DJI O3 - better range/penetration in manual vs auto channel mode
4812 5 2022-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robomaniac
lvl.2
Canada

Have you guys had time to compare automatic vs manual settings

I set my goggles 2 to channel 1 with 40mhz bandwith and it seems I get better range and penetration then flying with goggles set to automatic

if I set to manual does it mean I am only in 5.8ghz? that is grey out and can't change it. The menu show mw 5.8ghz, this mean I am in 5.8Ghz only or else the menu would show 5.8/2.4Ghz or something like that.

auto

auto

when I did those print screen, I set to auto then back to manual and it was on channel 2. I set it to channel 1 because I want the lowest frequency possible.

manual

manual

This theory needs more testing. I will get to my flying spot where I know the in's and out and will fly back to back to compare the 2.
It all started when it was set to auto and the video feed frooze for too long and I disarm and behind my shed the camera lag. 2 place this should of never happen.
I then change to manual and when to my flying spot, everything was better then my v2 goggles. I also had my right oled stop working and had to reboot. So I am questionning the hardware. Will keep testing and keep you guys posted.
yes I have latest firmware

what you guys think?

2022-12-5
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From my understanding of the system. The video link from the O3 Air Unit is only 5.8 GHz and the communication for the FPV Remote 2 is both 2.4 GHz-5.8 GHz.
2022-12-6
Use props
robomaniac
lvl.2
Canada

DubSound Posted at 12-6 02:26
From my understanding of the system. The video link from the O3 Air Unit is only 5.8 GHz and the communication for the FPV Remote 2 is both 2.4 GHz-5.8 GHz.

ok this make sense, thank you
2022-12-6
Use props
robomaniac
lvl.2
Canada

ok I confirm 100% that manual mode is the way to go. I tested back to back and oh boy I am lucky I figure this out. I am editing a video to show the difference. It's major. Use the same settings in the print screen and thanks me later
2022-12-6
Use props
djiuser_LSethc30Tgkd
lvl.2

United States

robomaniac Posted at 2022-12-6 09:18
ok I confirm 100% that manual mode is the way to go. I tested back to back and oh boy I am lucky I figure this out. I am editing a video to show the difference. It's major. Use the same settings in the print screen and thanks me later

I know this post is old . We’re you getting better distance along with video feed in manual
2023-9-2
Use props
fansbabf06f46
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_LSethc30Tgkd Posted at 9-2 16:36
I know this post is old . We’re you getting better distance along with video feed in manual

yes and I am still in that mode. Try it.
2023-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules