Avata yam tumble
1718 5 2022-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mJshpqXNJOVq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 323399 ft
Ireland

Today I had my yam tumble with the Avata. I was returned to the home point in Sport mode and I didn't do anything hard it just flipped and go straight to the rocks.

How Do I need to do now??

Someone can help me with this.

I recorded the video before crashing from the goggles.

thanks

2022-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we're deeply sorry about the accident. DJI Avata has a built-in propeller guard that may increase flight resistance, especially when flying sideways though it can improve product performance and flight safety. Thus, in a strong wind environment, if the drone turns around at high speeds, or takes a sudden brake when flying sideways at high speeds, the flight attitude may be abnormal. We recommend flying the drone at a slower speed when making the drone turn around and brake under the scenario mentioned above. But since the drone crashed, we highly recommend sending it back to us for repair. You may submit an online repair application through this link. Additionally, you may submit a warranty claim and state it on the application you will be sending in. Our related team will perform a Data Analysis to help find the cause of the accident. Please note that warranty service can be applied depending on the warranty status and the result of the damage assessment. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you.
2022-12-3
Use props
djiuser_mJshpqXNJOVq
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Tony Posted at 12-3 21:10
Hi there. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we're deeply sorry about the accident. DJI Avata has a built-in propeller guard that may increase flight resistance, especially when flying sideways though it can improve product performance and flight safety. Thus, in a strong wind environment, if the drone turns around at high speeds, or takes a sudden brake when flying sideways at high speeds, the flight attitude may be abnormal. We recommend flying the drone at a slower speed when making the drone turn around and brake under the scenario mentioned above. But since the drone crashed, we highly recommend sending it back to us for repair. You may submit an online repair application through this link. Additionally, you may submit a warranty claim and state it on the application you will be sending in. Our related team will perform a Data Analysis to help find the cause of the accident. Please note that warranty service can be applied depending on the warranty status and the result of the damage assessment. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Tony! Thanks for coming back to me with an answer. I have already made a repair request on the DJI website, however, I didn't mention the warranty. Is it possible to edit my request to mention the warranty claim or to send it printed within the drone box? I haven't sent the drone to repair yet.

Also, is there a proper form that I need to fill up to claim the warranty? Or sending a written statement is already enough? I bought the drone on the 16th of September 2022 and received it on the 20th of September 2022.

Thanks a lot
2022-12-4
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

sorry for your loss, many users have the same yaw turn flipping issue as you do, me also.  
we can only hope for firmware update to fix the abnormal flight altitude problem which DJI mentioned,
or change to other O3 drone instead like Geprc Cinebot30 O3 which i did it already,
you can still reuse your goggles and remote controller 2 on O3 Drones

Avata has design/firmware flaw, dont fly it anymore for safety, i mean seriously.
This time you hit a rock, imagine it hits people / property next time when you use it for commercial shooting?
DJI care wont cover for your damage done to 3rd parties.

Think twice from now on unless they can fix it.
Otherwise, its your own responsibility to fly with this drone then...
2022-12-4
Use props
djiuser_mJshpqXNJOVq
lvl.1
Ireland

arkchan Posted at 12-4 09:26
sorry for your loss, many users have the same yaw turn flipping issue as you do, me also.  
we can only hope for firmware update to fix the abnormal flight altitude problem which DJI mentioned,
or change to other O3 drone instead like Geprc Cinebot30 O3 which i did it already,

Hi bro! Thanks for your comment. You are damn right and I started thinking about this as well after the crash. It was even dangerous hitting me and get me hitting my head on the sharp rocky ground where I was. Me or another person could get seriously injured, worst case being fatal (horrable but we know it can happen)

It is really hard to trust an equipment like this and indeed I am thinking about getting another drone model instead of the avata. Sad cause I really liked it.
2022-12-4
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

djiuser_mJshpqXNJOVq Posted at 12-4 09:46
Hi bro! Thanks for your comment. You are damn right and I started thinking about this as well after the crash. It was even dangerous hitting me and get me hitting my head on the sharp rocky ground where I was. Me or another person could get seriously injured, worst case being fatal (horrable but we know it can happen)

It is really hard to trust an equipment like this and indeed I am thinking about getting another drone model instead of the avata. Sad cause I really liked it.

feel the same, i like the avata in so many ways.
but this fatal safety problem pushed me away from this drone, safety always comes first to me.
2022-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules