Is there a larger battery in store for the Air 2s?
2996 9 2022-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

Recognizing that the A2s has been out for at least a year now and tech marches forward, I still wonder if it wouldn't be worth while for Dji to come out with a new battery for the A2s that has more AH, or more fly time? Certainly there is a size constraint with both the propellers and the weight of the battery, but certainly I woud think that they can pack more juice into a smaller frame by now. So that would be a great "after market" sales tool for them if they could capture a portion of the market share with functional accesseories like an improved battery.
Thoughts?
2022-12-4
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

I am interested too if it exists.
2022-12-4
Use props
manowar_gub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1573589 ft
Russia

you can find it in aliexpress. similar batteries with 7500mah can get upto 28 min flytime
2022-12-4
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

manowar_gub Posted at 12-4 09:56
you can find it in aliexpress. similar batteries with 7500mah can get upto 28 min flytime
So.... I pay to purchase a bigger battery with less flight time?
2022-12-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

it's only my opinion but i would think unfortunately the air 2s no longer exists on teh dji radar.  it's not eol in terms of support as there will continue to be software but i believe they are no longer thinking about making such improvements since they have moved on to the future drones and resources are limited.  dji is not into the accessories business and new accessories don't generate significant revenue or gain market share for them so it's unlike they're going to introduce yet another sku to the thousands they already have.  the goal is to reduce, not to increase.  also, replacing it in the kit makes no sense at this stage (for various reasons).

honestly i don't see how adding a few more minutes to a battery really helps that much.  many people (like me) simply use more batteries rather than trying to exhaust each battery.  if you need one hour and a battery gives you 30 minutes, use 3 batteries (instead of 2).  then if each battery gives you 35 minutes, you still need 3.  i hardly ever go below 15 or 20% but that's just me.  the only time i find myself needing every single minute is missions/waypoints where you are making that calculation.

if and when dji improves on that tech, you'll see it in air3.
2022-12-4
Use props
manowar_gub
lvl.2
Russia

Dark Horse Posted at 12-4 10:01
So.... I pay to purchase a bigger battery with less flight time?

my avg flight time in a2s is 20 min
+8 min is nice result for less power effective drone (compared to original a2)
2022-12-4
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

manowar_gub Posted at 12-4 11:30
my avg flight time in a2s is 20 min
+8 min is nice result for less power effective drone (compared to original a2)

Are you flying in Sport mode most of the time?
2022-12-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

These aftermarket type items are out there as pointed out.   Although the juice is rarely worth the squeeze.
2022-12-4
Use props
manowar_gub
lvl.2
Russia

blue_canyon21 Posted at 12-4 18:49
Are you flying in Sport mode most of the time?

nope, landing battery is in 15..28% range for that flytime. I fly only P-mode because adjusted sticks settings for smooth drone movements
2022-12-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Dark Horse. Thank you for your feedback. At the moment, we have not received such information yet. We will forward your suggestions to our related team for evaluation. For relevant updates, kindly check the official DJI website (www.dji.com). Thank you for your interest in DJI. Have a nice day!
2022-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules