Sandisk Extreme 1TB working
4241 28 2022-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jupiter1TX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3570 ft
United States

DJI you can add the Sandisk Extreme V30 A2 1TB microSD to the working list on both the Mini 3 Pro and the RC.
I've had no problems recording, reading or transfering files from eiather device with these microSD.
1TB-SSD-1.jpg
1TB-SSD-2.jpg
1TB-SSD-3.jpg

2022-12-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

cool.  pardon me, unless this is the only microsd card you have and you use it for multiple electronic devices for several days to weeks before you have access to a computer, what is the practical use of 1TB with a 4k drone may i ask?
2022-12-3
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

English saying, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket". In other words if you lose your drone with a 1TB microsd you will lose a load of data. I find a 128mb microsd is more than enough for a days outing, backing it up when I get home ready for the next outing.
2022-12-3
Use props
Jupiter1TX
lvl.2
United States

Yea they are overkill!
So I had these 2 microSD cards laying on my desk  since I couldn't use them in the latest phone and I never really needed  one in my tablet. They were used as my portable music library, race videos and, lot's of RC  video's in previous devices. I don't think I ever went over 500gb usage  on either card though. I do copy my videos to my computer when done for  the day but I leave a copy on the devices. I'll try and fill them up  more than half way and see how it goes but so far no problems. I do  understand the poor reliability of mem chips compared to physical hard  drives so videos are always offloaded to my local cloud appliance.  

2022-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Jupiter1TX. Thank you for your feedback. This will be relayed to our designated department for evaluation. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 12-3 11:13
cool.  pardon me, unless this is the only microsd card you have and you use it for multiple electronic devices for several days to weeks before you have access to a computer, what is the practical use of 1TB with a 4k drone may i ask?

Well for one thing if you copy off the footage regularly it acts as another back up copy of the media.    Loose your laptop before you've had time to back it up,  there's stlll the original footage on the SD card.  More copies are always better than one.
2022-12-4
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 12-3 12:12
English saying, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket". In other words if you lose your drone with a 1TB microsd you will lose a load of data. I find a 128mb microsd is more than enough for a days outing, backing it up when I get home ready for the next outing.

128mb, typo?
2022-12-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-4 00:20
Well for one thing if you copy off the footage regularly it acts as another back up copy of the media.    Loose your laptop before you've had time to back it up,  there's stlll the original footage on the SD card.  More copies are always better than one.

100% agree with this.

2022-12-4
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 12-4 01:23
128mb, typo?

Whoops....not to self proof read b4 hitting post. 128GB.
2022-12-4
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will bet a lot of money that the 1TB card you showed in your original post is fake.

The print quality on that card is horrendous, I've seen fake ones badly printed, but that's the worst I've seen.

So, when everyone is saying not to put all your eggs in one basket, you're actually putting all your eggs into a basket with a thread for a handle.
2022-12-4
Use props
Jupiter1TX
lvl.2
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 12-4 12:54
I will bet a lot of money that the 1TB card you showed in your original post is fake.

The print quality on that card is horrendous, I've seen fake ones badly printed, but that's the worst I've seen.

That is an interesting observation but when you say "a lot of money", how much money are we talking about here? I'm curious if/why Amazon would allow the SanDisk store to sell fake SanDisk products! Both of these microsd cards are at least 3 years old but, like any other solid state device, I don't trust them. I haven't had any failures YET on these cards. Nevertheless, my file archives including email goes back to 1993. I think I can manage my files ok.
2022-12-4
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jupiter1TX Posted at 12-4 14:09
That is an interesting observation but when you say "a lot of money", how much money are we talking about here? I'm curious if/why Amazon would allow the SanDisk store to sell fake SanDisk products! Both of these microsd cards are at least 3 years old but, like any other solid state device, I don't trust them. I haven't had any failures YET on these cards. Nevertheless, my file archives including email goes back to 1993. I think I can manage my files ok.

Maybe it's the compression/ISO on your camera, but that label just looks really badly printed. The lettering doesn't look level.

I know that SanDisk sell on Amazon, but I'll refuse to buy any memory from there.
2022-12-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 12-4 12:54

The print quality on that card is horrendous, I've seen fake ones badly printed, but that's the worst I've seen.

I agree, the print quality is appalling, there's even a misprint between the 2 colours right on the far right, this, in my opinion, is deffo a fake, certainly when compared to say, here, compare the 2 and you will see, hopefully, you didn't pay much for it, have you checked the R+W speeds to see if that match cause its normally those that suffer on the fakes.
2022-12-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

all microsd cards should be checked (by running a program) to ensure they are not fake regardless where you buy them from.  it probably isn't a huge problem today (since many cards are cheap) but amazon once upon a time had a problem with co-mingling their inventory (look it up).  would be interesting to know how much you paid for a 1T card 3 years ago?
2022-12-4
Use props
Jupiter1TX
lvl.2
United States

The label does look fishy so you guys could be right. If I remember correctly they were around $200 a piece for the 1TB. I have another handful of different sizes some still in the blister pack. They all look the same as far as the label. They have served me well so if they are fake WOW!!!
How impressive is that!
2022-12-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jupiter1TX Posted at 12-4 16:20
The label does look fishy so you guys could be right. If I remember correctly they were around $200 a piece for the 1TB. I have another handful of different sizes some still in the blister pack. They all look the same as far as the label. They have served me well so if they are fake WOW!!!
How impressive is that!

$200 sounds about right for a few years ago.  if you are fine with what you have, i guess it really doesn't matter.  but if you want to know if your card is fake or not, why not just test it.  it's easy.  generally a fake card is more than just a bad label; it usually includes inaccessible storage space.  it's better to find out now before it's too late.
2022-12-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jupiter1TX Posted at 12-4 16:20
How impressive is that!

Not very impressive if you paid legit prices, anyhoo, download this test and run the write and verify test
https://h2testw.en.lo4d.com/windows

You should also watch a few of the counterfeit card videos to see if any match your card, also see this site
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-spot-fake-microsd-card/
2022-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 12-4 09:51
100% agree with this.

https://youtu.be/mN0InzDUlXk

Well if you mean more copies the better then yes.   
2022-12-5
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

I don't think this is a fake card. I checked a genuine similar Sandisk Extreme card with a magnifier glass, the text and logo looks the same, just as bad on the gold reflective surface.
2022-12-5
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ArcticPhoto Posted at 12-5 02:03
I don't think this is a fake card. I checked a genuine similar Sandisk Extreme card with a magnifier glass, the text and logo looks the same, just as bad on the gold reflective surface.

My take on this:

The 1TB text is incorrectly spaced. The T is almost touching the 1 and then a huge gap between that and the B

A2 text is slightly slanted downwards

The photo quality is actually quite good (low noise) but the printed ink on the card is very grainy and the ink is bleeding into the white text. Every fake card I've seen has had this blotted ink look where the copycats can't get the ink to print to such a high resolution.
2022-12-5
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-4 14:39
I agree, the print quality is appalling, there's even a misprint between the 2 colours right on the far right, this, in my opinion, is deffo a fake, certainly when compared to say, here, compare the 2 and you will see, hopefully, you didn't pay much for it, have you checked the R+W speeds to see if that match cause its normally those that suffer on the fakes.

I don't think the product images you link to are actually photos - they look like renderings of the product rather than photos of a physical object.

As such, they won't have any of the printing artifacts and imperfections that a physical product will have.

That said, buying SD cards always scares me with apparently so many fakes around.
2022-12-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 12-5 02:41
I don't think the product images you link to are actually photos - they look like renderings of the product rather than photos of a physical object.

As such, they won't have any of the printing artifacts and imperfections that a physical product will have.

anywhere from $6 to $16 for 128gb cards means these days they are less likely to be fakes.  kinda like fake $1 bills.  the only way to know for sure is to run those programs....or, suffer a catastrophic event.
2022-12-5
Use props
Jupiter1TX
lvl.2
United States

WOW! This thread took a sharp left from it's intended subject.
I guess some people are more interested in whether my sd card is fake or not than the fact that an unlisted microsd works in this vehicle and it's controller.

This thread was intended as a
FYI the Sandisk Extreme V30 A2 1TB microSD is recognized and working on the Mini 3 Pro and the DJI RC.

2022-12-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jupiter1TX Posted at 12-5 15:55
I guess some people are more interested in whether my sd card is fake or not than the fact that an unlisted microsd works in this vehicle and it's controller.

it's always been that way, the card list is never complete for cards that are actually compatible.  the list contains only the cards that dji has tested/approved.  it's the same for a gopro or anything other camera.  can't test them all and eventually new cards will come out and no one is going to keep testing them for old drones.  it used to be a big deal with different card brands and memory vary but less important today with the well-known brands and no one should expect the bigger cards to be incompatible.

however, for 1TB it could have been interesting at this stage (from gb to tb) so it's good to know.  it's a public forum and many people read and gather info from these threads so the topic may vary a bit as people chime with with different ideas.  the topic never sticks to just a narrow idea.  i don't think you had an issues or questions so the thread was pretty open for general comments and since so many cards are fake these days, i wouldnt be surprised that it came up.  pretty sure if you had posted a 512, nobody would have said anything.  i don't think anyone was faking 1TB cards 3 years ago since i honestly don't think anyone was crazy interested in paying $200 for one back then (or even today) but it's different when you get under $100.  so anyway, thanks for commenting and let us know what you find out.
2022-12-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Theres 2 reasons why the thread took the fake route, one, your image and two, that it appears to "work". The Saint hits the nail on the head as to how topics work, we as members are only trying to advise you, if it is in fact la fake (we still do not know as you've not done the test) it will save peoples money buying this card because the legit 1tb may not actually work, thats pretty much why these threads take a turn that this did and to be fair, its not off topic
2022-12-5
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's a lot to talk about from your original post. Personally I wouldn't ever use anything larger than 64GB because that's a lot of trust to put in a single card, but you've said that you're a bit of a data storage pro and perhaps I've been wrong all this time.

What did interest me was the photo you posted of the SD Card, and whilst I didn't have to say anything, I didn't want you to lose your footage if it's a fake card. Others have chimed in and seen my point.

I have enjoyed looking into this a little bit more and whilst this might not be something you care about, it could save someone else from buying a dodgy card. I took Bashy's link and overlayed it with your card to compare them as the render on the site will probably also be the print master they use during manufacture.

This GIF shows the overlayed comparison and how, in my opinion, it's a fake card. The only thing that needs to change on one of these fakes is the capacity, which shows that they've typed the capacity in manually and tried to match it, whereas the logos all come ready made to drop into the design.

2022-12-6
Use props
djiuser_3i6PFTUEOWX1
lvl.1

United States

The Saint Posted at 2022-12-3 11:13
cool.  pardon me, unless this is the only microsd card you have and you use it for multiple electronic devices for several days to weeks before you have access to a computer, what is the practical use of 1TB with a 4k drone may i ask?

really you suck
4-15 18:21
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2022-12-4 00:20
Well for one thing if you copy off the footage regularly it acts as another back up copy of the media.    Loose your laptop before you've had time to back it up,  there's stlll the original footage on the SD card.  More copies are always better than one.

Yes I agree, I brought a couple of 500gb cards when I got the drone thinking I will need them, yet I never come near to filling even one of them up on three day outing taking stills and video.

I use one as a back-up disc for all my photos now.
4-19 09:46
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 2022-12-6 01:37
There's a lot to talk about from your original post. Personally I wouldn't ever use anything larger than 64GB because that's a lot of trust to put in a single card, but you've said that you're a bit of a data storage pro and perhaps I've been wrong all this time.

What did interest me was the photo you posted of the SD Card, and whilst I didn't have to say anything, I didn't want you to lose your footage if it's a fake card. Others have chimed in and seen my point.

Interesting comparison.

You can clearly see the difference

Cheers
4-19 09:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules