12Next >
5801 49 2022-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arint04
lvl.1

India

Hi,

I read on the forum that Mavic 3 Classic recently got the Adjustable Speed Cine Mode (Tripod mode?).
I want to buy a couple of Mini 3 Pros. My budget doesn't permit the Mavic 3 Classic. DJI insiders do
earnestly reply on these forums. So, I would like to know if the "Tripod mode" is coming to the
DJI Mini 3 Pro? Is it in works? When can we expect it to be released? This feature  is my make or break thing.

Thank you.
2022-12-5
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

How is Cine mode different from Tripod mode?
2022-12-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sensitive fingers make a good video possible!  Cine mode makes that even simpler.
2022-12-5
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Amit Dunsky Posted at 12-5 12:05
How is Cine mode different from Tripod mode?

Tripod mode is much slower and smoother than the M3P current cinema mode. It is coming soon.
2022-12-5
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,
To this day, no one knows. The response from the forum moderators is "we don't have any information, it's not planned, stay tuned on the official DJI website to be informed"

Above all, do not buy a DJI drone while expecting an upgrade that may never happen. Go see the other brands. If you have special needs like tripod mode, my personal opinion is that a used Mavic 2 Pro will give you more satisfaction than the mini 3 still in development. At least the tripod exists and works well on M2.
2022-12-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Philip Bloom ran test versions and got DJI to successfully roll it out onto the Mavic 3.
The thinking was it'll be out for the Mini 3 as well but with DJIs recent history of software cripples i doubt they'll bother.
2022-12-5
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

primeshooter Posted at 12-5 12:22
Tripod mode is much slower and smoother than the M3P current cinema mode. It is coming soon.

I just set the Gain/Expo values to match my needs. Is there anything else Tripod Mode offers, other than slower speed (in which axes)?
2022-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 DJI Please add this.  
2022-12-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

This would be a great addition for the Mini 3 Pro.  Hopefully, DJI will make this happen.
2022-12-6
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939347 ft
Canada

Maximum speed adjustments on the right stick in cine mode would be a fantastic setting to have on the mini3 "pro". Not sure why it is not already there.
2022-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Arint04. Thank you for reaching out. The Tripod mode from the old drone models is now called Cine mode to the newest drones. Under this mode you can set the max angular velocity, Yaw smoothness (For aircraft); Max control speed(tilt), and Tilt smoothness (For gimbal). Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2022-12-6
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

Can someone explain what tripod mode should be, please? - taking the risk that I will afterwards miss something that I do not miss so far :-)
2022-12-6
Use props
Arint04
lvl.1

India

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 23:04
Hi, Arint04. Thank you for reaching out. The Tripod mode from the old drone models is now called Cine mode to the newest drones. Under this mode you can set the max angular velocity, Yaw smoothness (For aircraft); Max control speed(tilt), and Tilt smoothness (For gimbal). Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Hi Gamora,

Thank you for responding but you probably misunderstood my question. Do the settings you mention have the "Max Horizontal Speed" slider that can be set to a minimum of 1 m/s (2.24 mph)?

This setting was not available on the newly released Mavic 3 Classic as well but after user uproar & a petition led by Phillip Bloom an update was released where it was included. This, though it is not named so, is essentially the "Tripod Mode" everyone is talking about. I have heard that it was previously always there in DJI drones & for some unfathomable reason it was removed in later drones.

I am ok if something like Cruise Control is not given in the Mini 3 Pro for segmentation purposes but Tripod mode is such a basic, "beginner friendly" thing that it has to be there. So can you please confirm or deny if this update is in works & is upcoming? As mentioned in first post that is the one feature that  makes or breaks my buy decision.

Thank you.
2022-12-8
Use props
Arint04
lvl.1

India

ElleKN Posted at 12-6 23:11
Can someone explain what tripod mode should be, please? - taking the risk that I will afterwards miss something that I do not miss so far :-)

The Tripod Mode used to previously be on DJI drones & was later replaced by the Cine Mode. However, the Cine Mode could not be set to be as "slow" as the old Tripod Mode allowed.

Recently when an update was released the Mavic 3 & Classic got the "super slow speed adjustment setting" in the Cine Mode. Courtesy of this setting the "Maximum Horizontal Speed" of the Drone could be set to as low as 1 m/s. This may not really be useful at high altitudes as it would look like the drone is hardly moving but it is extremely amazing at low altitudes like waist height, shoulder height etc.

If you want to check out what I mean please search on youtube "mavic 3 classic tripod mode philip bloom".
2022-12-8
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Very low speeds and accelerations with full deflections.  Very damped controls.
It allowed for very precise flying in confined spaces such as valleys, forests, indoors and so on.
It cant be replicated in Cine mode no matter how much you try to adjust it - its still too far and too jerky.

I use tripod mode on my M2P a lot for that reason.  Ive never used Cine mode on the Mini 3 also for the above version.

Id be surprised if DJI bother bringing it to the Mini though.  Although its a few lines of code (that are already written) it would mean one less USP for the Mavic 3.  The way they're structuring products now i cant see them offering an upgrade for free.
2022-12-8
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

The maximum flight speed can be limited through the computer, I have 4.8m / s
2022-12-8
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Its not just maximum flight speed (and 4.8m/sec is still about 5x too fast for tripod mode).
Its the entire damping of acceleration and response of the controls which you cant replicate with the expo functions at all.

Its still far too jerky and snappy for close in, confined space work or smooth footage in such an area, especially without side sensors.
2022-12-8
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

gnirtS Posted at 12-8 05:12
Its not just maximum flight speed (and 4.8m/sec is still about 5x too fast for tripod mode).
Its the entire damping of acceleration and response of the controls which you cant replicate with the expo functions at all.

I can do even less speed. This is configurable.
2022-12-8
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

ITs configurable but nowhere near as low as tripod mode and more importantly, absolutely no way to damping the response and acceleration curves of the control in the way tripod mode can.
Its not just about maximum speed.
All expo settings on Cine result in flight far jerkier than the tripod modes have provided on any drone (which i suspect is why they brought it back after Philip Bloom petitioning them - the behaviour cant be replicated in cine settings).
2022-12-8
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wished M3P had the old 'Tripod Mode' or reduced speed settings for Cine, to make indoor flying a little less scary.../edit: this was shot with unofficial wideangle and propeller guards..

2022-12-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

AVsupport Posted at 12-8 21:04
Wished M3P had the old 'Tripod Mode' or reduced speed settings for Cine, to make indoor flying a little less scary.../edit: this was shot with unofficial wideangle and propeller guards..

https://youtu.be/x1fmkV2YcCs

THAT is a great video!  : )  Makes me want to try their product!
2022-12-8
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Amit Dunsky Posted at 12-5 22:55
I just set the Gain/Expo values to match my needs. Is there anything else Tripod Mode offers, other than slower speed (in which axes)?

As the other told, the old Tripod mode like within the Air2 fly less meter in the the time or much slower with the same stick pressure.
You never can get as slow in the Cine mode as in the Tripod, cine mode is much faster.
In the end you can manualy fly a paralax smoth as hell, in cine mode it is much difficult to get a 100% shot.
Even with tweaks in the seetings it is not that what tripod mode is.

So DJI gets so much ffedback to bring that back, that i thought DJI is deaf on both ears.
2022-12-9
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

AVsupport Posted at 12-8 21:04

Did you turn all obsticals off and how did you set the rth hight values?
Thanks Guido
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Arint04 Posted at 12-8 04:32
Hi Gamora,

Thank you for responding but you probably misunderstood my question. Do the settings you mention have the "Max Horizontal Speed" slider that can be set to a minimum of 1 m/s (2.24 mph)?

Hi, Arint04. Thank you for the reply. Below are the detailed speed information for the Cine Mode. Unfortunately, it can't be set manually, but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and valued support
2022-12-12
Use props
Hartsideman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498855 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 23:04

but the above cine mode  is NOT tripod mode its way to fast in metres per second and you cannot slow down that speed   , you have introduced it for the 3 classic by allowing the adjustment of the speed . we need this on the mini 3 PRO  please ..  along with Waypoint flights  and allowing a user to download a decent sized offline map ....
2022-12-12
Use props
Hartsideman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498855 ft
United Kingdom

Arint04 Posted at 12-8 04:32
Hi Gamora,

im with you mate , we need the adjustability for 1 metre per second it really cant be that hard ....
2022-12-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hartsideman Posted at 12-12 16:01
im with you mate , we need the adjustability for 1 metre per second   it really cant be that hard ....

I thought tripod mode is 2.5m/s or 5.6mph, that's what the P4P does.
2022-12-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-12 02:37
Hi, Arint04. Thank you for the reply. Below are the detailed speed information for the Cine Mode. Unfortunately, it can't be set manually, but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and valued support
[view_image]

That is too fast for the Tripod equivalent mode, Cine, for the P4P tripod mode max speed is 2.5m/s (5.6mph)
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hartsideman Posted at 12-12 15:57
but the above cine mode  is NOT tripod mode its way to fast in metres per second and you cannot slow down that speed   , you have introduced it for the 3 classic by allowing the adjustment of the speed . we need this on the mini 3 PRO  please ..  along with Waypoint flights  and allowing a user to download a decent sized offline map ....

Hi, Hartsideman. Thank you for the insights. Your suggestions regarding the adjustment of speed and a decent-sized offline map have been forwarded already. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 12-12 19:44
That is too fast for the Tripod equivalent mode, Cine, for the P4P tripod mode max speed is 2.5m/s (5.6mph)

Hi, Bashy. We appreciate your insight. Rest assured that I have forwarded Arint04's suggestion to our relevant team. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-13
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MavGuido Posted at 12-9 00:35
Did you turn all obsticals off and how did you set the rth hight values?
Thanks Guido

obstacle avoidance off, rth=hover, propeller guards. there wasn't a lot of satellites around..definitely would have appreciated 2.5m/s max speed in there 6 is scary

2022-12-26
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 335062 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Is there any news about the tripod mod being implemented in DJI mini 3 pro?  I miss this feature so much. Since mini has PRO name and it was more expensive it should have it. It is so bad that DJI is crippeling features on purpose.

Please include it in the firmware...the CINE mode is not near good as the old tripod mode.
2023-1-17
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Guessing not.  Looks like a software cripple.
They released it for the Mavic 3 but not for the "cheaper" drone.

Its a few numbers on a line of code to change.  Changes they've already made for the Mavic 3.

Also note theres no way it'll get a C classification in Europe without it - the "low speed mode" is much slower than Cine offers.  Needs to be < 3msec for it to qualify.
2023-1-17
Use props
desertrat21
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-13 23:44
Hi, Bashy. We appreciate your insight. Rest assured that I have forwarded Arint04's suggestion to our relevant team. Thank you for your valued support.

I'd politely like to request this as well. I intend to take advantage of the mini 3 pro's size by using it in dense forest understory and I need slower minimum rates in order to do so effectively. Close proximity to foreground subjects requires slow precision as quick movements are much more discernible. A Mavic is too large to satisfy my use case. I need both small size and slow rates... certainly slower than cine mode currently provides. If DJI can fix this... I'll add a Mini 3 pro to my fleet immediately.
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

desertrat21 Posted at 1-18 07:50
I'd politely like to request this as well. I intend to take advantage of the mini 3 pro's size by using it in dense forest understory and I need slower minimum rates in order to do so effectively. Close proximity to foreground subjects requires slow precision as quick movements are much more discernible. A Mavic is too large to satisfy my use case. I need both small size and slow rates... certainly slower than cine mode currently provides. If DJI can fix this... I'll add a Mini 3 pro to my fleet immediately.

Hi, desertrat21. Thank you for reaching out. I will take it as a suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-1-21
Use props
David Lewin
lvl.2

Isle of Man

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-6 23:04

Thanks, but DJI really need to allow users to set the number *lower than 10*, which is the current minimum - this is still too fast. Please pass this on.
2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

David Lewin Posted at 1-23 11:59
Thanks, but DJI really need to allow users to set the number *lower than 10*, which is the current minimum - this is still too fast. Please pass this on.

Hi, David. Thank you for your suggestion. No worries, I'll be more than happy to forward this as well. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-24
Use props
David Lewin
lvl.2

Isle of Man

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-24 03:05
Hi, David. Thank you for your suggestion. No worries, I'll be more than happy to forward this as well. Thank you for your support.

Thank you DJI Gamora, appreciated.
2023-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

David Lewin Posted at 1-24 12:23
Thank you DJI Gamora, appreciated.

Hi, David. You're most welcome. Have a safe flight always!
2023-1-24
Use props
MiRu01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478917 ft
Germany

While we are talking about it:

Did anybody encounter this Problem as well:

When I start my Mini 3 Pro with the Controller (RC) in Cine Mode, my drone doesn't give a crap about cine but goes full Normal Mode, all the time.
I have to switch back and forth multiple times before the Mini recognices it should go easy and smooth.
2023-1-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules