Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini 3 Pro drifting
5036 30 2022-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oisFhDIzyUrg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1840715 ft
Canada

Hi, Is anyone having an issue of the drone drifting to the right while while the stick is pushed full straight ahead. Mine doesn’t seem to be heading straight but noticeably heading to the right. I’ve done all the calibration s several time but still the same.
2022-12-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if this drifting issue only occurs when you push the stick forward? Or does it also appears when the drone is hovering? Could you please send us a short video showing the issue so we can check it here on our end? You may try to perform the IMU calibration in a location wherein there is metal or other interference and have a test flight again to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posed. Thank you.
2022-12-8
Use props
djiuser_oisFhDIzyUrg
lvl.3
Canada

Hi, I notice it drifting when I’m pushing the stick full forward. With the X grid lines on and the sticks full forward it looks like the drone is yawning to the right instead of tracking straight ahead. I’m going out flying tomorrow and I’ll make short clip of what I see. Can I upload the clip right here?
2022-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_oisFhDIzyUrg Posted at 12-8 19:25
Hi, I notice it drifting when I’m pushing the stick full forward. With the X grid lines on and the sticks full forward it looks like the drone is yawning to the right instead of tracking straight ahead. I’m going out flying tomorrow and I’ll make short clip of what I see. Can I upload the clip right here?

You can upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive or Youtube and then post the link here. When testing the drone, please ensure that the aircraft mode is normal, i.e., the GPS signal is strong and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode. It is recommended to place the aircraft on level ground for IMU calibration, compass calibration, and remote controller calibration. If possible, please also test it in a different area to see if the issue still exists.
2022-12-8
Use props
djiuser_oisFhDIzyUrg
lvl.3
Canada

Hi, I performed all the calibrations that you requested and it did not solve my issue. I’ve attached some audio to the video to help explain which direction the wind is coming from and as you can see even with the wind coming from right to left the drone is still drifting to the right.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qipr6v ... 20DRIFTING.mov?dl=0
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_oisFhDIzyUrg
lvl.3
Canada

Hi, have you had time to review the video I sent? I was just watching a YouTube content creator that had the same issue and crashed his Mimi 3 Pro.

2022-12-15
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_oisFhDIzyUrg Posted at 2022-12-15 08:41
Hi, have you had time to review the video I sent? I was just watching a YouTube content creator that had the same issue and crashed his Mimi 3 Pro.

https://youtu.be/u-0iYY2qjE4

It does not matter if you have or not the refresh, send the DJI logs for analysis and they can replace the drone for free if is determined that was not a pilot error.
2023-2-22
Use props
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7947890 ft
United States

I have the same issue since a few months ago. I have repeatedly run compass, imu, and controller calibration and nothing helps.

2023-07-26 update: still does not fly straight. RC calibrated, compass calibrated, strong GPS and flying toward a target, there is a continuous yaw right. props look ok.  no idea, but it makes the drone useless for precision video.
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_oisFhDIzyUrg Posted at 2022-12-9 18:26
Hi, I performed all the calibrations that you requested and it did not solve my issue. I’ve attached some audio to the video to help explain which direction the wind is coming from and as you can see even with the wind coming from right to left the drone is still drifting to the right.

We are sorry that your reply was overlooked. May I ask if the issue is resolved now?
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 6-9 08:45
I have the same issue since a few months ago. I have repeatedly run compass, imu, and controller calibration and nothing helps.

Hi there, may I confirm if your drone is also Mini 3 Pro? Will this issue occurs when the drone is hovering? Please ensure that the aircraft mode is normal, i.e., the GPS signal is strong and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode.
2023-6-9
Use props
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-9 20:28
Hi there, may I confirm if your drone is also Mini 3 Pro? Will this issue occurs when the drone is hovering? Please ensure that the aircraft mode is normal, i.e., the GPS signal is strong and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode.

yes, a Mini 3 Pro. only drifts during forward and backward flight.  forward,  it drifts right, backward it drifts left.

also, it seemed to start after one of the updates last Fall.  prior to that, it tracked perfectly.

2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 7-26 15:24
yes, a Mini 3 Pro. only drifts during forward and backward flight.  forward,  it drifts right, backward it drifts left.

Hi there, thank you for the updates. Would you please provide us the recorded footage from the flight and sync the flight records? We will report it to our engineer for further checking. You could share us with Google Drive. Thanks.
2023-7-27
Use props
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 7-27 00:35
Hi there, thank you for the updates. Would you please provide us the recorded footage from the flight and sync the flight records? We will report it to our engineer for further checking. You could share us with Google Drive. Thanks.

Yes, I can do that. I will get that as soon as I can and post it online where you can download it.
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 7-27 18:44
Yes, I can do that. I will get that as soon as I can and post it online where you can download it.

Sure, looking forwards to your reply. If it is not convenient to post here, you could send a PM. Thanks.
2023-7-27
Use props
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 7-27 19:07
Sure, looking forwards to your reply. If it is not convenient to post here, you could send a PM. Thanks.

Update: weather currently unsettled, high gusts and rain coming, but will get this for you as oon as possible.  Thanks.
2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 7-30 09:34
Update: weather currently unsettled, high gusts and rain coming, but will get this for you as oon as possible.  Thanks.

Thanks for your update. We will wait for your reply, please rest assured.
2023-7-30
Use props
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-30 23:46
Thanks for your update. We will wait for your reply, please rest assured.

Sent PM to you.  

thanks!
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 7-31 13:39
Sent PM to you.  

thanks!

Thanks for providing. We will check first, and once we got updates, we will reply you soon.
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 7-31 13:39
Sent PM to you.  

thanks!

Hi there, thanks for the PM. Please check the propellers and the state of the motors. Check whether any motor rotates abnormally when the propellers are not mounted. Confirm that there is no magnetic interference. It is recommended to place the aircraft on level ground for IMU calibration and compass calibration. Check whether the control stick is being pushed. If the stick movement is offset, the remote controller should be calibrated.
2023-8-3
Use props
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-3 01:55
Hi there, thanks for the PM. Please check the propellers and the state of the motors. Check whether any motor rotates abnormally when the propellers are not mounted. Confirm that there is no magnetic interference. It is recommended to place the aircraft on level ground for IMU calibration and compass calibration. Check whether the control stick is being pushed. If the stick movement is offset, the remote controller should be calibrated.

Thank you. the props are all good and the motors rotate freely.  IMU and gimbal calibration were both done using the perfectly level floor in my house.  the RC was also calibrated as well as the compass.  I've done this dozens of times and it still flies this way.  it started during the period when updates were coming out late last Summer into the Fall.  I was hoping you'd find a bug and fix it.  nothing I can do helps.  also, you should have the log from the flight, which shows how carefully I pushed the right stick forward and reverse.  I suppose one of the RC updates that came out could have caused this as well.  

2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 8-3 17:15
Thank you. the props are all good and the motors rotate freely.  IMU and gimbal calibration were both done using the perfectly level floor in my house.  the RC was also calibrated as well as the compass.  I've done this dozens of times and it still flies this way.  it started during the period when updates were coming out late last Summer into the Fall.  I was hoping you'd find a bug and fix it.  nothing I can do helps.  also, you should have the log from the flight, which shows how carefully I pushed the right stick forward and reverse.  I suppose one of the RC updates that came out could have caused this as well.

Thanks for the information. We got an update from the corresponding team that the gimbal is a three axes stabilization gimbal, so the gimbal will react reversely compare to the drone's movement. Thus when the drone flies forward, and then suddenly stops, the gimbal will react reversely to the movement, to keep the gimbal balanced and to avoid reaching the endpoint. We suggest you set it to Follow mode and fly slowly to have a try.
DJI Mini 3 Pro gimbal has Follow Mode and FPV Mode. When you set the gimbal mode to "Follow Mode", the gimbal remains fixed horizontally when the aircraft is moving.
2023-8-4
Use props
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-4 01:32
Thanks for the information. We got an update from the corresponding team that the gimbal is a three axes stabilization gimbal, so the gimbal will react reversely compare to the drone's movement. Thus when the drone flies forward, and then suddenly stops, the gimbal will react reversely to the movement, to keep the gimbal balanced and to avoid reaching the endpoint. We suggest you set it to Follow mode and fly slowly to have a try.
DJI Mini 3 Pro gimbal has Follow Mode and FPV Mode. When you set the gimbal mode to "Follow Mode", the gimbal remains fixed horizontally when the aircraft is moving.

I never use FPV mode.  it was in "follow" mode.  did they not get my flight log?  all that should be in there.  as well as the RC screen capture video I provided?  this is not normal behavior.  and, it started doing this last Fall.  prior to that, it was rock solid.  now I don't even want to use it because it won't track straight.

also, the videos I provided (aircraft and screen capture) were filmed at 2 to 3 mph.  that's slow.  the distance was only about 75 ft and clearly shows how far off the target the drone is at the end of the flight path.  on a landscape shoot, it's impossible now to track toward a focal point because I'm constantly having to compensate either by a left yaw adjustment or a lateral move.  I'm not a new pilot.  the log is sync'd and the screen video shows exactly the behavior.  I'm not the only one reporting this behavior.  that, and the fact that it started after a group of updates seems to imply a firmware change did this.  please ask the team to look at all the data provided?  

thank you.

2023-8-4
Use props
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
United States

Me too.  But they seem to not want to believe the evidence.
2023-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 8-4 15:18
I never use FPV mode.  it was in "follow" mode.  did they not get my flight log?  all that should be in there.  as well as the RC screen capture video I provided?  this is not normal behavior.  and, it started doing this last Fall.  prior to that, it was rock solid.  now I don't even want to use it because it won't track straight.

also, the videos I provided (aircraft and screen capture) were filmed at 2 to 3 mph.  that's slow.  the distance was only about 75 ft and clearly shows how far off the target the drone is at the end of the flight path.  on a landscape shoot, it's impossible now to track toward a focal point because I'm constantly having to compensate either by a left yaw adjustment or a lateral move.  I'm not a new pilot.  the log is sync'd and the screen video shows exactly the behavior.  I'm not the only one reporting this behavior.  that, and the fact that it started after a group of updates seems to imply a firmware change did this.  please ask the team to look at all the data provided?  

Sorry for this issue. We will ask the engineers again for further suggestions. At the same time, we would also love to advise you to slowly stop the drone. Thank you.
2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-5 00:50
Sorry for this issue. We will ask the engineers again for further suggestions. At the same time, we would also love to advise you to slowly stop the drone. Thank you.

the drift occurs DURING flight, not when it stops.  it does not track straight.  look at the screen recording.

here =>   https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... b-VU8LH?usp=sharing

2023-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 8-5 10:38
the drift occurs DURING flight, not when it stops.  it does not track straight.  look at the screen recording.

here =>   https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15u5oTo1snLYChYCVihZePq7JIb-VU8LH?usp=sharing

Noted for the additional information, we will keep you updated on this case.
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 8-5 10:38

here =>   https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15u5oTo1snLYChYCVihZePq7JIb-VU8LH?usp=sharing

Hi there, we got an update from the corresponding team that it seems that there is no abnormality with the gimbal. If you still think it's defective, you can also submit a case and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-8-8
Use props
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-8 02:20
Hi there, we got an update from the corresponding team that it seems that there is no abnormality with the gimbal. If you still think it's defective, you can also submit a case and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support

I did not say anything was wrong with the gimbal.  the problem is with the flight path.  

I give up.  
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 8-8 09:09
I did not say anything was wrong with the gimbal.  the problem is with the flight path.  

I give up.

If you insist there is an issue with the drone, you can choose to send it back for further diagnosis. Our team will send you the test result after the assessment. Thanks for your understanding. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-8-9
Use props
John Payne0
lvl.1

United States

Mine drifts to the left or counterclockwise.  I have to keep very slight pressure on the left stick to keep it in place.  This is my 2nd "Pro 3,'" the first did not do this.  Very frustrating.
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

John Payne0 Posted at 10-3 05:46
Mine drifts to the left or counterclockwise.  I have to keep very slight pressure on the left stick to keep it in place.  This is my 2nd "Pro 3,'" the first did not do this.  Very frustrating.

Hi John, thank you for readching out. Just to verify, did you fly the drone in a place with No GPS signal? If the drone doesn't hover stably, please refer to the info below, thanks.
1. If the propellers are damaged, change them when necessary.
2. Fly in P mode with good GPS environment, avoid flying when there is a strong wind and much interference around.
3. Calibrate the IMU and compass, if possible, also calibrate the VPS system.
See if it helps. If the drone has an impact damage or crash incident before, please send it back for an overall check. Thank you.
2023-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules