Mavic 2 dropped out of the sky
678 5 2022-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nogravity
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161437 ft

United States

Hello frequent fliers a couple days ago I was flying my drone out catching some surfers as I usually do when all of a sudden the drone does a death spiral and plummeted to the bottom of the ocean to say hello to Davy Jones locker I’m curious if this is happened to anybody and also why this may have happened I’ve talked to a few people and they think one of the motors had failed which caused the death spiral. DJI is only offering me 15% off a new drone which will cost me $1300 to replace. I don’t really see this being a good option as this seems to be a manufacturer error.  We tried to dive a couple times to retrieve the drone but I’ve been unsuccessful. I’m curious also if we find the drown and send it back while I get a better discount. Attached is the last flight log.
2022-12-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident. We're able to pull up your case using your Forum account. Kindly note that if the unit is within the warranty period, data analysis can be applied to determine the cause. We believe the team has sent you the resolution via email and you accepted the offer. Thank you.
2022-12-5
Use props
Nogravity
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 12-5 16:06
Hi there. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident. We're able to pull up your case using your Forum account. Kindly note that if the unit is within the warranty period, data analysis can be applied to determine the cause. We believe the team has sent you the resolution via email and you accepted the offer. Thank you.

Hello I was able to recover the drone, it just fell out of the sky I have the video to prove it
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Nogravity Posted at 12-12 02:14
Hello I was able to recover the drone, it just fell out of the sky I have the video to prove it

Hi there. We appreciate you reaching out for the update. However, please note that the unit is out of warranty period, we regret to inform you that we are unable to proceed with the free data analysis service. We believe that the team has offered you the offer and confirmed you have accepted it. May we know if you have received the quotation? Thank you.
2022-12-12
Use props
Nogravity
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 12-12 07:49
Hi there. We appreciate you reaching out for the update. However, please note that the unit is out of warranty period, we regret to inform you that we are unable to proceed with the free data analysis service. We believe that the team has offered you the offer and confirmed you have accepted it. May we know if you have received the quotation? Thank you.

Hi I reached out and DJI asked me to send it in as we were able to recover it so I am waiting for the reply
2022-12-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Nogravity Posted at 12-15 23:54
Hi I reached out and DJI asked me to send it in as we were able to recover it so I am waiting for the reply

Thank you for the update. I was able to pull up and double-check your new repair request on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Based on what I can see on the tracking number, the package is still in transit. Rest assured that once our corresponding team successfully scanned and received the package, you will be notified and the unit will also proceed to the next step of the process. Thank you for your patience.
2022-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules