DJI Mavic Air unresponsive which lead to a crash
834 7 2022-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edwin_Mavic_Air
New
Indonesia

Hi DJI Team,
reaching out to you since I have big problem. A few days ago while filming some footage in Bali I noticed that my DJI Mavic Air started behaving strange... it just started banking left and right after aprox 10 minutes of fliying normal. I tried to get it back and setup a new shot but it did not responde / responded very strange. The distance to the drone was a max of 20-30m so this should defently not have been an issues. After nearly crashing in some trees (sensors did a last second save) I was not able to land it, it did not respond and after a few seconds it just started going back to the home point, I tried canceling but at this point I had lost any control and it was unresponsive. It just lifted and after crasing in some braches it fell to the ground... it's now in a really bad shape. Im really bummed out about this since I have this drone a few years now and nothing like this happened before. I am currently traveling trough Asia and am now unable to create any more content. Is there a posibillity to check a logfile on the drone itself in order to find out what caused this ? I am positive that this was not human error. Could the last update have caused this ? I updated the drone a week ago while still in the Phillipines. Could updating sand changing the location after that cause any issues ? Compass calibration etc. was all ok for the first 10 minutes at least...
I really hope you guys can help me out since I am staying here (Bali) at least until the end of January and need to take some content shots.

Best regards and hope to hear from you soon !

Edwin
2022-12-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. If you would like to know what happened in the last flight, we would recommend you apply for data analysis result. The services is available for free if your aircraft is still in the warranty period. We also offer paid data analysis service for customers if their drone is out of warranty period.  You may contact our support and ask for more information. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2022-12-7
Use props
Edwin Daniel
New

Romania

As read on several forums it seems that DJI support ist close to 0. Beside the fact that I was rerouted to the "competent" department that could help me solve my issue several times I did not get any help and in most cases did not even get a response. I think it's really sad and although I really enjoyed my drone I will not recommend it to anyone just because of the poor service and the non existing customer care. Basically you end up buying a "great" product due to marketing but the only positive experience according to the blogs, youtube etc. ate those of the "influencers" getting the free product and all others can simply suck on it.
After more than a dozen Emails to different departments suggested by the support, chat conversations, failed phone calls over 7 months I just have to live with the fact that the DJI support is just a scheme and exists only on paper since nobody is able to fix my issue.
2023-6-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Edwin Daniel Posted at 6-8 01:09
As read on several forums it seems that DJI support ist close to 0. Beside the fact that I was rerouted to the "competent" department that could help me solve my issue several times I did not get any help and in most cases did not even get a response. I think it's really sad and although I really enjoyed my drone I will not recommend it to anyone just because of the poor service and the non existing customer care. Basically you end up buying a "great" product due to marketing but the only positive experience according to the blogs, youtube etc. ate those of the "influencers" getting the free product and all others can simply suck on it.
After more than a dozen Emails to different departments suggested by the support, chat conversations, failed phone calls over 7 months I just have to live with the fact that the DJI support is just a scheme and exists only on paper since nobody is able to fix my issue.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please tell us the reference numbers? Like the ticket number, and case number so that we can check your case and communicate with our teams.
2023-6-8
Use props
Edwin Daniel
New

Romania

I have a new reference number now but I did not receive the first one as you can see in the attached Email.

2023-6-11
Use props
Edwin Daniel
New

Romania

Edwin Daniel Posted at 6-11 22:44
I have a new reference number now but I did not receive the first one as you can see in the attached Email.

[view_image]

After this I was contacted and sent from one department to another ending up with no action taken and some departments not responding to any of my 4 Emails...
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Edwin Daniel Posted at 6-11 22:48
After this I was contacted and sent from one department to another ending up with no action taken and some departments not responding to any of my 4 Emails...

Sorry to hear about this, Edwin. We'll see to it that we'll also keep an eye on the matter and help you reach out to the team designated. Appreciate your patience.
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Edwin Daniel Posted at 6-11 22:48
After this I was contacted and sent from one department to another ending up with no action taken and some departments not responding to any of my 4 Emails...

Sorry for the late response. We have forwarded your issue to our related departments and they have sent you a new email. Would you please check?
2023-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules