294 7 2022-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BonBon23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4678 ft
United States

In-depth review pending... Check back!

This video contains our personal experience and honest opinions of the DJI Avata flight experience drone.  It was an incredible immersive experience with amazing video quality.  I would highly recommend this drone for anyone interested in getting to experience their footage in real time.  As with most things, there was a slight learning curve but DJI does have some great resources to help.  For first time drone users, we were able to learn pretty quickly.  I don't normally post videos like this, however, this was an amazing opportunity to test a product and as nerve wrecking as this video is to post, it was absolutely worth it.
For anyone who has not tried the DJI Avata, as a new user with drones, I think it's a great drone that gives fantastic quality.  I had a few things I didn't quite understand at first such as if it was neccessary to connect my iPhone to the headset (it's not) or whether the headset was really even needed (it wasn't).  I also learned that having the right adapter or cable combo is key to charging everything.

Check out our flight experience with the Avata on YouTube. It's a highlevel overview of our experience.
#djiavata #borntofly #SkyPixelProductTryoutProgram

2022-12-7
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Amazing flying and great review .. sure it was a funfly
2022-12-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice review!
2022-12-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-12-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent review.  Many thanks for sharing.  
2022-12-8
Use props
BonBon23
lvl.1
United States

UPDATED REVIEW
This video contains our personal experience and honest opinions of the DJI Avata flight experience drone.  

It was an incredibly immersive experience with amazing video quality. I would highly recommend this drone to anyone interested in getting to experience their footage in real-time. As with most things, there was a slight learning curve, however, DJI does have some great resources to help.

For anyone who has not tried the DJI Avata, I think it's a great drone with fantastic quality. For first-time drone users, we were able to learn pretty quickly. While I don't normally post videos like this, it was an amazing opportunity to test a product and as nerve-wracking as this video is to post, it was absolutely worth it.

I had a few things I didn't quite understand at first such as if it was necessary to connect my iPhone to the headset, it's not. Or whether the headset was really even needed, it wasn't.

I also learned that having the right adapter or cable combo is key to charging everything. Specifically for the Motion Controller, which genuinely helps give you a more sensory flying experience, using an adapter such as the one I received with my iPhone and the included DJI Goggles 2 OTG Cable with the Type-C to Type-C PD Cable worked perfectly. Every other combo I tried for charging the controller without the OTG Cable did not work.

Another thing that seems silly now, is powering it on and off. As someone not used to products aside from my Osmo Pocket with a simple power button, I was at a loss. Lesson learned, press and press and hold to power on or off. We found the DJI Avata Easy-to-Use Guide for Beginners put together by another user on the DJI Forums to be quite helpful.

The Fly More kit is well worth adding to your bundle. With the two extra batteries, it was helpful for longer flights. Each battery gives about 18 minutes of fly time in a low/no wind environment. Side note, the Avata gives a nice little warning when it hits the wind to help you fly with caution.

Unfortunately, some of our key flights happened around sunset which didn't give great footage. However, if you adjust the ISO settings on the drone, it helps improve the quality.

Learning the ins and outs has been fun but help was needed along the way for some things since we were so new to drones. However, again, learning the basics was very easy. On our first flight, we had no issues with basic use. One thing that I had a challenge with was saving video to my micro SD card. Make sure you have the one recommended. The great news is that the Avata holds up to 20 GB of footage from its flights which was really easy to import to my Mac. And the Goggles cached its footage to my iPhone when connected through the DJI Fly app which was savable.

Don't forget to check for Fly Spots through the DJI Fly app. You can also request an authorization license for some areas through the app. When it comes to flying in other areas not specifically blocked, it's still a good idea to check if it's allowed. Check for posted signs or on the website for state parks and beaches, etc. Some areas are off-limits though it may not be posted anywhere other than their website.

Check out our flight experience with the Avata on YouTube. It's a high-level overview of our experience. Happy flying!

2022-12-12
Use props
BonBon23
lvl.1
United States

2022-12-12
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice review! I will add that flying a sUAS in the United States during civil twilight requires a strobe light capable of being seen at a minimum of 3 nautical miles.  It's also advised to take and pass the TRUST Certification and have your aircraft registered with the FAA. More information here. Happy flying!
2022-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules