DJI RC Controller stuck in "CONNECTING"
2081 3 2022-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
samuelimsm
New
Singapore

Hi, my aircraft is the Mavic 2 Zoom. I am trying to update the firmware on my aircraft and RC as I plan to do some flying for my upcoming holiday. However, I am not able to connect my phone to the RC. When I plug in my phone to the RC, the screen shows "CONNECTING" and it got stuck there. I have done some troubleshooting:

1) Connected my phone using DJI GO 4 app to the RC (Google Pixel 6 Pro)
2) Swapped a few other cables
3) Re-installed the app and tried 1 and 2
4) Used my older phone Google Pixel 2 XL and repeated 1, 2 and 3
5) Used my other phone iPhone 13 Pro Max and repeated 1, 2 and 3

The cables and ports seem to be fine, as I can charge the RC. I suspect it is a firmware issue, but not certain. Hardware wise, nothing seems to be broken or weared out as it is fairly new (2019). Is there a way to update the firmware using PC to RC? All suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.
2022-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, samuelimsm. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We appreciate you giving out the details of the troubleshooting done as well. We highly suggest you refresh or update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. Here are the steps for refreshing the firmware of the drone and the remote controller:
1. On your computer, install the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic from this link.. Once installed, launch the DJI Assistant 2.
2. Connect the drone/remote controller to the computer using a USB cable.
3. Power on the device.  After the software recognizes it, click the device name icon.
4. Select "Firmware Update" from the left-hand side and choose the option to "Update" or "Refresh" whichever is available.
You may also check this tutorial for better visualization:

Once done, kindly try to reconnect the devices. Please keep us updated. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
2022-12-4
Use props
samuelimsm
New
Singapore

Thank you for the response. I have spent hours troubleshooting and did managed to get a finding (but not a solution).

- I updated both firmware on Aircraft and RC to the latest using DJI Assistant 2.
- Re-installed DJI GO 4 app on all my phones.
- RC connects with ALL the phones! Issue resolved... or so I thought.
- Once the controller is switched off, and turned back on, the issue came back again, on ALL phones.

This can be worked around by "downgrading" the version and then updating to the latest version again. But this is ridiculous to perform EACH time you want to switch on your drone to fly. Furthermore when I am travelling, I am not carrying a laptop to use assistant2 to downgrade and upgrade just to fly for 1 session.

TDLR: I managed to replicate the issue, found a workaround but not feasible. Clearly this is a software issue which DJI needs to fix.
2022-12-4
Use props
Thomas Bouchereau
lvl.1
United States

samuelimsm Posted at 2022-12-4 22:25
Thank you for the response. I have spent hours troubleshooting and did managed to get a finding (but not a solution).

- I updated both firmware on Aircraft and RC to the latest using DJI Assistant 2.

I agree a software issue where I haven’t been able to fly for over a year now. Extremely frustrated after paying as much as I have to buy this new from DJI.  
2023-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules