Mini3Pro overheats easily
610 6 2022-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4b89104f
lvl.2
United States

Hi,
The Mini3Pro new to my arsenal seems to be unique in that it overheats very easily and automtaically shuts down.  This is especially annoying when I'm going through the pre-flight checklists.  Just as I complete everything and am ready to take off, a popup on the RC controller notifies me the drone is shutting down.  Any tips on how to avoid this?  Regardless of pre-flight checks, it takes a while to aquire enough GPS sats and for the software to light up the ok the fly prompt.

IF this is just the way it is and I have to learn to live with it or bring a sun umbrella for the drone give it to me straight.  What really strikes fear in me is the thought of it getting airbourne and THEN getting the auto shutdown popup!  Not gonna happen?
2022-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How long are you leaving it on before you takeoff,    it shouldn't shut down in the first couple of minutes but extended tick its designed to shutdown.
2022-12-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. DJI Mini 3 Pro is designed without a built-in fan, which can effectively reduce power consumption to make the flight time longer. Additionally, the new structural design with propellers that have been adjusted for a more aerodynamic flight, allows the drone to use the wind generated by the propellers to dissipate heat, ensuring good heat dissipation effects during the flight.
If the drone stays in standby mode for a long time, its temperature may continuously rise. DJI Mini 3 Pro comes with a built-in temperature control system that the drone can detect the current temperature and decide whether to automatically power off to prevent overheating.
We would recommend you do the pre-flight check in a place with a relatively lower temperature, avoiding being shined directly. Seeing that you might have difficulties in searching satellites, we would recommend you find a place with no intereference and instructuons or hover the aircraft around 30 meter-high to acquire enough satellites before flight.  
2022-12-7
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wrong forum. Next time post in the Mini 3 Pro Forum:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... peid&typeid=776
2022-12-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

patiam Posted at 12-7 07:37
Wrong forum. Next time post in the Mini 3 Pro Forum:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=129&filter=typeid&typeid=776

agree
DJI moderator wake up please ! Its time to clean the forum
2022-12-7
Use props
fans4b89104f
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-7 03:40
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. DJI Mini 3 Pro is designed without a built-in fan, which can effectively reduce power consumption to make the flight time longer. Additionally, the new structural design with propellers that have been adjusted for a more aerodynamic flight, allows the drone to use the wind generated by the propellers to dissipate heat, ensuring good heat dissipation effects during the flight.
If the drone stays in standby mode for a long time, its temperature may continuously rise. DJI Mini 3 Pro comes with a built-in temperature control system that the drone can detect the current temperature and decide whether to automatically power off to prevent overheating.
We would recommend you do the pre-flight check in a place with a relatively lower temperature, avoiding being shined directly. Seeing that you might have difficulties in searching satellites, we would recommend you find a place with no intereference and instructuons or hover the aircraft around 30 meter-high to acquire enough satellites before flight.

Thanks.  I tried running the props on the ground to keep it cool and that works.
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans4b89104f Posted at 12-9 07:16
Thanks.  I tried running the props on the ground to keep it cool and that works.

Thanks for your update. As other members said, creating threads under the right topic will help moderators answer your questions quickly.
You may refer to this link:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 1515&pid=623185
2022-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules