DJI FPV REMOTE CONTROLLER 2 custom mode?
2074 14 2022-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulc85
lvl.1
Italy

Hello everybody,

sorry if I open a new thread.

I am new in the drone world and specifically talking about FPV one.

At the moment I have a DJI AVATA with REMOTE CONTROLLER 2.
After put in in M, following the instructions, I recognized that except choose Mode 1/2/3, I can't make any specific customization (I need to invert left with right of the same stick, otherwise I cannot use it properly).
Anyone knows if this will be allowed with the next firmware releases?

Thanks for the attention

2022-12-6
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just turn on Goggles, Controller 2 and  Aircraft....go to menu on Goggles, select Settings -> Control -> Remote Control -> Stick Mode....then select Mode you want   I don't think you can do anything else more than that

You said you are new to the drone world and FPV? I would not recommend you to try Manual Mode, unless you want to crash in the first Flight, unless you have some good hours on flight simulator and know exactly what you are doing.
2022-12-6
Use props
paulc85
lvl.1
Italy

HDPS Posted at 12-6 21:05
Just turn on Goggles, Controller 2 and  Aircraft....go to menu on Goggles, select Settings -> Control -> Remote Control -> Stick Mode....then select Mode you want   I don't think you can do anything else more than that

You said you are new to the drone world and FPV? I would not recommend you to try Manual Mode, unless you want to crash in the first Flight, unless you have some good hours on flight simulator and know exactly what you are doing.

Thanks for your kind reply.

I see
It seems it is locked just to the 3 settings, and no other customization is possibile. In this way I really can't flight in M mode.

Thanks for your advice and I am training on the DJI VIRTUAL FLIGHT app, trying to understand this thing will be fixed.

2022-12-6
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89751 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Why would you want to invert left with right on the same stick?
FPV controllers have pre-defined modes, and you can select them ?!
In the RC hobby this is also normal....
2022-12-6
Use props
paulc85
lvl.1
Italy

BadBert Posted at 12-6 22:40
Why would you want to invert left with right on the same stick?
FPV controllers have pre-defined modes, and you can select them ?!
In the RC hobby this is also normal....

Because selecting the predefined modes (1/2/3) I don't feel confident
Specifically using mode 1 if I press left stifk to the left drone goes to right (and so the opposite).
For this reason I need to invert, otherwise I can't really use it in manual mode.

Unluckily I don't come from RC hobby but from PC\gaming side
2022-12-7
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

paulc85 Posted at 12-7 00:41
Because selecting the predefined modes (1/2/3) I don't feel confident
Specifically using mode 1 if I press left stifk to the left drone goes to right (and so the opposite).
For this reason I need to invert, otherwise I can't really use it in manual mode.

Left stick in mode 1 is the rudder function, or the yaw.
if you put the stick left, your drone should turn left around it's vertical axis.....

so i really don't understand what you mean.... if you are hoovering, the front of the drone is going to point more to the left if you move the stick to the left.

If you mean that if you are going forward, and only giving left input with the left stick, the drone goes to the right, you are not understanding how to control an RC aircraft....
2022-12-7
Use props
paulc85
lvl.1
Italy

BadBert Posted at 12-7 03:54
Left stick in mode 1 is the rudder function, or the yaw.
if you put the stick left, your drone should turn left around it's vertical axis.....

If I use the drone in N or S mode, in any of the 3 modes (1/2/3), left rotation permits my drone to go on the left, and right to right.
When I put to M it works exatly inverted: left rotation moves my drone on the right and right rotation to the left.
This happens both on DJI Virtual Flight app and on another FPV drone simulator for pc (I link the DJI REMOTE CONTROLLER 2 to the pc with the USB cable). I don't understand if this is a problem of mine or M mode works in this way (in this case I really need to inver the axis).

P.S. : In M mode I still never flew in 'real life' because I prefer to make a lot training before do that. So I my experience is just related to DJI + other fly simulator app

2022-12-7
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

sorry..... i can't follow....

in any flight mode, left stick moves the drone over the yaw axis left with left input, right with right input....
this should not differ in M, S or N mode...

2022-12-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable due to compatibility issues but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-7
Use props
paulc85
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-7 20:51
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable due to compatibility issues but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank DJI Paladin for this
2022-12-8
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

It's hard to follow what you are saying is happening. So when you are in Manual mode and move the left stick to the left your drone is going right? Is that correct? Just to be more clear, are you looking through the goggles or are you using a visual line of sight? May sound like a stupid question but just wondering because if you are looking at the Avata and it's facing you, it will go left with right stick movement and right with left stick movement. But when turned away from you it will go in the correct direction of the sticks. But nonetheless, if you are in mode 2, the left stick left and right is yaw, meaning the drone turns on the center point flat in manual mode.

Also, please know that you should always fly in mode 2 unless you have special circumstances or maybe you're left-handed but even left-handed people fly in mode 2 because mode 2 puts the throttle and yaw on the left stick and up and down, left and right on the right stick.

2022-12-8
Use props
paulc85
lvl.1
Italy

FPVTrendz Posted at 12-8 10:27
It's hard to follow what you are saying is happening. So when you are in Manual mode and move the left stick to the left your drone is going right? Is that correct? Just to be more clear, are you looking through the goggles or are you using a visual line of sight? May sound like a stupid question but just wondering because if you are looking at the Avata and it's facing you, it will go left with right stick movement and right with left stick movement. But when turned away from you it will go in the correct direction of the sticks. But nonetheless, if you are in mode 2, the left stick left and right is yaw, meaning the drone turns on the center point flat in manual mode.

Also, please know that you should always fly in mode 2 unless you have special circumstances or maybe you're left-handed but even left-handed people fly in mode 2 because mode 2 puts the throttle and yaw on the left stick and up and down, left and right on the right stick.

Thanks for your reply.
Actually I think I misunderstood how M mode is working.
I thought it would be easier and close to S or N, but it is completely a completely different (and harder for me at the moment) way of flight.
I have to train a lot on simulators!
2022-12-8
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Look at youtube video's on how to fly manual and train a LOT in sims
Until then, fly your avata in N or S mode
2022-12-8
Use props
paulc85
lvl.1
Italy

BadBert Posted at 12-8 22:44
Look at youtube video's on how to fly manual and train a LOT in sims  
Until then, fly your avata in N or S mode

You are totally right
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

paulc85 Posted at 12-8 01:18
Thank DJI Paladin for this

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for always choosing DJI!
2022-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules