M3P not level when hovering
792 11 2022-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

My M3P is flying slightly off level and dropped to one side so slightly, can it be levelled up anyway?

Can't find anything in the manual.

2022-12-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What makes you say this, by any chance do you have a photo of the drone hovering over a horizontal surface that would demonstrate the tilt?
As far as I am aware something like that would cause the drone to drift to the low side.
Are you by any chance confusing a tilted horizon in imagery with a tilted drone?
If you go to the page https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/ you will find instructions on how to retrieve the flight logs for an affected flight, upload an appropriate log to that webpage and post the resulting URL here, the logs contains information concerning the drone's pitch and roll and from memory the gimbal's pitch and roll.
2022-12-5
Use props
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-5 05:24
What makes you say this, by any chance do you have a photo of the drone hovering over a horizontal surface that would demonstrate the tilt?
As far as I am aware something like that would cause the drone to drift to the low side.
Are you by any chance confusing a tilted horizon in imagery with a tilted drone?

Thank you I haven’t got a pic but I am wondering if it’s slightly breezy the drone compensates to keep the gimbal level? All horizons are fine so definitely not a gimbal issue.
2022-12-5
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PeterIOM Posted at 12-5 06:09
Thank you I haven’t got a pic but I am wondering if it’s slightly breezy the drone compensates to keep the gimbal level? All horizons are fine so definitely not a gimbal issue.

If there is any sort of wind acting on the drone, it will have to lean into the breeze to stop it from moving...

More to the point, if the drone were leaning to one side without any wind, then it would be moving in the direction it's leaning.

It's how drones directionally fly and remain stationary in the air, nothing to do with the gimbal.
2022-12-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 12-5 08:07
If there is any sort of wind acting on the drone, it will have to lean into the breeze to stop it from moving...

More to the point, if the drone were leaning to one side without any wind, then it would be moving in the direction it's leaning.

Actually, thats what the gimbal is for, it should not lean, either the OP has a dodgy drone or the gimbal needs calibrating, its in the menus, cant remember where mind.
If its windy the drone will lean but the gimbal should keep the image level.

FYI, my brand new Mini 2 did this, no matter the amount of calibrating, it would always end up on the plss, i sent it back to Amazon and the replaced it and the new one was great, even in strong winds, i think i did a post about it in the Mini 2 section
2022-12-5
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-5 08:19
Actually, thats what the gimbal is for, it should not lean, either the OP has a dodgy drone or the gimbal needs calibrating, its in the menus, cant remember where mind.

But, he's saying the drone is leaning, not the gimbal. I personally think OP is just dealing with a drone leaning into the wind, but we will see who's right shortly.
2022-12-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-5 08:19

And or the gimbal could be in FPV mode.
2022-12-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wind will cause the drone to lean "into it", as has been said in the posts above.
But the purpose of THIS particular post is to say......

There is an artifical-horizon / attitude-indicator available in the app, it's probably in the upper right corner of the map that sits in the power left corner of the screen. It is useful for checking how much a drone is having to lean to fight the wind.
2022-12-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-5 08:26
And or the gimbal could be in FPV mode.

Good point, i forget about that cause i don't ever use it :/
2022-12-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-5 20:06
Good point, i forget about that cause i don't ever use it :/

It's interesting at times to switch to FPV just to see what the drone is doing to fight wind.
2022-12-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-6 11:53
It's interesting at times to switch to FPV just to see what the drone is doing to fight wind.

To be honest, i actually forget about that feature, i do use the Flight Attitude Radar for keeping an eye on the wind though
2022-12-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. To isolate your concern and provide you with a resolution, may we ask for a video showing the issue? If possible, we need to see the drone's behavior for analysis. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules