Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Woes with the Pocket 2 waterproof case
3037 31 2022-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I am opening this topic again on a different thread due to not receiving answer from DJI despite posting the video demonstrating my problems (It is embedded with the post at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =277938&pid=2895670 )

I'll have to say I would have been very peeved if I had paid 60 euros for this case.

Practically every time I am attempting to use it, I am having problems with fitting both the anti-fog insert and the Pocket 2, and also with the Pocket 2 acting weirdly (probably due to buttons being pressed the wrong way due to the case being overly tight).

Last Saturday, I attempted to do a filter test, where I was supposed to take four video clips. What resulted was I had 38 file items - 38! - of various video clips, slo-mo clips and still pictures due to the camera starting and stopping recording unintentionally due to this design flaw, and to top that off, only one of my intended clips turned out to be okay. In other cases, the clip recording was completely stopped or paused in the same file in a way that ruined my shooting.

Today, I attempted to do the same tests again, and had 31 file items - of which only three were the video clips intended to be the shot. Well, at least the material was usable this time.

The problems include the following:
- Trouble inserting/removing the Pocket 2 and the insert into/from the case
- Buttons not working or working in an unintended way (for instance, the mode button starts recording and the record button switches modes and/or turns the Pocket 2 on or off)
- The camera starting/stopping recoding, switching modes and/or turning on/off when the case is turned or when inserting/removing the Pocket 2 and the insert into/from the case.
- Unexpected notifications appearing on the display when the Pocket 2 is in the case (such as 'Recenter' and 'Initializing SD card')
None of these problems occur when the Pocket 2 is in the case by itself, without the Anti-Fog insert. So it must be about the Pocket 2 being too tight in the case when the insert is also in.

I would like to know if I'm doing something wrong with the case, insert and/or the Pocket 2 and is there is a way to remedy the situation. If so, how?

To see more about this, refer to the video post link above and the post at the same thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =277938&pid=2916179

Thanks in advance for your reply, really wish to find solutions for this problem as it is otherwise a very solid-feeling and functional case.

2022-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope someone in the DJI dept is going to investigate this!
2022-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Maybe you can contact this user https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid2923406 he is also posting underwater stuff.
2022-12-9
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-6 23:51
I hope someone in the DJI dept is going to investigate this!

I certainly hope so, but for now, it looks like somebody there has forgotten to reply even after sending the video. Hopefully it's not intentional.
2022-12-10
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-9 01:45
Maybe you can contact this user https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=280831&pid=2923406&page=1&extra=#pid2923406 he is also posting underwater stuff.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to ask if they have problems with theirs and if they have managed to solve them somehow
2022-12-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 12-10 08:47
I certainly hope so, but for now, it looks like somebody there has forgotten to reply even after sending the video. Hopefully it's not intentional.

Not too promising!
2022-12-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 12-10 08:48
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to ask if they have problems with theirs and if they have managed to solve them somehow

You're welcome!
2022-12-10
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Yes, I am a bit worried about it. Could give them another hint to check my case.
2022-12-11
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Thanks, asked them and seems like they have had no problems due to not using the anti-fog inserts. Just need to wonder if I should investigate the issue further or just ditch the inserts from the equation.
2022-12-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 12-11 14:16
Thanks, asked them and seems like they have had no problems due to not using the anti-fog inserts. Just need to wonder if I should investigate the issue further or just ditch the inserts from the equation.

Maybe that is a quick fix.
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, HGDC84. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the late response. We have forwarded your concerns about the Pocket 2 Waterproof case to our relevant team for further checking. We will get back to you once we received feedback from them. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-12-12
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-11 23:46
Maybe that is a quick fix.

Will have to see what feedback I will receive from the DJi representatives, it seems like they now have started to investigate it further after reminding them about the issue.
2022-12-12
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-12 02:23
Hi, HGDC84. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the late response. We have forwarded your concerns about the Pocket 2 Waterproof case to our relevant team for further checking. We will get back to you once we received feedback from them. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Thanks, will await for your response. It mostly feels like a good case, but the insert problem makes it feel cumbersome. But maybe you will find out a solution for it?
2022-12-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 12-12 14:29
Will have to see what feedback I will receive from the DJi representatives, it seems like they now have started to investigate it further after reminding them about the issue.

I hope you will get a satisfactory answer
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 12-12 14:30
Thanks, will await for your response. It mostly feels like a good case, but the insert problem makes it feel cumbersome. But maybe you will find out a solution for it?

Hi, HGDC84. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Problems mentioned above are appearing because of the wrong insertion. Please see the recommended steps for inserting the DJI Pocket 2 into the waterproof case in the photos below:

Please note to insert the Anti-fog insert and the DJI Pocket 2 at the same time otherwise Anti-fog insert will not be placed properly in the case and it will be a faulty trigger for the power button or other function. Please do not push or remove the Anti-fog insert once it is fastened in place, after that, please double-check if the function of the button works fine or not.

When the waterproof case is mounted and the Button 1 is pressed, the DJI Pocket 2 power button will be triggered, which will cause the device to power on automatically. We recommend that after the waterproof case is mounted, press and hold Button 1 to power off DJI Pocket 2, and restart it.

We hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-13
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-12 23:40
I hope you will get a satisfactory answer

I'll see about it, at least they have now replied :-)
2022-12-14
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-13 05:01
Hi, HGDC84. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. Problems mentioned above are appearing because of the wrong insertion. Please see the recommended steps for inserting the DJI Pocket 2 into the waterproof case in the photos below:
[view_image]
[view_image]

Thanks for your reply, I'll try it out and see if that helps. Will report about my test results in the nearby future. Did try inserting them at the same time and did still experience some trouble, but maybe I should have followed the pictures more closely (placing the case on a table in a way presented by the pictures before inserting the Pocket 2 and the insert etc.). But I'll write more here when I have tried further.
2022-12-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 12-14 15:16
I'll see about it, at least they have now replied :-)

That is something
2022-12-15
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-13 05:01
[view_image]
[view_image]

Here is an update to the situation:

As you can see in the video, I attempted to insert both the anti-fog insert and the Pocket 2 at the same time. Also, like shown in the pictures you sent, I removed the data port cover and the bottom part of the Pocket 2, and also otherwise tried to follow the instructions exactly as you adviced. However, I still had the forementioned problems - the Pocket 2 and the insert were only halfway in when it started to feel too tight and the camera turned on, and I wasn't able to use the buttons like they were supposed to work.

Any suggestions what I should try next? Or something else I am still doing wrong?

2022-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 12-15 17:23
Here is an update to the situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqwILB3b2yQ

As you can see in the video, I attempted to insert both the anti-fog insert and the Pocket 2 at the same time. Also, like shown in the pictures you sent, I removed the data port cover and the bottom part of the Pocket 2, and also otherwise tried to follow the instructions exactly as you adviced. However, I still had the forementioned problems - the Pocket 2 and the insert were only halfway in when it started to feel too tight and the camera turned on, and I wasn't able to use the buttons like they were supposed to work.

Hi, HGDC84. Thank you for providing an updated video. We have forwarded it to our relevant team for further recommendations. We'll get back to you once we receive an update. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-12-17
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-17 04:23
Hi, HGDC84. Thank you for providing an updated video. We have forwarded it to our relevant team for further recommendations. We'll get back to you once we receive an update. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Thanks for your reply, will await for further advice.
2022-12-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 12-17 04:24
Thanks for your reply, will await for further advice.

Hi, HGDC84. Thank you for patiently waiting. Our relevant team is asking for the Serial Number of your Pocket 2. Kindly PM us the details. Thank you for your cooperation. Happy Holidays!
2022-12-23
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-23 23:21
Hi, HGDC84. Thank you for patiently waiting. Our relevant team is asking for the Serial Number of your Pocket 2. Kindly PM us the details. Thank you for your cooperation. Happy Holidays!

Will do that, thanks and happy holidays! :-)
2022-12-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 2022-12-24 05:31
Will do that, thanks and happy holidays! :-)

Hi, HGDC84. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please check your inbox. Thank you.
2023-1-3
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-3 16:44
Hi, HGDC84. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please check your inbox. Thank you.

Thanks for your repli DJI Gamora. Checked the PM and replied. Awaiting for further response.
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 1-4 05:46
Thanks for your repli DJI Gamora. Checked the PM and replied. Awaiting for further response.

Hi there. We have replied to your PM. Kindly check. Thank you.
2023-1-9
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-9 17:01
Hi there. We have replied to your PM. Kindly check. Thank you.

PM checked, will await for further reply, though I have already sent the Pocket 2 and the Water-Proof case for you. Would still like to know about the upcoming costs though.
2023-1-10
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Issues solved, got the repair/replacement free of charge. But there were a couple of things to keep eyes open for and take action with - without them, I would have lost 87 euros for a repair that was covered under warranty. See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=283619 for more details.

Thanks for DJI for taking their mistake back and allowing me to have my right for warranty
2023-1-18
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Received the Pocket 2 and the water-proof case back today. Unfortunately, after testing them again, it seems like the same issues still arise. The warranty report said it detected a clamp-related issue, but I can't see how it would affect the overall tightness of the case. So I'll have to conclude it unfortunately is a flawed design. Without the anti-fog insert, it works just fine, but with one it always ends up having problems. I guess I'll just either have to use it without the insert or deal with the problems and triple-check each time I attempt to use the case with one.
2023-1-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

And another update. Sent it to service again, took another couple of weeks, this time the Pocket 2 was replaced with a new unit. Claimed there were no faults in the water-proof case itself. Came back today.

While the Pocket 2 and the anti-fog insert fitted a bit better in, the button malfunctions still appeared. Therefore, I have to conclude the case is a flawed design and cannot be heled by anything short of redesigning parts for the Pocket 2, the case or both.

And actually, my father found out that if the control port cover of the Pocket 2 were a bit thicker, then it would prevent the buttons being accidentally activated (the buttons are the thickest part of the Pocket 2, and that causes them to bump into the case and be activated the wrong ways when pressed, or sometimes even when not pressed!). My father suggested me to make a modification to the forementioned cover, I will see if I find suitable material and will come up with a follow-up thread if/when I have gotten it done.

Contacted the DJI Support and will try to negotiate for a compensation, and for possible suggestions for redesigning. We'll see what they will say.
2023-2-21
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

And another status update: managed to get a small but bearable compensation for my problems. Will commence with the modding operation later on, will likely make a new thread for it once done. Other than these things, the Pocket 2 and the water-proof case seem to work fine.
2023-2-22
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Done with the mod, seems to have solved the issue for good. :-) See the instructions at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=285783
2023-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules