DJI main site always in German
4441 30 2022-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donapost Panic
New
Flight distance : 199931 ft
United States

No matter how I connect to the DJI main site (not Store) it is always in German. I am in the US.

Go to https://www.dji.com and it redirects to https://www.dji.com/de. I try to change it to https://www.dji.com/us and it gose right back to https://www.dji.com/de. I see no option to change it to English. How can I force the site to English? or do I need to learn German to visit your website?

2022-12-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried using a different device in visiting the website? Also, please try to log out of your account and log back in. If you have the time, kindly send us footage of the problem when visiting the DJI website. We'll try our best to help and communicate with the team to further assist you in the matter. Anticipating your patience.
2022-12-4
Use props
Donapost Panic
New
Flight distance : 199931 ft
United States

I have tried on my phone, tablet, and computer, they all direct to the German website. The only way I figured out to get it in English is to go to the store, pick US/English and then go back to your website.
From a google search on this issue, it seem there are a few people with this problem when they go to the DJI website. What kind of footage would you like to help research this issue
2022-12-15
Use props
Meteodan
New
Flight distance : 502 ft
United States

I am a new user, and I am having the same problem. I'm also in the U.S., and the main site always redirects to the German one if you just type it into the search bar (on multiple devices/browsers). I independently discovered that if I went to the store like you did and picked U.S., I could then access the main site in English. Because of this I at first couldn't find the English version of the manual for my new drone. Using the aforementioned workaround I was finally able to do so.

I suspect it is some sort of upstream caching problem with a router somewhere.
2022-12-28
Use props
Meteodan
New
Flight distance : 502 ft
United States

Meteodan Posted at 12-28 18:54
I am a new user, and I am having the same problem. I'm also in the U.S., and the main site always redirects to the German one if you just type it into the search bar (on multiple devices/browsers). I independently discovered that if I went to the store like you did and picked U.S., I could then access the main site in English. Because of this I at first couldn't find the English version of the manual for my new drone. Using the aforementioned workaround I was finally able to do so.

Amusingly, it shows my location as "Germany" in the avatar panel on the left. I can assure you that I am definitely in the U.S. ;)
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Meteodan Posted at 12-28 18:54
I am a new user, and I am having the same problem. I'm also in the U.S., and the main site always redirects to the German one if you just type it into the search bar (on multiple devices/browsers). I independently discovered that if I went to the store like you did and picked U.S., I could then access the main site in English. Because of this I at first couldn't find the English version of the manual for my new drone. Using the aforementioned workaround I was finally able to do so.

Hi there, you can try to visit this link to see if it works. https://www.dji.com/ If it still not works, you can slide down the page and change the language, please refer to the picture below.
2022-12-28
Use props
fans8b125050
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the same issue!
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8b125050 Posted at 3-26 11:19
I have the same issue!

Hi there, may I ask if you're unable to change the region/language according to the method on post #6?
2023-3-27
Use props
fans8b125050
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Me too even when clicking though from an email written in ENGLISH!

No post six doesn't help because it's all in German
2023-4-13
Use props
djiuser_6qWEeBcbqwEE
lvl.1

United States

As of 05/23/2023  I have the same issue in USA..Keep getting same redirect I have a warranty issue to pursue. And can't navigate the site in English
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_6qWEeBcbqwEE Posted at 5-22 22:26
As of 05/23/2023  I have the same issue in USA..Keep getting same redirect I have a warranty issue to pursue. And can't navigate the site in English

Hi there, you can slide down the page and change the language, please refer to the picture below.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Amber_IV Posted at 7-29 21:46
Hi all, this issue is still happening to this day and it is not possible for me to change the language at the bottom right (from Canada).

Hi there, sorry for the issue. May I know if you are using the browser on the computer or on the mobile device?
If on the computer, please try to change the country on the main website first, link: https://www.dji.com/ and check again on the bottom right.
If it is not possible to change, please provide a screenshot of your page for me to confirm further. Thank you.
2023-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Amber_IV Posted at 8-4 20:33
Thanks for your reply... I managed to make it word in the end!

Thank you for your reply, it is great to hear that you had worked it out. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2023-8-4
Use props
Rusty Evolution
New

United States

This issue is still happening as of September 2023. The trick of scrolling down and choosing Language does work, but no matter what I do I can not launch the website on my Chromebook in anything but German. If I type in dji.com it jumps to dji.com/de.  I even tried a VPN to spoof my location but that did not work, I am in the Philippines and still get a German webpage.
I guess all we can do is scroll down and chose language but that seems like poor website design. It did load correctly if I log in to my user account, but not if I just want to access the site without logging in.
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Rusty Evolution Posted at 9-15 22:43
This issue is still happening as of September 2023. The trick of scrolling down and choosing Language does work, but no matter what I do I can not launch the website on my Chromebook in anything but German. If I type in dji.com it jumps to dji.com/de.  I even tried a VPN to spoof my location but that did not work, I am in the Philippines and still get a German webpage.
I guess all we can do is scroll down and chose language but that seems like poor website design. It did load correctly if I log in to my user account, but not if I just want to access the site without logging in.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Generally, the official website will record the last region selected by and will not automatically jump next time. This is usually a browser problem. You could clear cookies and try again, or change another brower and try, thanks.
2023-9-15
Use props
lasanat
lvl.1

Pakistan

Although the workaround of scrolling down and selecting the language does function, I'm unable to access the website in any language other than German on my Chromebook, regardless of my efforts. Even when I manually enter "dji.com," it redirects me to "dji.com/de." I attempted using a VPN to change my location, but this did not resolve the issue. Despite being in the Philippines, I continue to encounter a German webpage. https://www.bokma.de/
2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

lasanat Posted at 9-20 02:42
Although the workaround of scrolling down and selecting the language does function, I'm unable to access the website in any language other than German on my Chromebook, regardless of my efforts. Even when I manually enter "dji.com," it redirects me to "dji.com/de." I attempted using a VPN to change my location, but this did not resolve the issue. Despite being in the Philippines, I continue to encounter a German webpage. https://www.bokma.de/

Hi, lasanat. Thank you for reaching out. Is it only happening on your Chromebook? Can you please try using the browser on your phone and make sure that the location on your phone is updated.
2023-9-20
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same issue here no matter which device I try. I have to manually select the correct region by scrolling to the bottom for the page EVERY TIME.
Other websites are fine - it only happens with the DJI site.
Most frustrating.
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

IftiBashir Posted at 11-16 08:57
Same issue here no matter which device I try. I have to manually select the correct region by scrolling to the bottom for the page EVERY TIME.
Other websites are fine - it only happens with the DJI site.
Most frustrating.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you tried the methods we gave above? Did they work for you?
2023-11-16
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-16 23:50
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you tried the methods we gave above? Did they work for you?

Yes I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and select the correct region each time.
Not a biggie, just an inconvenience.
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

IftiBashir Posted at 11-17 00:24
Yes I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and select the correct region each time.
Not a biggie, just an inconvenience.

Did you try different browsers or clean the cache? May we know if you click from different inlets, will it also turn to the Germany page?
2023-11-17
Use props
Floating Bus
New

Philippines

Same. Really irritating.
1-15 08:16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Floating Bus Posted at 1-15 08:16
Same. Really irritating.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. As mentioned above, may I know have you tried different browsers or clean the cache?
1-15 17:42
Use props
Biscuit Head
lvl.1
Australia

Same.  I'm in Australia yet dji.com constantly comes up in German.  It's the only website I've ever seen which does this.
2-11 19:02
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Biscuit Head Posted at 2-11 19:02
Same.  I'm in Australia yet dji.com constantly comes up in German.  It's the only website I've ever seen which does this.

Hi Biscuit Head, sorry for the inconvenience caused. may I know have you tried different browsers or clean the cache to see if it helps?
2-11 19:59
Use props
Biscuit Head
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2-11 19:59
Hi Biscuit Head, sorry for the inconvenience caused. may I know have you tried different browsers or clean the cache to see if it helps?

Yes, and different devices.   These are the languages the DJI website appears in even though I'm in Australia:

• MacBook Pro / Chrome:  German
  • Macbook Pro / Safari:  German
  • iPhone / Safari:  Chinese
2-11 23:45
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Biscuit Head Posted at 2-11 23:45
Yes, and different devices.   These are the languages the DJI website appears in even though I'm in Australia:

Sure thing. We will help you to feedback to our IT support to double-check.

At the same time, you could also try incognito mode on your browser. If you are using the VPN, it is also suggested to turn it off and try again. If no, please ignore. Thanks.
2-12 00:38
Use props
FirstMedic
lvl.2
United States

I am having the same issue.  I can change the language with the link at the very bottom/right of a page, but is there any way to get the site to remember English as my default?

Please make it work like it used to.
2-12 20:22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

FirstMedic Posted at 2-12 20:22
I am having the same issue.  I can change the language with the link at the very bottom/right of a page, but is there any way to get the site to remember English as my default?

Please make it work like it used to.

Hi there, may I know have you tried to deleted the cookies or try on the incognito mode on your browser to see if it helps?

If the issue still persists, please let us know which device you used and what language in default you saw. We will forward to our relevant team to further check on it, thanks.
2-13 00:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules