1523 11 2022-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
honkin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154692 ft
Thailand

Hi

About a month ago there was a firmware update to series 3 drones which gave them back the old Tripod mode, though it is even better, with adjustable speed Cine Mode.

When will this firmware update be available for series 2 drones?

I have the Air 2S and would love to see this brilliant cinematic mode back, as 5m/sec is not really that slow; at least not compared to 1m/sec as with the old Tripod Mode, which allowed for amazing cinematic shots

Are there any plans to release firmware allowing this to happen for the 2 series drones as well?

Thanks very much

2022-12-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for your feedback and advice. We will forward it to our engineers for evaluation. Please stay tuned to our official website for updates. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2022-12-7
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

We've been asking for this for 2 years. Despite the reply above I have no faith that DJI will implement this for the Air 2S - they want you to spend more money on another drone that already has this feature.
2022-12-7
Use props
honkin
lvl.1
Thailand

sduck Posted at 12-7 08:33
We've been asking for this for 2 years. Despite the reply above I have no faith that DJI will implement this for the Air 2S - they want you to spend more money on another drone that already has this feature.

Cheers sduck. Since I bought the Air 2S 3 months ago, they'll be waiting a long time for me to purchase another.

I must admit I'd rather they came out and openly said they were NOT going to release updated firmware to facilitate Tripod Mode. Then I could simply mod the controller and be done.

Guess I'll just do that anyway. There's a great video on doing just that.

Thanks again
2022-12-7
Use props
honkin
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-7 00:40
Hello, there. Thanks for your feedback and advice. We will forward it to our engineers for evaluation. Please stay tuned to our official website for updates. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer

Hi Wanda

Whilst I appreciate the reply, I have seen a huge number of series 2 drone owners looking for this feature and your reply pretty much mimics a reply I got from support via email.

If there are NO plans to actually implement such a change for series 2 owners, I wish DJI would be forthright and come out and just say so.

As a series 2 owner, I feel slighted that this firmware release was ONLY for series 3 owners. I've only had my Air 2S for 3 months and have no intention of buying another for quite some time, so I guess it means I will have to modify the RC myself.

cheers and thanks again for your reply
2022-12-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

honkin Posted at 12-7 17:48
Hi Wanda

Whilst I appreciate the reply, I have seen a huge number of series 2 drone owners looking for this feature and your reply pretty much mimics a reply I got from support via email.

Our engineers will evaluate the request and make the final decision on whether update the function in the future. Kindly understand that we have not received a firm answer about this. If there is any update, we will put it on our official website.  
2022-12-8
Use props
jampsu
lvl.3
Finland

DJI promised to bring back that good old tripod mode. I was so delighted when we finally got the news that we finally gonna get it back.
But as usual, there's a catch... It's only available for their new drones...
2022-12-17
Use props
jampsu
lvl.3
Finland

But, you can hack your drone, if you want to get it to series 2 drones.
https://drone-hacks.com/
I'm using Mavic Air 2 and it works fine.
You need old firmware to get it to work though.
There's a list for every model firmware.
If you format a memory card you must do the hack again. I always delete the files from the card, not formatting it.
With this hack, you can set the cine mode speed to 1m/s.
2022-12-17
Use props
honkin
lvl.1
Thailand

jampsu Posted at 12-17 08:12
But, you can hack your drone, if you want to get it to series 2 drones.
https://drone-hacks.com/
I'm using Mavic Air 2 and it works fine.

Cheers Jampsu
I downloaded their free app to check my parameters and the only ones the app shows are Sports and Normal modes when it connects to the Air 2S. Under Advanced Parameters, there are hundreds of things listed, but there doesn't appear to be any way to determine which ones do what
I haven't gone ahead and purchased a licence from them as my version of the firmware is the latest and not yet listed at their website
Any thoughts?
2022-12-17
Use props
jampsu
lvl.3
Finland

I use the free version and that will do the trick. It's a pity that we can't roll back firmware anymore. I haven't updated my Air 2 for a long time. Just because I can use this hack. I know DJI will not like this, but if slowing down the speed of your drone is bad, well...

Check this :
2022-12-18
Use props
honkin
lvl.1
Thailand

jampsu Posted at 12-18 02:39
I use the free version and that will do the trick. It's a pity that we can't roll back firmware anymore. I haven't updated my Air 2 for a long time. Just because I can use this hack. I know DJI will not like this, but if slowing down the speed of your drone is bad, well...

Check this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxsQzRDzD4M&list=LL&index=76&t=182s

I wish I'd been that smart mate. I updated each time it showed as available. I guess I was hoping for Tripod Mode to miraculously appear. Thanks for that video link. I have now tweaked 2 of the tripod settings in the parameters, so will see how it flies tomorrow.
I did run it in the simulator, but it was still too fast, but then read some of the chat down lower where it said you need to either click to another mode and back to cine, or start in another mode, then click to cine, so will hopefully have beautiful Tripod Mode tomorrow
Is that how you did yours' just a tweak or two in those tripod parameters?
cheers
2022-12-19
Use props
jampsu
lvl.3
Finland

honkin Posted at 12-19 03:18
I wish I'd been that smart mate. I updated each time it showed as available. I guess I was hoping for Tripod Mode to miraculously appear. Thanks for that video link. I have now tweaked 2 of the tripod settings in the parameters, so will see how it flies tomorrow.
I did run it in the simulator, but it was still too fast, but then read some of the chat down lower where it said you need to either click to another mode and back to cine, or start in another mode, then click to cine, so will hopefully have beautiful Tripod Mode tomorrow
Is that how you did yours' just a tweak or two in those tripod parameters?

There's only one setting that you need to tweak:  g_config.mode_tripod_cfg.rc_scale
Turn that to a minimum and remember to import settings to your drone.

Maybe it's not working because you have too new firmware on your drone.
Let's hope they can make more updates and seriously speaking DJI should give us that option for all drones. I'd never understood what are they thinking and why it is so hard to give that tripod mode back. It's a big safety issue when filming on low ground and in tight places. Not everybody is flying at max altitude and max speed all the time...
2022-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules