Flying to a waypoint
1792 4 2022-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FT Site Eng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1765587 ft
United Kingdom

I know how to create a mission where the Mavic 3E will fly a route consisting of waypoints,stops at each waypoint and takes a photo.

I know how to create a mission where the Mavic 3E will fly to stored waypoints, and then onto the next one.

What i want to do is fly to a waypoint and stop, without having to quickly press the pause button at, what i hope is the correct point.  I can then take a spherical photo in the same position, week on week.

Is this possible?

2022-12-5
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

If you only have one waypoint, you can set "Exit task" under "Upon Completion". Then the drone will stop at that point and you can take pictures manually.
2022-12-5
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

What pspec said. just make 1 waypoint, and set it to exit the task once it gets there...easypeasy. Good to know they left pano photo mode in the M3E (they dropped it from GS RTK for the P4R).
2022-12-5
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157133 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can also set an action at the waypoint to wait for X number of seconds. So what I do in a multi-waypoint mission where I need photos at each is set each waypoint to wait for 10 seconds. When the drone reaches the waypoint, it stops,

I hit pause
I frame up my shot and take the photo
I hit the play button and choose to continue at next waypoint.

It immediately shoots over to the next waypoint and I do that for my ten or so waypoints around a build site.

Hope that helps.
2022-12-21
Use props
NYSubway18
lvl.1
United States

Curious if you found a solution to this... I just got the MP3 and I need to do a whole series of 360s, and photos from the same spots multiple times. I tried pausing the mission but it won't let me access the 360 menu while "planning a mission"... even though I was just playing the mission. I really just want to manually be able to step through the waypoints.
2023-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules