1800 15 2022-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicLT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 243189 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi evrybody,night mode on Mavic3 is really great. We need it at 25fps for European tv broadcast market.
2022-12-3
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Precisely that is what I was going to request and here it is. Yes this is what is needed
2022-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, MavicLT. Thank you for reaching out. When Night mode is enabled, the video resolution and frame rate will be fixed to 4K 30fps, and ISO can be adjusted from 800 to 12800. We understand why you would like to have it recorded at 25fps. We assure you that your valuable suggestions will reach our related team for consideration. Significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, 25fps is key. Especially in night mode with lots of artificial lighting (probably)
2022-12-4
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is there something wrong with just filming at 25fps like you'd normally do and drop the shutter to 1/50 or 1/25, increase the ISO and keep the aperture as low as possible?

I don't get why people are asking for this when it's literally already able to film at night when set correctly?!

IMO I don't want a video which has a tonne of noise reduction added which just makes the footage look mushy.
2022-12-4
Use props
MaxP4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Montfrooij Posted at 12-4 01:20
Yes, 25fps is key. Especially in night mode with lots of artificial lighting (probably)

Correct... now (in Italy) if I use the night mode where there are many lights there is an annoying blinking.
2022-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MaxP4 Posted at 12-4 12:00
Correct... now (in Italy) if I use the night mode where there are many lights there is an annoying blinking.

Exactly.
I can't fly at night currently due to regulations, but hopefully that will change soon
2022-12-4
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Why do you use Night Mode?
Any PRO will use Manual, like 25 FPS, SS 1/25, HLG, ISO 1600, 3000 WB.
Then work it with Noise red, like Topaz, Neat, Resolve Pro...

That Night mode from DJI is creating a lot of blur and ghosting, so your point is not for a PRO but for an amateur.
2022-12-7
Use props
MavicLT
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Geo_Drone Posted at 12-7 22:55
Why do you use Night Mode?
Any PRO will use Manual, like 25 FPS, SS 1/25, HLG, ISO 1600, 3000 WB.
Then work it with Noise red, like Topaz, Neat, Resolve Pro...

We cover news. For news you have no time. When we produce footage for a non-breaking situation, we shoot HLG, but if you are covering a breaking news you must edit and upload the footage in 5 max 10 minutes. Like we did with Stromboli

2022-12-8
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MavicLT Posted at 12-8 01:44
We cover news. For news you have no time. When we produce footage for a non-breaking situation, we shoot HLG, but if you are covering a breaking news you must edit and upload the footage in 5 max 10 minutes. Like we did with Stromboli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkItQI3buCI

You should still know how to use a camera in low light. Night mode is just a dumb way of the drone working out the ISO for you and probably adding a bit of noise reduction.
2022-12-8
Use props
MavicLT
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

CloudVisual Posted at 12-8 01:57
You should still know how to use a camera in low light. Night mode is just a dumb way of the drone working out the ISO for you and probably adding a bit of noise reduction.

Night mode is a wonderful improvement if you have no time to do noise reduction
2022-12-8
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MavicLT Posted at 12-8 01:58
Night mode is a wonderful improvement if you have no time to do noise reduction

By the time your footage reaches a TV via digital means, any noise will be lost. Plus, breaking news doesn't care much for the quality as long as there is something to see.

Your volcano is a very difficult scene to shoot as it is, such a high contrast of dark and bright light. It looks to me that whoever filmed that purposefully shot it with a EV down a stop to avoid the lava exposure being blown out, so you'd not benefit from a 'night mode' in this shot. Just dump the clip into the timeline and lift the shadows, ten seconds of additional editing whilst you're cropping it.
2022-12-8
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

MavicLT Posted at 12-8 01:44

For this you need real HDR, so your option for M3 was a mistake. You should go to Evo 2 PRO from Autel and HDR mode in night would give you enough DR in order not to edit it anymore and not even denoise it.
As Mavic 3 is good for commercials as is making our life easier with that POI, Autel is good for night mode as Dynamic range is probably 50% better than M3.
Each drone have it's own advantages, so is good to have both.That is an example of HDR at pure night, as you see the blacks are not crushed and you have low shadow details visible.
Was converted to REC709.

2022-12-8
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

CloudVisual Posted at 12-4 03:26
Is there something wrong with just filming at 25fps like you'd normally do and drop the shutter to 1/50 or 1/25, increase the ISO and keep the aperture as low as possible?

I don't get why people are asking for this when it's literally already able to film at night when set correctly?!

... interesting seeing!   
2022-12-9
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's now available on the new update I believe.
2022-12-9
Use props
MavicLT
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

BrianKushner Posted at 12-9 21:54
It's now available on the new update I believe.

Yes, installed. Great!!
2022-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules