Mavic Pro 2 losing image transmission to phone
1185 15 2022-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ash123
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I recently got a new phone (Pixel 6) and it is constantly losing image transmission on the DJI Go app. It has always worked fine with previous phones and models so expect its something with this particular new model.
2022-12-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Ash123, what version of DJI Go 4 is on your phone?  Is it happening at all distances?
2022-12-7
Use props
Ash123
lvl.1

United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 12-7 07:39
@Ash123, what version of DJI Go 4 is on your phone?  Is it happening at all distances?

Version 4.3.54 and yes all distances it seems
2022-12-7
Use props
Ash123
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Update: I've tried refreshing the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 as per guidelines from other threads and the problem still persists
2022-12-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you revert to your old phone?
Which controller and which port of that controller?

2022-12-7
Use props
Ash123
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-7 08:20
Can you revert to your old phone?
Which controller and which port of that controller?

No, phone is sold and I'd prefer using my current model. Im using the standard controller the MP2 came with and the USB mini to USB C port
2022-12-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ash123 Posted at 12-7 09:26
No, phone is sold and I'd prefer using my current model. Im using the standard controller the MP2 came with and the USB mini to USB C port

disconnect the MICRO usb cable from the controller and try an appropriate cable in the port between the swing out arms.
2022-12-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alternatively try a different micro USB  to USB-C cable but note, the cable may need to be an OTG cable. There is, I believe, a cross linking of two contacts in the micro USB plug of such a cable. Make sure you plug any micro USB plug into the socket on the controller the correct way up.
2022-12-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Other than trying a new cable, I'm out of ideas.  It sounds to me like you have done everything right within your control.
2022-12-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to use a different USB communication cable to connect your mobile device to your RC? The USB cable must be a USB data cable, using a charging cable will not connect your mobile device to the RC. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-7
Use props
Ash123
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-7 20:24
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to use a different USB communication cable to connect your mobile device to your RC? The USB cable must be a USB data cable, using a charging cable will not connect your mobile device to the RC. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi  

I've tried using other cables, both USB mini from the side of the RC and the USB on the under side of the RC. Both aren't working
2022-12-13
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

You could prove it is the phone by borrowing a different one to try. Last resort!
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ash123 Posted at 12-13 03:36
Hi  

I've tried using other cables, both USB mini from the side of the RC and the USB on the under side of the RC. Both aren't working

Thank you for your response. Can you please try to use a different mobile device that was listed on our compatible device to see if the issue persists? You may refer to the link below for the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2022-12-15
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

if nothing else, just get some older phone, which you know works with go4 app and use it only for that. it's probably even better, so you don't have to worry about income calls etc.
2022-12-15
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just happened to me whilst out flying after 3-4 minutes and only a short distance away. iPhone 14 Pro and all items charged and up to date. Not confident when flying it at the minute.
2022-12-17
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I have a habit of changing phones for normal use but I have NOT changed my phone for drone use from day 1.
2022-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules