New DJI Transmission Released (04/09/2024)
3885 9 2022-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date:2024.04.09
  • DJI Video Receiver Firmware:V01.06.1400
  • DJI Video Transmitter Firmware:V01.06.1400
  • DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor Firmware:V01.06.1400
  • DJI Assistant (Ronin Series):V2.1.10

What’s New
  • Added support to use the DJI Video Transmitter and High-Bright Remote Monitor with DJI RS 4 Pro and DJI Focus Pro. False color image display for depth on the remote monitor is supported when using with the Focus Pro LiDAR.
  • Added support to control Ronin 4D and Inspire 3 using the DJI Focus Pro Hand Unit connected to the High-Bright Remote Monitor.
  • Added support to capture video frame on the High-Bright Remote Monitor using the gesture of swiping down with three fingers on the screen. In the playback view, tap the overlay icon   at the bottom of the screen to overlay the captured video frame image over liveview.
  • Added support for the DJI Video Receiver and Video Transmitter to transmit 1080i signals.
  • Added support for a third-party camera to trigger local recording on the monitor simultaneously with the camera recording when using HDMI connection for both the DJI Video Receiver and Video Transmitter. Supported cameras: Sony FX3/FX6/A7M4, Panasonic DC-S1H, Canon EOS R5, and BMPCC 6K.
  • Added function to disable the color bars display on the DJI Video Receiver and High-Bright Remote Monitor.
  • Fixed stability related issues.

Notes:
  • Set the Type-C function of the DJI Video Receiver and DJI Video Transmitter to USB before updating the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series). DO NOT disconnect the DJI Video Transmitter and DJI Video Receiver from the computer during the firmware update.
  • Mount the hand grips to the DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor for firmware updates.
  • Make sure to update all the video transmission devices to the latest firmware version when using them together. Otherwise, the video transmission may work abnormally.
  • If the update fails, restart the device and try again.

Overview:

• Date: 2023.08.09
  • DJI Video Receiver Firmware: V01.05.0500
  • DJI Video Transmitter Firmware: V01.05.0500
  • DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor Firmware: V01.05.0500
  • DJI Assistant (Ronin Series): V2.1.8
  • DJI Video Receiver User Guide: V1.0
  • DJI Video Transmitter User Guide: V1.2
  • DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor User Guide: V1.6

What’s New
  • Added support to use the DJI Video Receiver with the DJI Video Transmitter and Ronin 4D Video Transmitter. Update the firmware of the DJI Ronin 4D Video Transmitter to V01.05.0500 or above.
  • Added function to make two-way voice calls between the DJI Video Receiver and DJI Video Transmitter connected in Control mode. Adjust the volume using the volume buttons on the headphones.*
  • Added support to transmit SDI metadata wirelessly when used with mainstream models of RED and ARRI.
  • Modified transmission strategy between the DJI Transmitter and DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor to Broadcast mode prioritized, and removed the option for prioritized mode.
  • Fixed rare issue of failed linking due to the use of third-party batteries.

* Set the Type-C function of the DJI Video Transmitter and DJI Video Receiver to voice call and plug in digital headphones.

Notes:
  • Set the Type-C function of the DJI Video Receiver and DJI Video Transmitter to USB before updating the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series). DO NOT disconnect the DJI Video Transmitter and DJI Video Receiver from the computer during the firmware update.
  • Mount the hand grips to the DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor for firmware updates.
  • Make sure to update all the video transmission devices to the latest firmware version when using them together. Otherwise, the video transmission may work abnormally.

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.05.16
  • DJI Video Transmitter Firmware: v01.05.0400
  • DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor Firmware: v01.05.0400
  • DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor User Guide:        v1.4

What’s New
  • Added support to use the remote monitor as Control B to link with DJI Inspire 3 and display the pan angle of the X9-8K Air gimbal.
  • Added support to connect the DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS) and DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) to the DJI Video Transmitter via the DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS) to DJI Transmission Cable Hub. The complete system can achieve monitoring, remote control, LiDAR waveform assistance, and lens calibration and autofocus with a manual lens.*
  • Added function to switch autofocus and manual focus for the DJI LiDAR Range Finder in use via the AF button of the right hand grip on the remote monitor.
  • Added support to use the remote monitor with the DJI Three-Channel Follow Focus as well as Three-Channel Follow Focus Settings in System Menu on the remote monitor.
  • Added function to display the resolution and frame rate recorded on the upper right corner of the remote monitor when connected to Ronin 4D or Inspire 3.
  • Added function to display the center frequency of the channels on the remote monitor.
  • Added screen color calibration for the remote monitor.
  • Added function to set the size of the waveform display and drag to change the waveform location.
  • Added function to zoom in on the image by tapping twice on the remote monitor. Enable in Exposure Assistant/Focus Assistant Settings.
  • Added function to customize the hand grip settings on the remote monitor. Set the function of the specific buttons and dials in General Settings in System Menu.
  • Added function to switch the unit of the focus meter on the remote monitor between Imperial and Metric. Set in General Settings in System Menu.
  • Supported LUT effect and exposure assistant/focus assistant settings for the input image, local recording to the microSD card, and HDMI/SDI output from the expansion plate when the input signal of the remote monitor was HDMI.

* Make sure that all the devices have the latest firmware version when using the DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS) to DJI Transmission Cable Hub. Refer to the DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS) to DJI Transmission Cable Hub Product Information on how to update the firmware to the latest version.

Notes:
  • Attach the hand grips to the high-bright remote monitor to update firmware simultaneously.
  • Make sure to update both the video transmitter and high-bright remote monitor to the latest firmware version when using them together. Otherwise, the video transmission may work abnormally.

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.12.07
  • DJI Video Transmitter Firmware: v01.05.0300
  • DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor Firmware: v01.05.0300

What’s New?
  • Added support to import and use customized 3D LUT files on a microSD card when using the remote monitor with the DJI Video Transmitter. The imported file should be in cube format with a file name including letters, numbers, and underscore only.
  • Added function to enable and disable the watermark on the remote monitor when there was no input to the monitor.
  • Added Fan Mode settings to the remote monitor and video transmitter.
  • Reduced the noise of the fan on the remote monitor and video transmitter.
  • Fixed issue where recording could not be started using the hand grip on the remote monitor when the camera is connected to DJI RS 3 Pro via Bluetooth.
  • Fixed issue where the HDMI/SDI frame rate could not be set automatically according to the frame rate of the input from the video transmitter.
  • Fixed rare issue of no video output when the USB-C Function on the remote monitor was set to Webcam.

Notes:
  • Attach the hand grips to the high-bright remote monitor to update firmware simultaneously.
  • Make sure to update both the video transmitter and high-bright remote monitor to the latest firmware version when using them together. Otherwise, the video transmission may work abnormally.

2022-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2022-12-7
Use props
WPK
lvl.1

United States

Is there any plan for the DJI transmission to support active track?

For the price, I thought it would also include the features of the Raven Eye, but it currently does not have it. Ideally, I would have pro control with the Tranmission for the RS3 Pro AND Active Track for some shots.  There must be a way to get video into the gimbal from the Transmission, no?  Or is it in the works?

DJI?
2022-12-8
Use props
Binaryinfection
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

How do I load luts? I have micro sd formatted on the monitor, I mad a lut folder , a luts folder , I even put one on root and it doesn’t come up
2022-12-8
Use props
jakerockwell
lvl.2
United States

Binaryinfection Posted at 12-8 09:43
How do I load luts? I have micro sd formatted on the monitor, I mad a lut folder , a luts folder , I even put one on root and it doesn’t come up

Try removing any spaces or special characters in the LUT's filename. I think underscores work.
2022-12-8
Use props
jakerockwell
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for an update but two MAJOR issues that actually make the update worse!  Im about to downgrade to that previous firmware.

To understand my setup, I am using the DJI Transmission system with a Sony FX30. I have programmed the 'Virtual Widget' on the High-Bright Monitor so that I can turn auto-focus on and off and turn auto-iris on and off.  

Here are the issues with the latest update:

1. On the right handgrip, you can no longer select what you want the dial to control.  Previously, I could control my focus/zoom motor with the dial and switch, within the high-bright monitor's settings, to control the focus. Since the update, the dial is just set to 'Focus' and there's no way to change it unless I go into the settings on the RS3 Pro and switch from 'Focus Motor' (which I use to control my Zoom) to 'Focus & Zoom Bluetooth Cable-Driven' to control Focus.  This is super frustrating and defeats the purpose of a wireless system. Plus, the label 'Focus & Zoom Bluetooth Cable-Driven' makes little sense since Im not using bluetooth. What you should have done is assign a button on the handgrip so that a user can cycle through what with the dial controls. That way, I could switch between focus and zoom without having to go into the settings on the high-bright monitor. But with the latest update, I can't switch at all.

2. On the right handgrip, the 'AF' button used to snap the frame into focus when pressed (when the camera was set to manual focus). Now it doesn't work at all. Why would you remove this feature? This was such an important feature. I just don't get why that would be removed in the update.  It's cool that you are making more buttons on the handgrips useful but don't take away the most useful button.  Also, it would be killer if you could assign buttons on the virtual widget (up/down/left/right) to buttons on the handgrip.

Other than that, keep up the great work! I still love the Transmission system.

2023-5-30
Use props
Binaryinfection
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jakerockwell Posted at 5-30 13:35
Thanks for an update but two MAJOR issues that actually make the update worse!  Im about to downgrade to that previous firmware.

To understand my setup, I am using the DJI Transmission system with a Sony FX30. I have programmed the 'Virtual Widget' on the High-Bright Monitor so that I can turn auto-focus on and off and turn auto-iris on and off.  

I think you have to wait for the new cable that just came out in order for this to work
2023-5-31
Use props
djiuser_P4lxW8epCi10
New

Canada

Has anyone else come upon issues with audio output over SDI or issues transmitting in 720?

I bought the combo set (TX and RX) and discovered very quickly that audio out of the receiver over SDI drops regularly and constantly (HDMI is fine but that doesn't help) - my Shogun won't even allow me to record unless I enable "ignore dropped audio" at which point I can record it but the constant clicking you hear renders it unusable. I've heard this from at least one other person I know who bought a pair as well. DJI seems unable to understand or give a straight answer on this despite having demonstrated the same problem on two different receiver units (three if you include my colleague), and while making a video to show them the problem in action I discovered that, despite what is advertised, these apparently do not transmit 720p signals (at least not in any usable fashion) - all you see if your switcher or recorder can recognize a signal at all is a distorted jumble of diagonal lines. The transmission range and obstacle penetration are second to none but these seem like pretty glaring issues and certainly not what I'd expect at the price point. Having the best range in class is pointless if the signal you receive isn't usable.
2023-9-18
Use props
Alejandro Garcia0
New

Mexico

Hola, estoy en México, cdmx y tengo el TX-RX al conectar el receptor a un monitor Atomos Shinobi NO recibe el video, en Tv convencional por Hdmi si se ve, en monitor Seetec hdmi si se ve, en Atem switcher se ve ok, ya los actualice y  probe con versiones anteriores y solo registra audio. podrian checar compatibilidad, Gracias! algun elimninador para la alimentacion x Usb-C que de el voltaje adecuado?
2023-10-8
Use props
kevincwwong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28612 ft
Canada

Has anyone run into issues while using a Ronin4D with DJI Video Receiver(RX)?

I've been using the Ronin4D transmitter with the High Bright Monitor for over a year now and it is great.

I recently purchased a set of TX-RX Standard Combo so that I can add another receiver to transmit to client monitors.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get a proper image coming out of the RX in either Control or Broadcast modes. The image coming out looks to be a clean feed with no camera settings (OSD) nor the look around window. Also, the image looks to be stretched slightly horizontally too.

I have everything upgraded to the latest firmware as per DJI's release notes btw.

Please help shine some light onto this issue, thanks!

2023-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules