581 8 2022-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GitGud
lvl.1
Flight distance : 159029 ft

Slovenia

Hello!

When I turn my Mavic Mini controller on it continuously beeps. That is probably because it needs an RC calibration.

The funny part is that when I connect it to my phone, the RC dies when it connects to the phone.

I have attached a video of the thing happening.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3ZMCAvAELPU

I have charged the battery to the fullest and have reinstalled the software via the Assistant app.

I would appreciate any help or insight on what could be wrong and what I can do to fix it.

Thank you very much for your support!
2022-12-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you dismantled and rebuilt that controller?
I ask beacuse when you switch it on and the light are flashing they seem yo me visible between the arms and well as from above and they should not be visible between the arms.
2022-12-6
Use props
GitGud
lvl.1

Slovenia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-6 18:21
Have you dismantled and rebuilt that controller?
I ask beacuse when you switch it on and the light are flashing they seem yo me visible between the arms and well as from above and they should not be visible between the arms.

Yes, I have opened the controller and changed the battery. Sadly the same issue was present before the opening/battery change.

Do you have any other suggestions on what could I try?
2022-12-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the USB type A socket on the side of the controller for dirt or damage etc. that might be causing a short and some sort of self protection shut down in the controller. Also check the plug  for similar. Try another cable but note it may need to be an OTG cable.
2022-12-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . If the said remote controller is already out of warranty, we suggest purchasing a new one as the price of the repair is more likely the same as when you buy a new RC. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-7
Use props
GitGud
lvl.1

Slovenia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-6 21:59
Check the USB type A socket on the side of the controller for dirt or damage etc. that might be causing a short and some sort of self protection shut down in the controller. Also check the plug  for similar. Try another cable but note it may need to be an OTG cable.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried replacing the IO board with a different one, and the result is the same, so the problem is not with a USB connector. I will also try with other cable, but I don't think that is the problem.

Thank you for your time,  I would appreciate any other suggestions
2022-12-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get another controller? They are selling fairly cheaply on ebay UK at the moment,  £20 - £30, there's one currently around £6. I don't know what the prices are like in Slovenia
2022-12-8
Use props
GitGud
lvl.1

Slovenia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-8 05:27
Get another controller? They are selling fairly cheaply on ebay UK at the moment,  £20 - £30, there's one currently around £6. I don't know what the prices are like in Slovenia

Thank you for the suggestion, but the drone was bought in Canada and it doesn't work with EU controllers (unless there is some trick to make it work).

Would appreciate any other suggestions so it doesn't become e-waste
2022-12-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GitGud Posted at 12-9 05:36
Thank you for the suggestion, but the drone was bought in Canada and it doesn't work with EU controllers (unless there is some trick to make it work).

Would appreciate any other suggestions so it doesn't become e-waste

Look for the FCC version of the controller, MR1SS5 ?,  possibly from an American seller.
2022-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules