Disappointed that my O3 Air Unit does not support INAV OSD
3526 14 2022-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeSa3rd
lvl.1

United States

I recently purchased a 03 Air Unit only to be disappointed that it currently does not support INAV MSP OSD. As a fixed wing pilot that has many planes running INAV It would be great if DJI developers/product engineering could work with the INAV developers to come up with a solution to add INAV OSD support.

Furthermore, there are many fixed wing pilots in the FPV community waiting to come over to digital from analog and without full support INAV & Ardupilot OSD they will not make the move to DJI digital. This is a great opportunity for DJI to work with the community to bring in many more sales while adding needed features that the community is requesting. There are many FPV fixed wing pilot communities all across the world that run INAV & Ardupilot. If you agree let’s help spread this message…

NEFPV_2.jpg
2022-12-4
Use props
fans12a25b98
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191486 ft
Germany

Let's hope there will be a solution soon
2022-12-4
Use props
fans057a9540
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I am also frustrated with the current situation. DJI has again produced an exceptional product but some small details have left out a big part of the community that wants to use the system!  Fixed wing flyers love digital fpv too but most of us use INAV or Ardupilot.  INAV has been a leader in fixed wing FPV of late and has enabled many to get into the hobby.  They are a respected group of developers and hobbyists like the beta flight team and deserve equal attention from DJI.  

DJI please look into this matter by reaching out to the INAV team to workout a solution to getting the OSD to work with their software.  
2022-12-4
Use props
fansac2e77fa
New

United Kingdom

In the same boat, I love DJI, for relaxing fixed wing flying there is nothign better but the OSD implementation has always sucked. When this was announced I (like many others i expect!) jumped at the thought of having a genuine, fully supported digital osd only to be let down.

There is a MASSIVE corner of the market that would jump on DJI if they showed even just a glint of community engagement, paying some pro pilots to do some YouTube stuff isnt enough.

Officially supported OSD on the major community platforms is a MUST for this hobby - Betaflight / INAV / Audupilot / Kiss etc... You are so close!
2022-12-5
Use props
tfmccull
New

United States

100% agree Joe. Would love to see OSD implementation for iNav. Shouldnt need to rely on hacks or workarounds to have this. DJI please listen!
2022-12-5
Use props
willemne
New

United States

100% agree.

In the last year I have purchased Goggles v2 and 6 DJI Air Units, all of them for fixed wing aircraft flying iNav.  I would have not purchased any DJI FPV equipment if it did not support iNav / iNav OSD.

I purchased an O3 pre-order, before it was known that o# does not work with iNav OSD, and now have no good use for it.

I will not purchase anymore O3 air units or goggles 2 unless DJI supports iNav.

DJI, please support your customers who rely on iNav, now and in the future!
2022-12-5
Use props
robomaniac
lvl.2
Canada

I am sorry you feel this way, but it was clear that o3 only supported betaflight 4.3 and up
https://www.dji.com/ca/o3-air-unit/faq#0-6

you can go here and follow along if the dev will implemented it but inav use different Character Map then betaflight
https://github.com/iNavFlight/inav/issues/8578
2022-12-5
Use props
fansac2e77fa
New

United Kingdom

To quote the FAQ as being 'clear information' is a bit of a cop out.

The main product page - it describes 'canvas mode' which is a very broad term in itself, implying multiple supported platforms. There is no information on the main page to say it is specific to Betaflight and find it actually quite misleading.
2022-12-6
Use props
JoeSa3rd
lvl.1

United States

robomaniac Posted at 12-5 19:55
I am sorry you feel this way, but it was clear that o3 only supported betaflight 4.3 and up
https://www.dji.com/ca/o3-air-unit/faq#0-6

I'm well aware of everything you have stated and was aware of these prior to my post. My initial hope was that the already in place INAV created (DJI OSD workaround) would still work and that was broken with the 03 Air Unit release.

This still does not change the need for a correct solution whereby I'd like to see DJI work with iNAV and AP devs to implement the common digital MSP Display Port OSD solution that the community has come up with to solve for this. We are not talking about a huge amount code changes for DJI to get this in place. Furthermore HDZero and Avatar devs have worked and are working with the INAV, Kiss, and AP devs to implement the correct long-term OSD solution.
2022-12-6
Use props
jan_S
lvl.2

Germany

The FAcebook INAV Fixed wing group has 9.000 members. The official INAV Facebook group even over 11.000 members. And all of them have mostly more than one plane running INAV and need a working OSD
2022-12-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 655&pid=2921683
2022-12-7
Use props
djiuser_NpoT5ivrYU8u
New

Australia

PLEASE DJI can you Work with the INAV devs to implement OSD support in INAV! It would take your engineers all of about 20 minutes to understand what is required. I just bought 2 x o3 air units and have them sitting in boxes because they are useless to me. Flying wings exist too, don't forget about us!
2022-12-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_NpoT5ivrYU8u Posted at 12-11 10:13
PLEASE DJI can you Work with the INAV devs to implement OSD support in INAV! It would take your engineers all of about 20 minutes to understand what is required. I just bought 2 x o3 air units and have them sitting in boxes because they are useless to me. Flying wings exist too, don't forget about us!

20 minutes
2022-12-11
Use props
rotormasher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162021 ft
United Kingdom

Please DJI, help us with this!
2022-12-26
Use props
fanse11688ed
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I would not hold your breath waiting on DJI to fix this, the community will have to fix and work around it for them. Amazing really as they are closing the doors to thousands of sales. I alone have 6 V1 Air units in wings running inav. But DJI are very "apple" when it comes to thir products and only give you what they think you should have. I have Purchased the new goggles (also own V1s) and use a single air unit in a quad. If it worked with iNav i would purchase 6 air units immediately and I am confident there are thousands of others that would too.
2023-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules