DJI Osmo Action 3 overheating after updating to v01.02.10.10
6386 54 2022-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

Hey but too bad that it makes you this frustrated, I hope everything will be solved in a decent way.
2022-12-9
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Rockel83 Posted at 12-9 14:37
Hey but too bad that it makes you this frustrated, I hope everything will be solved in a decent way.

You take the car in for repair with split lights and they send you a video that everything is fine, our technician found nothing, the steering wheel can be turned left and right...
2022-12-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

lol  you send a camera in for a repair, and  it sits on the desk of two people talking at the office of... Yes  things we do and expert .   did the camera get repaired or is it  to your liking yet
2022-12-10
Use props
Rockel83
lvl.3
Netherlands

StevoB Posted at 12-10 03:08
You take the car in for repair with split lights and they send you a video that everything is fine, our technician found nothing, the steering wheel can be turned left and right...

I'm sorry to hear this. Must be verry frustrating. Had the same kind of discussions with companies or sellers before. But then it was a much cheaper product.
Having these kind of discussions at products at this vallue must be verry frustrating then.
2022-12-14
Use props
Ralf G.
lvl.2
Germany

So... after months of frustration I found an easy solution for the overheating problem. Basically in the EU there is a law that says that a camera needs to shut off after reaching 48°C. This is a very low temperature and is reached very fast, depending on the environement temperature. It seems like with the last firmware update this rule has been implemented (in EU hardware) and that's the reason why the cam shuts off so fast. But... there is an absolutely easy solution! A crack file!!! This file just needs to be installed on the root directory of the memory card and the cam doesn't shut off anymore!!! I was able to record about two hours at 4K30 with a room temperature of 25°C!!! After the recording the camera wasn't HOT at all but just warm to the touch.
If you want to try it out, here is the link to the crack file: https://www.camforpro.com/blog/w ... n-3-crackconfig.zip
Have fun and let me know if it solved your problem too ;-)
2023-3-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Ralf G. Posted at 3-9 01:53
So... after months of frustration I found an easy solution for the overheating problem. Basically in the EU there is a law that says that a camera needs to shut off after reaching 38°C. This is a very low temperature and is reached very fast, depending on the environement temperature. It seems like with the last firmware update this rule has been implemented (in EU hardware) and that's the reason why the cam shuts off so fast. But... there is an absolutely easy solution! A crack file!!! This file just needs to be installed on the root directory of the memory card and the cam doesn't shut off anymore!!! I was able to record about two hours at 4K30 with a room temperature of 25°C!!! After the recording the camera wasn't HOT at all but just warm to the touch.
If you want to try it out, here is the link to the crack file: https://www.camforpro.com/blog/w ... n-3-crackconfig.zip
Have fun and let me know if it solved your problem too ;-)

Why does it only says "heat test" in the file?
2023-3-9
Use props
Ralf G.
lvl.2
Germany

johansenfoto Posted at 3-9 02:36
Why does it only says "heat test" in the file?

I have no idea, but it works! Probably just a command to disable the temperature measurement.
2023-3-9
Use props
Ralf G.
lvl.2
Germany

2023-3-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

glad 3 hear never knew we had overheating
2023-3-10
Use props
Ralf G.
lvl.2
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 3-10 09:57
glad 3 hear never knew we had overheating

Now you know
2023-3-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

that the camera doesn't overheat unless you push it to the limits?
2023-3-10
Use props
djiuser_NATv9l2iCfch
New

Sweden

I just bought the DJI Osmo Action 3 and it is overheating already after 10min live stream. Should I send it back?
2023-5-30
Use props
djiuser_NATv9l2iCfch
New

Sweden

Fishycomics Posted at 3-10 12:06
that the camera doesn't overheat unless you push it to the limits?

Mine does. Overheating after 5-10min of livestream
2023-5-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

not sure what to tell ya, maybe make a dummy bat with a fan built in
2023-5-30
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft