Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tommyplesky
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI Action3
Product Try Out Report.

Resolution
The quality on this little camera is insane. This Action 3 films out to a 4K at 60p resolution, but it can achieve a maximum of 120fps at that same size, which lets you capture and extreme slow-motion and a really high quality. You can also opt for 240fps if you drop the resolution down to 1080p which I don’t like, because I did feel a big difference in quality, so if you are looking for a good slow motion, 120 is more than enough and at a very high quality. I also love the 4k 24fps, which makes the footage look more cinematic, and that paired with a top notch stabilization, makes the footage look like a flying drone even when you’re running or shaking the camera.

Stabilisation
The stabilization system is arguably one of the best things about this camera, I have been using it for kitesurfing mostly, which can be very extreme and shaky at times, and to be honest I was mind blown when watching the footage for the first time, as a GoPro user, the wobbliness caused by their stabilization system used to bother me a lot, but with this camera I have not been able to see it at all. The footage is elegantly stabilized, and if you want something a bit more shaky, and with a more “intense” vibe, you can just turn it off with one click.

Vertical Mode and Magnetic mounting
The magnetic mounting system from the Action 3 is something I didn’t know I needed, until I had it. There is no going back now. I can quickly change from horizontal to vertical mounting in less than 10 seconds, and it feels intuitive, and safe, even if one of the locking clips accidentally becomes undone, it is tough to pull the unit apart. If you have several magnetic mounts, it's easy to mount a few in different places and quickly move the camera between them. I am done with GoPro’s Screwing system after this.

Color profile
I love the original colors that come out from this camera, I like the “cinematic” vibe it gives me and it gives you the possibility to color the footage the way you want it to be. The GoPro sometimes feels over saturated and I have not seen this issue with the Action 3 at all.

Photography
This would be the part on which I experimented the least with this camera, and the little that I tried, I was not very impressed by it, if I were to improve something on this camera, It would be the photography. I was not very impressed with the results, the colors felt dull, and the quality was not impressive, but again, it’s something I did not explore too much as I am more of a Video user.

Interface and User experience
The interface is intuitive, and very friendly, it also works fast and you don’t feel that “lag” when changing menus or settings. The screen is very sensitive which can be good, but sometimes I did feel it was way too sensitive so I had to be very careful when touching it.
The beeping noise from the camera itself can be a little bit annoying, but I found the way to turn the volume down so it was not a big issue.

Battery
The battery is really, really good. I honestly forget about the battery issue now, I can go out and record, knowing I have 2 extra batteries on my back pack which will give me almost a full day of shooting. The battery pack will charge quickly up to 3 batteries when hooked up to a USB power cable, but it also works as a power pack itself, allowing you to charge devices such as phones, computers, etc. Excellent touch and also very convenient if you travel a lot, and you want to travel with less cables.

Overall Experience
The DJI Action 3 is a very tough competitor in the market, especially to GoPro. I own the GoPro 10, and 11, but my choice of Action cam has been the DJI ACTION 3. The quality gives me a more “cinematic” vibe, and the stabilization is something I have never seen before, for a kitesurfer like me, this is a game changer, also ultra-wide lens gives me a new perspective, and lets me explore the posibilites of vertical footage for Instagram stories. The battery is exceptionally good, sometimes even more than what I need, and image quality make it a serious contender for your attention. At a cheaper price than the GoPro, for me it’s a no brainer, I applaud DJI for taking note of their users and making the changes that we need to push the limits. It's an action camera I can recommend looking at without hesitation. It offers value for money and high performance in a single package. And it also looks really dope with the protective case on!

2022-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you so much for your kind words, Tommyplesky. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re glad you loved your overall experience with DJI Action 3. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules