Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin failure, help?
3852 9 2015-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adamonline
lvl.1
Australia

My ronin has the latest firmware and the thumb controller add-on, I've used it for 3 seperate shoots since the upgrade without a single flaw.

While on set this week we used the ronin with the RED on day 1 of a 3 day shoot and it was flawless.
On day 2 we turned the ronin on and nothing happened, no motor power, no Bluetooth connectivity - only a power indicator on the battery - that's all.

I plugged in the laptop and it seems to connect - shows firmware versions etc but nothing is responsive. Ronin is still not powering up.
Motor kill is not on, I was hoping that's all it was.
I can hear the normal gyro sound coming from the unit-but no motor power.

What do I do?
Is there a hard reset on the Ronin?
Can I force a firmware update just to see if it's corrupt or something?

I've tried it with 3 batteries and no change.
2015-8-14
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

1. Please check whther the battery is tightly inserted on the Ronin
2. Click on "Default" at the assistant software to see if it helps
3. Make sure the cable is properly inserted at the GCU port, and you can also try to press the outside black cable to see if it works
At last, if you did all the troubleshooting, I am afraid that your Ronin needs repair
2015-8-14
Use props
adamonline
lvl.1
Australia

Tried all those steps - still no good.

What exactly needs repair? What has happened to it do you think?

2015-8-14
Use props
adamonline
lvl.1
Australia

2015-8-14
Use props
adamonline
lvl.1
Australia

Why does it say firmware version 5.1? I tried re-flashing 3 times...no change.
Says its 5.1 still
2015-8-14
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

adamonline Posted at 2015-8-15 11:43
Tried all those steps - still no good.

What exactly needs repair? What has happened to it do you th ...

Not sure, maybe the IMU or the inside cable, it requires a further check
2015-8-15
Use props
adamonline
lvl.1
Thailand

I have emailed support for instructions on how to return.
Thank you Cathy
2015-8-16
Use props
JibGuy
lvl.1

United States

I'm in bad place with DJI as well.  I have a Ronin that started spinning violently and then would not event turn on.  I sent it in to the repair location where it's been sitting for 1month, not checked in, not anything.  Then they are giving me an 8week turn around time once it's checked in.  I've tried getting my unit back to send out for third party repairs and they won't even do that!  I'm stuck and screwed.  With this terrible support I probably will sell my Ronin and buy a Movi once I get it back.  If they have such a huge repair wait list, it clearly means you bought into crappy company.  
2015-8-19
Use props
adamonline
lvl.1
Singapore

Cathy,

I just got a quote from DHL to send my Ronin back to you in Hong Kong - its $570.61 AUD!!! There is no way I'm paying that because of a failure.
Your support team is extremely slow in responding to my emails, I use this for a business - its not a toy that I can go without.

I need someone to actually be interested in helping me here
2015-8-19
Use props
adamonline
lvl.1
Singapore

Support aren't helping at all. The Chinese phone number doesn't work - I hear the music (on hold) and then they hang up on me after being on hold for a minute. I've called 5 times!!!
Email support has stopped writing to me. This is ridiculous.

I am in the process of reporting DJI to the Australian Consumer Affairs to try and get some weight behind me.
I'm a professional who's spent over $10k with DJI over the years and the first time I have a problem I'm on my own! Disgusting!
2015-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules