Hey DJI....thuis is INNO WAY ACCEPTABLE....
1473 39 2022-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Staffydog33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1348881 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

.....look what happened after LITERALYY 2m in a HUGE open  area, no buildings, no treees, no wind, cat all the proof..........ive spent hours drenched in blood searching for my Mini 3.........U want logs, you can have em all...PERFECT line of sight, no rain,no wind, nearest 2 was prob 3 miles awaya about 3 mins into a flight, didnt even get 1/2 a km at look what went MENTAL in LITERALLY 2 metres......downlinkwent mental, no way no how, i been a loyal customers for ages, only had this mini 3 a few Weeks....BYE BYE...........no way hozay am i losing a grandncoz of a malfunction OBVIOUSLY not my fault!!!!!!!!

So,how do i get this ball rolling without care refresh, and i dont care, NOBODY should have something like this happen over obviously some kinda manufacturing default etc.

fail

fail
2022-12-2
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quite a rant but why don’t you explain in simple terms what happened as I am none the wiser
2022-12-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Being in the open field is one thing, are you sure there isn't something interfering with the signal?

I'll give you an example, When my phone's Wifi Hotspot is ON and the car's computer is plugged into it, I simply lose the connection after a few meters. Stepping away from the computer revives the signal.

If you are not in this case, open a ticket on DJI support, they will replace your drone if it is still guaranteed because it is not normal.

After, a mavic mini at 850m, you shouldn't expect miracles. Doesn't VLOS exist in the UK?
2022-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Staffydog33. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. Please know that we treat each case seriously and accordingly, and to start, we would like to get some information confirmed first. Did the drone fly away? If yes, kindly submit a Flyaway Report through this link. If not, did the drone crash, and were you in any way injured? If this is the case, we highly recommend contacting our Customer Support directly for better handling of the case. You may reach them at (support.dji.com). You may file a warranty claim, and our related team will perform a Data Analysis to help figure out the reason for the accident through the flight records. Your understanding is highly appreciated, and thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-3
Use props
Staffydog33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1348881 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VLOS? Do u know where i was flying from..lol, the most open un-obstructed VLOS for MILES u could ever wish for For!!!!

You would of had to have a .60cal US Super Sniper to even have a hope in hell of hitting anything other than fresh air!!!!!!

Matt
2022-12-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Staffydog33 Posted at 12-3 00:21
VLOS? Do u know where i was flying from..lol, the most open un-obstructed VLOS for MILES u could ever wish for For!!!!

You would of had to have a .60cal US Super Sniper to even have a hope in hell of hitting anything other than fresh air!!!!!!

No I don't have a 60cal American super sniper, but a 25cm*17cm object at 850m, it's still tricky to see it and keep control of it. In this case don't come crying that the drone crashed.
The VLOS is a rule that allows the situation awarness on the one hand, on the other hand which allows to continue to control the drone even if the video downlink is faulty. This avoids searching for the drone for hours.

By the way, did it crash? because we still don't know what happened. You can upload the flight log from your RC.
2022-12-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

.....look what happened ...  OBVIOUSLY not my fault!!!!!!!!
All rant and no communication.
We can't look at what happened and you haven't bothered to explain.
If you don't know what happened, how can you be certain it wasn't your fault?

U want logs, you can have em all

A good place to start would be too look into your recorded flight data to see if it explains what caused your incident.
Post a link to your Airdata report - make sure you tick the share box.

2022-12-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just remember that max VLOS in the UK is defined as 500m.
2022-12-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Folks might like to read post 21 in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=275533 the thread entitled "Please Help! in the mini 2 forum. BEFORE making any further comments regarding the OP.
2022-12-3
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

If the signal is lost, the drone should return, hover or land. According to the settings made by the pilot. Did the drone crash or fly somewhere?
2022-12-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-3 03:14
Folks might like to read post 21 in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=275533 the thread entitled "Please Help! in the mini 2 forum.

Thanks for sharing that link.
2022-12-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool story bro.  You crashed your drone.  Awesome.
2022-12-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-3 01:06
.....look what happened ...  OBVIOUSLY not my fault!!!!!!!!
All rant and no communication.
We can't look at what happened and you haven't bothered to explain.

2022-12-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 12-3 06:04
Cool story bro.  You crashed your drone.  Awesome.

Bro.......... and Awesome........ Care to explain perhaps in English. Are you saying it is Awesome he crashed
2022-12-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please be aware that the member (OP) does have mental health issues and may not communicate in the way one would expect.

Staffydog33, you need to upload your flight log to this address, once done, copy the link and post it here so that members can help you further. If you need help on how to do this, please ask on here.
2022-12-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Staffydog33 Posted at 12-3 00:21

you obviously don't know the defintion of vlos in this context.
2022-12-3
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

So we have someone ranting in capitals after conducting an illegal flight.
And one where we have no idea where the blame lies, no idea what orientation the RC, the RF environment or anything else.
2022-12-3
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-3 00:09
Being in the open field is one thing, are you sure there isn't something interfering with the signal?

I'll give you an example, When my phone's Wifi Hotspot is ON and the car's computer is plugged into it, I simply lose the connection after a few meters. Stepping away from the computer revives the signal.

Yes, VLOS in the UK exists and its typically defined as no more than 500m for a small drone of that size.
The flight was illegal regardless of anything else.
2022-12-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The CAA definition is, that the drone must be able ''to be clearly seen by the remote pilot at all times when it is airborne''.
You could mention that the OP is actually referring to LOS, meaning that there is no obstruction between the drone and the RC.

Also, please note; VLOS is not 500m in the UK, VLOS is VLOS. 500m is the MAX distance that you are allowed to fly as a UAV operator irrespective of VLOS. If you cannot see your drone at 50m then that is an illegal flight.

So now that judgement has been passed, why don't we just wait for the OP to come back with the flight logs or to ask for help retrieving them?
2022-12-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Bashy Posted at 12-3 20:34
The CAA definition is, that the drone must be able ''to be clearly seen by the remote pilot at all times when it is airborne''.
You could mention that the OP is actually referring to LOS, meaning that there is no obstruction between the drone and the RC.

Good to read someone really understands the VLOS rule.

If we believe the timestamp of the OP, the sink rate is impressive! something like 240km/h 149mph. under 0.99s

Something is surprising. It will be instructive to see the flight log. Can a DJI drone end up upside down and go full throttle?
2022-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope the logs will be shared soon.
2022-12-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-4 00:06
Good to read someone really understands the VLOS rule.

If we believe the timestamp of the OP, the sink rate is impressive! something like 240km/h 149mph. under 0.99s

No.  The motors shut down if excessive roll is detected.

A CSC might do it.  Which should be clear in the logs.
2022-12-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

gnirtS Posted at 12-4 03:54
No.  The motors shut down if excessive roll is detected.

A CSC might do it.  Which should be clear in the logs.

So there is something unclear in the data provided by the OP. Or else the gravitational acceleration in England is not the same.
2022-12-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-4 04:12
So there is something unclear in the data provided by the OP. Or else the gravitational acceleration in England is not the same.

That's not data.
You can't tell much from that.
You need to see the full actual data
2022-12-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-4 04:12

Not really.  More to do with the sample rate of the telemetry, sample rate of GPS and the inaccuracy of GPS Altitude.

My guess (without being able to see logs) is he CSCd it.
2022-12-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

gnirtS Posted at 12-4 05:03
Not really.  More to do with the sample rate of the telemetry, sample rate of GPS and the inaccuracy of GPS Altitude.

sample rate of GPS and the inaccuracy of GPS Altitude.
GPS is only used for horizontal position data.
The altitude data comes from a barometric sensor and has nothing to do with GPS.
Those numbers (as they are) obviously aren't genuine.

Save your guesses until there's actual data to look at.
2022-12-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

gnirtS Posted at 12-4 05:03

You will forgive my ignorance, but what does "CSC" mean?

I searched without success
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSC
2022-12-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-4 05:12
You will forgive my ignorance, but what does "CSC" mean?

I searched without success

Combination stick command

Its where you move the sticks to the bottom middle to shut down the motors
2022-12-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Labroides Posted at 12-4 05:08
sample rate of GPS and the inaccuracy of GPS Altitude.
GPS is only used for horizontal position data.
The altitude data comes from a barometric sensor and has nothing to do with GPS.

I agree that the timestamp is weird.
Everyone is eager to get the data, but there's a good chance it's another thread where the OP raises a big discussion and disappears.
2022-12-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Bashy Posted at 12-4 05:15
Combination stick command

Its where you move the sticks to the bottom middle to shut down the motors

Ok, thank you ! good to know
2022-12-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-4 00:06
Good to read someone really understands the VLOS rule. If we believe the timestamp of the OP, the sink rate is impressive! something like 240km/h 149mph. under 0.99s

Folks, if you want the guy to reply, STOP HARANGUING HIM. It appears he has some problems, I happened to check his other threads and mentioned one earlier. You do him and yourselves no favours with this sustained berating.  

With regards to the data and timestamps...........might it be a simple typo, the remainder of the intervals are 30 sec.

With regards to  "could it be a CSC?" Unlikely the/a drone does not instantaneously drop 60 odd metres, free fall speed is around 14 -16 m/s. Besides, having performed mid air motor stops with a P3 and a Mini 1 or 2 and having checked their logs, the CSC does not zero the height, the last entry in both logs is at the appropriate height, column title  OSD.height [m].

2022-12-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-4 05:59
Folks, if you want the guy to reply STOP HARANGUING HIM, it appears he has some problems, I happened to check his other threads and mentioned one earlier. You do him and yourseleve no favours with this sustained berating.  

With regards to the data and timestamps...........might it be a simple typo, the remainder of the intervals are 30 sec.

I don't see too much blame here, just good advice comments. Well I admit that it depends on the sensitivity of each.

"free fall speed is around 14 -16 m/s"
I won't bore you with the formula here, but at 60m the impact will take place at about twice that value.

Yes I think you're right, the timestamp was not correctly copied.
2022-12-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry, if you mean v^2 = u^2 + 2ax = 34.3 that's free fall in a vacuum, if some other formulae unless it's a differential equation please post it.
In air there is air resistance (drag).
Besides recorded data from the DAT of a P3 shows a free fall speed of between 14m/s and 16m/s and it fell far enough for this to be a uniform speed i.e. terminal velocity. I was fairly confident that I would get a restart with the P3 and I was correct. I won't risk it with a Mavic because I fear too much wobble preventing a restart.
2022-12-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-4 12:26
LV_Forestry, if you mean v^2 = u^2 + 2ax = 34.3 that's free fall in a vacuum, if some other formulae unless it's a differential equation please post it.
In air there is air resistance (drag).
Besides recorded data from the DAT of a P3 shows a free fall speed of between 14m/s and 16m/s and it fell far enough for this to be a uniform speed i.e. terminal velocity. I was fairly confident that I would get a restart with the P3 and I was correct. I won't risk it with a Mavic because I fear too much wobble preventing a restart.

You're absolutely right, you have to take into account the friction of the air. But it's Sunday, I don't really want to.

Square root of 2 times the gravitational acceleration(g) times the height(z).

Well, I'm not going to destroy a drone to find out what the coefficient of friction in the air of a mini is, but you have aroused my curiosity. It would be very instructive to see the data.
2022-12-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry I do not post logs nor exerts from them, full stop. You will just have to take my word for it, sorry. I did mine at sea, so there was no risk to anyone if the restart failed.
there are several mid air motor stop videos on youtube but they mostly involve small falls, you might like

From memory I have seen a few long fall videos but they have been edited so you can't really check timings.
2022-12-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-4 13:08
Sorry I do not post logs nor exerts from them, full stop. You will just have to take my word for it, sorry.

I absolutely do not question your word . It is completely possible, because a non-motorized propeller is a real brake.
2022-12-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-4 13:12
I absolutely do not question your word . It is completely possible, because a non-motorized propeller is a real brake.

Oh I added a link to the previous post that you might like
if I read the data correctly Phantom props are driven backwards, which came as a surprise.
I tried holding various upside down Mavics (foldable props) in the down draught of a Phantom and a M2P/Z but I couldn't-get/don't-remember consistent results concerning whether or not their props would be driven backwards, I suspect that there is a chance that stiff foldable props e.g. M2P/Z, might be but with free pivoting props such as those on the Mini's I am much less sure. If I was sure the props would be driven backwards I might try it with a Mini or M2P as that would be a fair indication that the props provide a good deal of drag  and migh keep the drone stable but...... I am not risking it with a 'good condition' drone on an unsure gamble lol.

2022-12-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-4 13:30
Oh I added a link to the previous post that you might like
if I read the data correctly Phantom props are driven backwards, which came as a surprise.
I tried holding various upside down Mavics (foldable props) in the down draught of a Phantom and a M2P/Z but I couldn't-get/don't-remember consistent results concerning whether or not their props would be driven backwards, I suspect that there is a chance that stiff foldable props e.g. M2P/Z, might be but with free pivoting props such as those on the Mini's I am much less sure. If I was sure the props would be driven backwards I might try it with a Mini or M2P as that would be a fair indication that the props provide a good deal of drag  and migh keep the drone stable but...... I am not risking it with a 'good condition' drone on an unsure gamble lol.

Amazing video thanks. I wouldn't risk it. I checked with the timestamp of the video and the altitude display, it gives 12m/s. It doesn't seem like much to me, but it's consistent with the data displayed.
2022-12-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-4 15:19
Amazing video thanks. I wouldn't risk it. I checked with the timestamp of the video and the altitude display, it gives 12m/s. It doesn't seem like much to me, but it's consistent with the data displayed.

have a look at the link in the pm I sent, it's a better one
2022-12-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-4 15:32
have a look at the link in the pm I sent, it's a better one

Ah yes I had not seen. It goes from 1076ft to 175ft in 20sec -> 13.7m/s
I am very surprised that the atmosphere slows down the fall so much.
2022-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules