Getting more out of the goggles 2
314 2 2022-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aard
lvl.1
Belgium

HI all,

I was wondering: apps like "DJI virtual flight" only work when connected by cable to the goggles but when connected, they can just mirror the smartphone's screen on the goggles.
read: the app is capable to render images and send that to the goggles. I suspect over the USB-C cable connection with fairly low latency.
Iow, another way exist to get the goggles to display something, not air O3+ and not DLNA.

So, using your goggles as a monitor seems technically possible to me, without the lag that we get using dlna streaming, if only the drivers would exist and/or be shared.
The interface exists.
With a price tag of 850€, may I ask that we will get to see some drivers released that allow us to use the goggles as a monitor extension or mobile screen extension ?
... or maybe share the info so someone else can build these drivers?

While you work on the above ;-p , coud someone tell me how to make the dlna work on the goggles 2? I know where to find it and activate it on the goggles, that's not the issue.
Instead, I mean, the DLNA clients I'm used to allow me to browse my DLNA server for media files, to choose what movie to play. I haven't found a way to do that with the goggles.
The only solution I found so far is using a 3rd party app (e.g. BubbleUPnP) and push the stream to the goggles but then I have to pay extra for functionality that in my opinion was already sold to us (From the DJI website, the chapter "More ways to Experience") nut I'm eager to hear about other ways to overcome this hurdle.

I really would love to find ways to get more out of this otherwise very nice headset.
While flying (traveling by plane), watch some films without having to store them on the SD card, leaving that store space free for when I fly (record my flights) with my avata.

I'm sure I'm not alone with this request, I found some other threads roughly asking for the same thing. I only hope tha by asking it enough we get this one moving :-)

Thanks.
2022-12-7
Use props
moridh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2170876 ft
Malaysia

I second this motion. With 2 screens & head tracking, should be able to do VR stuff too! Motion controller to boot, maybe for shooting games.
2022-12-7
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

yes please....

this way you can use the goggles with the virtual flight app on the PC
(or any other sim like velocidrone or LiftOff)
2022-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules