing. Just no phone number section in my profile. Please tell me I'm mad.

I even searched "update phone number" in these forums. Nada. No such topic. Product support? Service Request and Inquiry? Help Center? Aftersales Service? Ha! The rabbit hole runs deep. Do I need to fill out a 10-page investigation request to submit to high authorities? WTF!?

Please help or thank me for entertaining you with my frustration.
2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. You are advised to contact our flysafe teams via this email address:flysafe@dji.com They will help you with this issue.
2022-12-4
Use props
veryken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8665 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-4 00:58
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. You are advised to contact our flysafe teams via this email address:flysafe@dji.com They will help you with this issue.

It’s more effective to say, “sorry for the convenience” assuming English is not your native language. Replace the “you” with “the”  to offer more sincerity and less implications.

But thank you for the reply.
2022-12-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

veryken Posted at 12-4 08:22
It’s more effective to say, “sorry for the convenience” assuming English is not your native language. Replace the “you” with “the”  to offer more sincerity and less implications.

But thank you for the reply.

Thank you for your advice. So it should be more appropriate to use "Sorry for the inconvenience"  instead of "Sorry for your inconvenience", am I correct?
Please let me know if you have any other questions later.
2022-12-5
Use props
fans20e3a77c
New

Australia

Surely DJI should make this a changeable field on the account pages on your website?

It's bizarre that something as simple as a phone number change requires an email to DJI?
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans20e3a77c Posted at 2-21 16:33
Surely DJI should make this a changeable field on the account pages on your website?

It's bizarre that something as simple as a phone number change requires an email to DJI?

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules