Battery Cycle Count
6799 7 2022-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

I have not flown my Avata much since I got it and I am sure I charged the battery back then.  Just charged again after flying and shut down the system, brought all back up and checked status of the battery.  The serial number is shown but cycle count is blank.  Does the Avata battery not report cycle count?

2022-12-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Cycle count sometimes has a strange attitude. On M300 we use pairs of batteries. I always use the same pairs of batteries which have therefore undergone the same number of recharges and discharges, and yet they display different charge cycles.

On Mavic and Phantom I have already noticed like you that the number of cycles does not always increase after each charge.

I suspect the battery has to drop to a certain level to count this as a cycle.
For example going from 19% to 100% could count as a cycle. However from 20% to 100% does not count as a cycle.

Maybe a bot from DJI or DJI Natalia could explain this to us?
2022-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. Once a flight with the battery does not stand for one cycle, the battery cycle count will normally prompt blank or 0. Also, when the charging electricity reaches a certain value (75%), the number of cycle will increase. In addition, the Battery Cycle will be counted when the battery level is 75% consumed of the capacity mentioned in the official manual, including consumption by the battery's self-discharge. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-5
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-5 01:01
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. Once a flight with the battery does not stand for one cycle, the battery cycle count will normally prompt blank or 0. Also, when the charging electricity reaches a certain value (75%), the number of cycle will increase. In addition, the Battery Cycle will be counted when the battery level is 75% consumed of the capacity mentioned in the official manual, including consumption by the battery's self-discharge. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you. Is this 75% rule valid for every DJI intelligent battery model ?
2022-12-5
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

DJI Paladin, thanks for the info.  I will monitor it as I fly more.
2022-12-5
Use props
djiuser_DMDrI3ww9nnf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505876 ft
Venezuela

Hello Guys:

I would like to calculate the operating cost per cycle of my DJI Avata (including DJI Googles 2 and controller battery life) but I have no idea how many cycles does DJI Avata battery handle before a replace is needed.

I hope you guys can give me a hand. I'm pretty much new in Drones world but this information is really important for me as I plan to start working with it.

Sincerely,

Luis (Venezuela)
2022-12-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ranger7777 Posted at 12-5 07:42
DJI Paladin, thanks for the info.  I will monitor it as I fly more.

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-5 04:41
Thank you. Is this 75% rule valid for every DJI intelligent battery model ?

Thank you for your response. Yes, it is applicable to all Intelligent flight battery. Should you have other inquiries please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for always choosing DJI.
2022-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules