Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FAO DJI UK is now Flying weight not MTOM
629 11 2022-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey folks, am i reading this right, the UK has done away with MTOM? The CAA has now gone back to calling it Flying weight for all drones, whereas before it was just for the sub 250g
See my 2nd illustration here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=280652

DJI, please look into this as this changes things for the UK, you no longer have to restrict the sale of goods to the UK, unlike the EU where they are MTOM
CAA official guidance is here. https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/mod ... =detail&id=9954
2022-12-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes,  they should be selling the plus battery now in the UK.
2022-12-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-8 00:54
Yes,  they should be selling the plus battery now in the UK.

Yeah, ive been saying it since the mini 3 pro was launched as its always been "flying weight" but now its all gone back to flying weight, MOTM was stupid anyway, its not like the Mini accessories drastically put weight on...

So now DJI should get there butts in gear else they are losing out on sales, big time!
2022-12-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-8 00:58
Yeah, ive been saying it since the mini 3 pro was launched as its always been "flying weight" but now its all gone back to flying weight, MOTM was stupid anyway, its not like the Mini accessories drastically put weight on...

So now DJI should get there butts in gear else they are losing out on sales, big time!

Perhaps the Mini 4 will change that.  
2022-12-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-8 01:01
Perhaps the Mini 4 will change that.

Not even had the Mini 3 yet, don't get premature on me soldier, i love that saying lol
2022-12-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-8 01:06
Not even had the Mini 3 yet, don't get premature on me soldier, i love that saying lol

Sorry,  Im sort of already planning on the upgrade.  Got three new batteries coming and Im not sure whether to keep them on resell them to fund a Pocket.  
2022-12-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-8 01:07
Sorry,  Im sort of already planning on the upgrade.  Got three new batteries coming and Im not sure whether to keep them on resell them to fund a Pocket.

Crikey, getting a bit greedy aint we, or did ya mean the standard battery?
The Mini 4 wont be out till prob at least may and if they learn from the Mini 3 issues, might not even be till the summer when its been thoroughly tested this time...
2022-12-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-8 01:11
Crikey, getting a bit greedy aint we, or did ya mean the standard battery?
The Mini 4 wont be out till prob at least may and if they learn from the Mini 3 issues, might not even be till the summer when its been thoroughly tested this time...

My current batteries should last me to May and then If I upgrade I wont need the 3 new standard batteries that are coming,  which is my current thinking,   
2022-12-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-8 01:15
My current batteries should last me to May and then If I upgrade I wont need the 3 new standard batteries that are coming,  which is my current thinking,

AH ok, i assume they are to replace the current ones once they start to deteriorate?
So yeah, keep them in their boxes and sell if needs be, although there's no telling when a new Pocket will come out.

Im not sure how much better a new Mini could be, any thoughts?
2022-12-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-8 01:20
AH ok, i assume they are to replace the current ones once they start to deteriorate?
So yeah, keep them in their boxes and sell if needs be, although there's no telling when a new Pocket will come out.

I suspect the Mini 4 will only be minor improvements to be honest.    Hopefully they will maintain compatibility with the DJI RC and then I can probably get the Mini 4 from Argos for free again.  
2022-12-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-8 01:22
I suspect the Mini 4 will only be minor improvements to be honest.    Hopefully they will maintain compatibility with the DJI RC and then I can probably get the Mini 4 from Argos for free again.

I would have thought that the DJI RC will be around for a good while now, although, they might upgrade that though...
2022-12-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-8 01:28
I would have thought that the DJI RC will be around for a good while now, although, they might upgrade that though...

I hope so,  the orginal smart controller got a good 3 years before it was replaced.  
2022-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules